Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Reynolds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    How was that?

As for his older costumes, I prefer them to the ones he had last season. The tree costume is a bit of a hot mess, but at least it's an interesting hot mess. The Russian-looking one isn't too bad. This one is really nice. I like the purple and pinstripes one too.
    Okay. This was directly copies from the about section of the Facebook page that I created for Americans of him. I wrote how I became a fan of Kevin. Here is what I said,

"It was Sunday, February 9, 2014. I couldn't watch the livestream of the team figure skating event because I was at work (I'm a teachers aide for religious school at my synagogue). So when I went on Wikipedia when I got off to check the results, I saw that another skater that I'm a fan of, Jason Brown from the USA, got fourth out of 5 for the mens free program for the team event. Then I saw his name and I was like kinda angrily, "Who is this Kevin Reynolds?! Taking 2nd place?!" (Something along the line) Then when I was finally able to watch the replay of it, I saw the guys skating on the ice and I him and his name and I was like, "Oh he's kinda cute…no! Stay mad! Stay mad!" Then when I watched him skate, I was amazed! He could do quads as easily as a someone could sing their favorite song. His routine was amazing! I watched it like at least four times that day. Then I was like, "Okay, I can't be mad anymore! He's simply an amazing skater!""

Custom Title
    I really want to see him skate to some Final Fantasy music an really rock the anime hair. I love his crazy anime elf hair.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerknithanson View Post
    His SP is going to be the same as last season. But he has a different FP. I have no idea though what the song is.
    Oh good. I quite liked that SP, while I feel like the LP didn't quite fit him. I hope he finds a different outfit though. The "black training clothes" situation was too low-key for the Olympics, and FS in general, imo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Oh good. I quite liked that SP, while I feel like the LP didn't quite fit him. I hope he finds a different outfit though. The "black training clothes" situation was too low-key for the Olympics, and FS in general, imo.
    His shirt for worlds was different. And more of an outfit. And hot cause it was ripped a bit....

I loved the FP! his performance in it for the team event for the Olympics is what made me become a fan of him. So it until a new awesome FP happens, the Excelcius one will be my favorite.

Custom Title
    His shirt for worlds was different. And more of an outfit. And hot cause it was ripped a bit....

I loved the FP! his performance in it for the team event for the Olympics is what made me become a fan of him. So it until a new awesome FP happens, the Excelcius one will be my favorite.
    It was a really good performance. Not sure if it was the best program for him. But I've always said performance should take precedence over program, since we're awarding medals to skaters, not choreographers.

Worlds outfit was certainly better: sharper, and more details on the shirt. I can still do with a bit more flare and colour (man, it seems like all my recent costume posts have just been yelling "colour, colour!"...except in the case of Yuzuru). I... guess that outfit slipped my mind because I was so disappointed with his placement there (barely better than Nam Nguyen).

Just looking at the protocols now, he got UR calls and -GOE for all his jumps except the 3T at end of combo. I think the -3s for the combo were a tad harsh. At least he managed to not put him foot down and still got credit for the second jump. I would've given it -2 in light of how the fall only got -3 + 1 point deduction.

Custom Title
    It was a really good performance. Not sure if it was the best program for him. But I've always said performance should take precedence over program, since we're awarding medals to skaters, not choreographers.

Worlds outfit was certainly better: sharper, and more details on the shirt. I can still do with a bit more flare and colour (man, it seems like all my recent costume posts have just been yelling "colour, colour!"...except in the case of Yuzuru). I... guess that outfit slipped my mind because I was so disappointed with his placement there (barely better than Nam Nguyen).

Just looking at the protocols now, he got UR calls and -GOE for all his jumps except the 3T at end of combo. I think the -3s for the combo were a tad harsh. At least he managed to not put him foot down and still got credit for the second jump. I would've given it -2 in light of how the fall only got -3 + 1 point deduction.
    I love black. Black looks sexy on him

I want to burn those old boots.

I want him to get the placement he deserves. I want Kevin to win 2015 Nationals. I feel like Kevin is more likely to push on longer and retire later than Chan.

Custom Title
    Are you speaking of his Olympic Team Event performance? I'm looking at a very different protocol.

He was credited for all his elements, with negative GOE on only one element, the 3A.

Kevin BV = 83.42 TES = 89.00

Plushenko BV = 69.81 TES = 81.48

Plyshenko won on PCS - 86.72 vs Kevin's 78.92.

Kevin was robbed IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Are you speaking of his Olympic Team Event performance? I'm looking at a very different protocol.

He was credited for all his elements, with negative GOE on only one element, the 3A.

Kevin BV = 83.42 TES = 89.00

Plushenko BV = 69.81 TES = 81.48

Plyshenko won on PCS - 86.72 vs Kevin's 78.92.

Kevin was robbed IMO.
    I'm obviously talking about Worlds SP, considering I mentioned the black outfit and Worlds in the previous paragraph. My statement doesn't even make sense with relation to his LP, since I'd need to specify which combo he had a turnout on, ect. These, here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

Custom Title
    Sorry it wasn't obvious for me because it followed the quote ending about his LP performance at Sochi Team Event. Well, that was why I was going

This was a case of 牛头不对马嘴. Or maybe a duck and a chicken having a conversation.

In any case, I hope to see Kevin put up more performances like the Team Event LP. It was memorable and inspirational.

Custom Title
    My first paragraph was responding to the part about the LP. My second paragraph was about the SP outfit, which led me to the Worlds SP protocols, which made me go "Ouch!" Has any elite male skater ever gotten UR calls for every single jump but one in the LP? That would need to be some, um... special... skate, and some bloodthirsty tech panel.

My reading comprehension of Chinese is bad (really, really bad), but I actually understood what proverb you're going for this time. I think that might've used up my surges of brilliance for the next week though, and I'll end up setting the kitchen on fire tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Oh he was totally robbed IMO also.

This is a couple years old, but it's cute. A Plushenko video message to Kevin for his birthday. "Jump more quads!"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    This is a couple years old, but it's cute. A Plushenko video message to Kevin for his birthday. "Jump more quads!"
    I don't even really like Plushenko, but this made me smile.

Custom Title

I loved his FP too!!

Custom Title
    My first paragraph was responding to the part about the LP. My second paragraph was about the SP outfit, which led me to the Worlds SP protocols, which made me go "Ouch!" Has any elite male skater ever gotten UR calls for every single jump but one in the LP? That would need to be some, um... special... skate, and some bloodthirsty tech panel.

My reading comprehension of Chinese is bad (really, really bad), but I actually understood what proverb you're going for this time. I think that might've used up my surges of brilliance for the next week though, and I'll end up setting the kitchen on fire tomorrow.
    I get so frustrated at the judges for that. He deserved a bit better score. And as a fan being honest, I feel like he should have been in 10th place. Groan...Notice how I didn't say anything higher than 10. Because yes his skate was not as good as others.

I wish next Worlds he'll do much better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast