Kevin Reynolds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was a really good performance. Not sure if it was the best program for him. But I've always said performance should take precedence over program, since we're awarding medals to skaters, not choreographers. :p

Worlds outfit was certainly better: sharper, and more details on the shirt. I can still do with a bit more flare and colour (man, it seems like all my recent costume posts have just been yelling "colour, colour!"...except in the case of Yuzuru). I... guess that outfit slipped my mind because I was so disappointed with his placement there (barely better than Nam Nguyen).

Just looking at the protocols now, he got UR calls and -GOE for all his jumps except the 3T at end of combo. :eek: I think the -3s for the combo were a tad harsh. At least he managed to not put him foot down and still got credit for the second jump. I would've given it -2 in light of how the fall only got -3 + 1 point deduction.

I love black. Black looks sexy on him :love:

I want to burn those old boots.

I want him to get the placement he deserves. I want Kevin to win 2015 Nationals. I feel like Kevin is more likely to push on longer and retire later than Chan.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Just looking at the protocols now, he got UR calls and -GOE for all his jumps except the 3T at end of combo. :eek: I think the -3s for the combo were a tad harsh. At least he managed to not put him foot down and still got credit for the second jump. I would've given it -2 in light of how the fall only got -3 + 1 point deduction.

Are you speaking of his Olympic Team Event performance? I'm looking at a very different protocol.

He was credited for all his elements, with negative GOE on only one element, the 3A.

Kevin BV = 83.42 TES = 89.00

Plushenko BV = 69.81 TES = 81.48

Plyshenko won on PCS - 86.72 vs Kevin's 78.92.

Kevin was robbed IMO.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Are you speaking of his Olympic Team Event performance? I'm looking at a very different protocol.

He was credited for all his elements, with negative GOE on only one element, the 3A.

Kevin BV = 83.42 TES = 89.00

Plushenko BV = 69.81 TES = 81.48

Plyshenko won on PCS - 86.72 vs Kevin's 78.92.

Kevin was robbed IMO.
I'm obviously talking about Worlds SP, considering I mentioned the black outfit and Worlds in the previous paragraph. My statement doesn't even make sense with relation to his LP, since I'd need to specify which combo he had a turnout on, ect. These, here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/wc2014_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sorry it wasn't obvious for me because it followed the quote ending about his LP performance at Sochi Team Event. Well, that was why I was going :confused:

This was a case of 牛头不对马嘴. Or maybe a duck and a chicken having a conversation. :laugh:

In any case, I hope to see Kevin put up more performances like the Team Event LP. It was memorable and inspirational.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
My first paragraph was responding to the part about the LP. My second paragraph was about the SP outfit, which led me to the Worlds SP protocols, which made me go "Ouch!" Has any elite male skater ever gotten UR calls for every single jump but one in the LP? That would need to be some, um... special... skate, and some bloodthirsty tech panel.

My reading comprehension of Chinese is bad (really, really bad), but I actually understood what proverb you're going for this time. I think that might've used up my surges of brilliance for the next week though, and I'll end up setting the kitchen on fire tomorrow.

Becki

Medalist
His shirt for worlds was different. And more of an outfit. And hot cause it was ripped a bit....

I loved the FP! his performance in it for the team event for the Olympics is what made me become a fan of him. So it until a new awesome FP happens, the Excelcius one will be my favorite.

I loved his FP too!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My first paragraph was responding to the part about the LP. My second paragraph was about the SP outfit, which led me to the Worlds SP protocols, which made me go "Ouch!" Has any elite male skater ever gotten UR calls for every single jump but one in the LP? That would need to be some, um... special... skate, and some bloodthirsty tech panel.

My reading comprehension of Chinese is bad (really, really bad), but I actually understood what proverb you're going for this time. I think that might've used up my surges of brilliance for the next week though, and I'll end up setting the kitchen on fire tomorrow.

I get so frustrated at the judges for that. He deserved a bit better score. And as a fan being honest, I feel like he should have been in 10th place. Groan...Notice how I didn't say anything higher than 10. Because yes his skate was not as good as others.

I wish next Worlds he'll do much better.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well, his free program is going to be music from "The Legend of Zelda."

I let out a squeal of joy that scared the cat on my lap away. . . and than realized the one that ran off is the one named Link. . . very appropriate (he is back purring on my lap now, I have three so don't always notice who is on my lap). It is so perfect for him (Kevin, not the cat). I can't decide if I want his costume to be as Link or Zelda (and how many announcers may not know the Zelda is the princess not the star). . . just please not Navi. If "Hey! Listen" makes it way on the ice. . . I may never enjoy his skating again.

Still think Final Fantasy might be better for him. . . but still. . . this is so wonderful.

If anyone is interested, there was a gymnast from Mexico Elsa Garcia who used Zelda music for her floor routine at the London Olympics. I though some may enjoy seeing something of an example of this music as a performance, especially if you are not a gamer and unfamiliar. I think it works. Though keep in mind there is a whole Zelda franchise, so his could be a bit different, I suspect we will hear some parts very similar. Love the Nintendo chime at the start.

. . . He may have just surprised Max Aaron's Footloose the program I want to see the most at this point.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I let out a squeal of joy that scared the cat on my lap away. . . and than realized the one that ran off is the one named Link. . . very appropriate (he is back purring on my lap now, I have three so don't always notice who is on my lap). It is so perfect for him (Kevin, not the cat). I can't decide if I want his costume to be as Link or Zelda (and how many announcers may not know the Zelda is the princess not the star). . . just please not Navi. If "Hey! Listen" makes it way on the ice. . . I may never enjoy his skating again.

Still think Final Fantasy might be better for him. . . but still. . . this is so wonderful.

If anyone is interested, there was a gymnast from Mexico Elsa Garcia who used Zelda music for her floor routine at the London Olympics. I though some may enjoy seeing something of an example of this music as a performance, especially if you are not a gamer and unfamiliar. I think it works. Though keep in mind there is a whole Zelda franchise, so his could be a bit different, I suspect we will hear some parts very similar. Love the Nintendo chime at the start.

. . . He may have just surprised Max Aaron's Footloose the program I want to see the most at this point.

I let out a squeal also. No I'm not a video gamer. But it's just that Kevin has such interesting tastes in songs for figure skating programs!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Omg! I just listened to the video you gave the link to! And I started fangirling a bit!!!! OMG! I can't imagine what his choreography and step sequences are going to look like!! EEEEE!!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I let out a squeal also. No I'm not a video gamer. But it's just that Kevin has such interesting tastes in songs for figure skating programs!

Which I really appreciate in a skater, doing something different that works for them.

FWIW his hair frequently ends up looking very much like a real life version of many of the hair styles you see in male Japaneses video game characters. Seriously, he very likely makes cos-players jealous without even trying. I assure you, gamers are going to see him skate to this and love it so long as he keeps the hair. The first thing my better half said when he saw Kevin was that he had wild anime hair. . . and he has loved the hair ever since. I really cannot convey to you enough how perfect this is for him from a gamer perspective.

Frankly, if he hits this right it has potential to go more viral than Riverdance. Gamers love seeing anything to do with gaming taken more seriously. Many were thrilled seeing Chris and Cathy Reed skate to the Total War soundtrack. I assure you Zelda music (and the franchise itself) is much more recognizable to a wider number of gamers and has a special place in many of their hearts.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Omg! I just listened to the video you gave the link to! And I started fangirling a bit!!!! OMG! I can't imagine what his choreography and step sequences are going to look like!! EEEEE!!

There is so much potential here. To give you an idea here is a performance of some of the Zelda music done by a full symphony. There really is a lot for him to work with and play with.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which I really appreciate in a skater, doing something different that works for them.

FWIW his hair frequently ends up looking very much like a real life version of many of the hair styles you see in male Japaneses video game characters. Seriously, he very likely makes cos-players jealous without even trying. I assure you, gamers are going to see him skate to this and love it so long as he keeps the hair. The first thing my better half said when he saw Kevin was that he had wild anime hair. . . and he has loved the hair ever since. I really cannot convey to you enough how perfect this is for him from a gamer perspective.

Frankly, if he hits this right it has potential to go more viral than Riverdance. Gamers love seeing anything to do with gaming taken more seriously. Many were thrilled seeing Chris and Cathy Reed skate to the Total War soundtrack. I assure you Zelda music (and the franchise itself) is much more recognizable to a wider number of gamers and has a special place in many of their hearts.

I hope this will be the program that will make other skaters watch out for him!

This will be weird if it surpasses than Riverdance considering that Jason is also one of my three favorites. But I have a soft spot for Kevin.

I freaking love his hair! If anyone says he needs to cut it, I'd say, "Shut up! His hair is FABULOUS!"

I'm a cheerleader but I love thinking of songs that would be great for cheer routines and figure skating programs. None are really super conventional as well. But heck Kevin picks nonconventional songs as well! Anything that interests my ears and brain I take it!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States