Which Dance Teams Will Rise This Season? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Which Dance Teams Will Rise This Season?

Alba

Record Breaker
Links to Nepela videos are in the first post on the Nepela thread.
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51643-22nd-Ondrej-Nepela-Memorial

Saw the videos. :)

I don't know, it's too early to say probably.
I didn't like their performance in their SD. I think Guignard&Fabbri were more powerful and fast.
I liked Shibs FD though, but I had no doubt that the Waltz was a very good choice for them. Didn't like their lift but they have plenty of time to improve that program.

By the way Doris, are the opposite twizzles obligatory this year? I've seen many couples doing that.

Where will C&L be presenting their programs? And will there be video?

National competition in Milan. I think there will be videos.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The new rules have altered what you need to do to get level4 on the twizzles. One of the options is doing "mirror twizzles"

The advantage with mirror twizzles is there is no question whether that's what you did. If you do them that way, and all other criteria are met, you will get your level 4. There is no subjectivity involved-as in was your leg out at 45 degrees and you get your level, or only at 42 degrees and you don't get the level. So it is a good choice to use them, if you can do them at all.

LauraV

On the Ice
The Shibutani's have great programs this year (Specifically SD)

The Shibs' SD is my favorite so far this season, with W/P a close second.

It's been noted before, but the way the Shibs have integrated their twizzles into both their programs this season is really wonderful.

The twizzle sequence in the Shibs' FD is gorgeous in itself, but I am still working my way into their FD as a totality. I need to see it again from a better camera angle.

Elen2702

Rinkside
Probably you are right talking about Lena and Ruslan.
I am also interesting in Kaitlin Hawaek/Jean-Luke Baker couple. It seems to me in the near future, they will fight for the top places.Their programs are not boring to watch, they like a little theatre for me.

Alba

Record Breaker
The new rules have altered what you need to do to get level4 on the twizzles. One of the options is doing "mirror twizzles"

The advantage with mirror twizzles is there is no question whether that's what you did. If you do them that way, and all other criteria are met, you will get your level 4. There is no subjectivity involved-as in was your leg out at 45 degrees and you get your level, or only at 42 degrees and you don't get the level. So it is a good choice to use them, if you can do them at all.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Well, I must say I don't like them. :disapp: Most of them look a mess, not a mirror thing at all.

TMC

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

Well, I must say I don't like them. :disapp: Most of them look a mess, not a mirror thing at all.

I agree with you.

I keep wondering if the reason for my not liking them is because I'm so used to "normal" twizzles and these look so wrong somehow - as in, if I just get used to them I might appreciate them after all - or if it's just that they look a mess full stop.

I still don't know.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree with you.

I keep wondering if the reason for my not liking them is because I'm so used to "normal" twizzles and these look so wrong somehow - as in, if I just get used to them I might appreciate them after all - or if it's just that they look a mess full stop.

I still don't know.

I think I don't like most of them because it most of them look like they're trying to hide what they're lacking in the the synchronization department. The Shibutani's twizzles in the FD stand out because they are actually...well... mirrored.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think I don't like most of them because it most of them look like they're trying to hide what they're lacking in the the synchronization department. The Shibutani's twizzles in the FD stand out because they are actually...well... mirrored.

You're so picky. Picky picky picky picky. Next thing we know you'll actually expect teams to hit every key point. On the beat. Hmpf.

;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You're so picky. Picky picky picky picky. Next thing we know you'll actually expect teams to hit every key point. On the beat. Hmpf.

;)

Well the Shibutanis do need to work on that....(the key points part, not the on the beat part).

#notablindfan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the Shibutanis do need to work on that....(the key points part, not the on the beat part).

#notablindfan

It seems like almost every team does actually. Is there a reason why this seems to be a particularly tricky set of key points to master?

Alba

Record Breaker
I agree with you.

I still don't know.

Might be, but I'm more like Mrs.P. Most of them look like they're trying to hide what they're lacking in the the synchronization.
I also agree that the Shibs were the best I've seen so far.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Gilles & Poirier did not look that good at Autumn Classic, despite having trained all summer and having gotten this year's programs shortly after Worlds. An IN article is mostly an interview with the team.

Paul's ankle is not perfect, and may never be.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/09/23/96003380

Sad to here about his ankle. Hoping they do well though regardless. I still cannot get their Hitchcock and Sweetdreams out of my mind. These two are innovative.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Sad to here about his ankle. Hoping they do well though regardless. I still cannot get their Hitchcock and Sweetdreams out of my mind. These two are innovative.

The Kerrs and the Duchesnays were both very innovative dance teams.Unfortunately they didn't have the technical requirements too :slink:I still can't believe D/D beat K/P for the gold :no:

Rossig

On the Ice
The Kerrs and the Duchesnays were both very innovative dance teams.Unfortunately they didn't have the technical requirements too I still can't believe D/D beat K/P for the gold

What are you talking about? In 1991 Worlds K/P didn't desrve gold. I could understand if U/Z won, but not K/P.

Alba

Record Breaker
What are you talking about? In 1991 Worlds K/P didn't desrve gold. I could understand if U/Z won, but not K/P.

I agree. I thought U&Z should've won. Not D&D and not K&P either. I didn't like K&P at all that year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Okay we lost our way here lol As to who is going to rise I think it is clear Chock and Bates the USFA, the judges really like this team. They have a great look, the picked a power coach with political power, their timing is perfect Davis and White, Virtue and Moir aren't competing and the bronze team is gone leaving the top two at worlds where the Canadians are prone to errors and the Italians some feel might not technically be strong enough to repeat or at least areseen as a very vulnerable team. In fact had I and K stayed together and B and S been healthy one wonders if the italians would have been like those one shot wonders of yesteryear ie that Isaeli team I think that one bronze.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Chock and Bates are making a big push for the world podium and I actually think it will happen for them season. The stars have seemed to align with I/K splitting, B/S out the entire fall, W/P's FD being beatable. While I like C/B and feel they absolutely deserved their win, I do feel for the Shibs who were scored conservatively at SA because I think the federation wants a strong message sent that C/B are the heir apparent to D/W.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Chock and Bates are making a big push for the world podium and I actually think it will happen for them season. The stars have seemed to align with I/K splitting, B/S out the entire fall, W/P's FD being beatable. While I like C/B, I do feel for the Shibs who were scored conservatively at SA because I think the federation wants a strong message sent that C/B are the heir apparent to D/W.

I just think C/B have the better programs this year. The Shibs this year are as generic as they come same for W/P. C/B wanted it and they went after it, simple as that. The Shibs need much better material than what they've been given, too safe and conservative.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think C/B, after Skate America, are definitely in the fight for the world title, along with W/P, C/L, and B/S, IMO.