Kevin Reynolds | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

Meoima

Match Penalty
Congrats Kevin, after a hard season it's great to see him on national podium again.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If Kevin does quite a bit better than Liam at 4CC, is there any way SC might change their mind and send him to Worlds?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Kevin, not just for winning bronze but also for the great progress since your return and for the joy of performing and competing. Very impressive and indicative of great results to come. Be proud.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Kevin does quite a bit better than Liam at 4CC, is there any way SC might change their mind and send him to Worlds?

Hopefully, but as of right now, the decision is fair cause Liam has the technical minimum for Worlds and Kevin doesn't. But I do wish Kevin would go to Worlds because I'm most likely going to Boston and watch the men's FP.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was amused that Kevin's SP appeared in an article on io9 (it's a site dedicated to all things "geek", e.g. science, science-fiction/fantasy, etc.): http://io9.gizmodo.com/watch-an-olympic-figure-skater-perform-to-the-cowboy-be-1755426035

And it was trending on my Facebook which made me freak out! And I found out Channel Frederator tweeted it out!! Which made me fangirl cause I love watching the cartoon conspiracy theories and 107 facts videos on their YouTube channel! And I posted on their Facebook page "You guys tweeted the link to Kevin Reynolds' SP to Cowboy Beebop!!!1 YOU'RE SO AWESOME!!!!!! He's one of my three #1 favorite skaters!!!! So yeah I'm fangirling!!!" And they replied "He was awesome!" Like seriously! These make me have fangirl attacks!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have gotten confirmation, and I never thought the day would happen, but he finally got an Instagram! http://instagram.com/kevin.reynolds

And for fun I made a bet with myself and told some friends that if ever posts a selfie, I'll take a cold shower. No one forced the bet on me. I decided to do it for fun.

But yeah if you want to follow him, here's the link.

LRK

Record Breaker
Good Heavens, what happened? I just checked the results - four falls? Or is any deduction for something else? I hope he'll come back strong in the free. Go Kevin!

@cheerknithanson - His comeback so far has been going so much better than could have been expected - it's not so strange that he'd hit a bump in the road sooner or later.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good Heavens, what happened? I just checked the results - four falls? Or is any deduction for something else? I hope he'll come back strong in the free. Go Kevin!

@cheerknithanson - His comeback so far has been going so much better than could have been expected - it's not so strange that he'd hit a bump in the road sooner or later.

I know. I know comebacks are never perfect. I'm still SO proud of him for having amazing determination for coming back. At least this was at an event that doesn't result in loss of spots. I haven't bothered watching it. I actually don't know why I'm not totally devastated. Well actually, it's probably due to I have other things on my mind that are more important and I was pretty groggy when I saw the results. And also, maybe it's because I finally let go of being so worried. And just being happy he's competing. At least it happened here and not at nationals.

On the plus note, those GOEs on the StSq?! YES!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Oh, I'm so sad! I have seen the protocoll..What happened??? This is very unusual from him! Any interview?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It could be because of difficult ice conditions as mentioned by Patrick. Kevin wasn't interviewed but could of course be affected by the same conditions, as most N American skaters seem to be to different extents.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES!!!! Jumped up 9 places and he got 11th overall and 8th in the FP! He didn't hit 200 points overall, but was close. And that skate was such a comeback skate!