Kevin Reynolds | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It is so good to see Kevin's comeback. I thought he might've retired already, but I was completely wrong. I'm not a big fan of him, but his presence always makes figure skating colorful and interesting.

I like the music, what a cool choice, which suits his personality very well; unique and exuberant. Considering the fact that this is the first time for him to show the world that he is not done yet after the last season's Nationals, the performance looks quite good with some eye catching movements. I hope him nail the FS too.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I couldn't watch the stream, but when I saw how well he did, I started freaking out in a good way and I almost felt tears come to my eyes because I was so relieved!

When I saw the video, I started fangirling while watching. It was amazing! The program so suits him and no falls! I'm absolutely so proud of him! People saying ones who have the surgery never come back! Scoff! He proved people wrong today! Sure it wasn't flawless, but it's great considering how much it's been since he last competed.

I knew he wasn't done yet! He has more to show the world! And tomorrow I hope he'll win the Challenge!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Video of the SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcNcsIK7T9s

77.73 - 2nd place by less than 1 point.

He looks great considering he hasn't competed properly in ages! And I'm a complete anime ignoramus, but I do know the Cowboy Bebop Theme...cool choice & very Kevin! Hope his FS is just as good.

Thank you! Kevin's music choices always kills me :love: Best taste in music IMO. Glad to see that he's in good shape! And that ending pose :agree:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you! Kevin's music choices always kills me :love: Best taste in music IMO. Glad to see that he's in good shape! And that ending pose :agree:

That's one of the reason why I'm a fan! He doesn't choose warhorses and chooses super cool music!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Kevin has just fulfilled one of my FS related wishes :hap93: Can't belive his SP is to Opening from Cowboy Bebop! (CB soundtrack as whole is great all by Seatbelts, but Tank! is just EPIC for me). He makes great Spike, but I would make those sleeves a little longer. Anyway just love this program & can't wait to see what he prepared for LP :rock:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay. I didn't watch, but people said he popped 2 quads but fought hard for everything else. He got 2nd. BUT I'm pretty sure this means he qualified for nationals! Yes?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Best of luck to Kevin at his Nationals! He has had a tough time and I am happy for him that things are going smoothly.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Does he have required TES minimum scores for Four Continents? I'm curious...I don't know when will be the submission date for the event too. That event would be a great chance for Kevin to show his presence to the world.

Edit: Oh, silly me, I read his message now, and his goal is for next season. He carefully measures what he can do at this point.

Whatever may happen at Nationals in Halifax this January, it will be a step forward to coming back to full preparation for next season. My ultimate goal is to eventually be able to show my best performances once again.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A message from Kevin has been published on his fan site today:
http://kr-fan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=266

He talks about coming back to skating from injury, his programmes, choreography, his comeback at Skate Canada Challenge, his ultimate goal, etc.

Good luck, Kevin :hap10:

You might be wondering why I didn't post it first. Well, I'm sometimes hesitant to post stuff from it because I usually don't post stuff in here unless it's 100% confirmed by other stuff. BUT I would like to say that reading it made me feel very proud of him. Him saying his determination and how fast the jumps come back made me so happy. Like it feels like a miracle happened in my opinion. I feel more confident in him for nationals than I did last year. I remember last year....I had a horrible feeling for months that something will go wrong. Now, just some heart palpitations for nerves for him, but definitely more confident. Especially seeing how the jumps looked with NO falls. Though some slight mistakes when he did his programs, it's a promising sign. I'm almost tearing up writing this because all my hoping and praying that he'll come back looks like it worked. Finally seeing some promise that he's back makes me feel like there could potentially be a surprise at nationals. I mean, I don't know.

Last edited: