Kevin Reynolds | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know people would like to avoid surgery if they could, but... Look at it this way. This has been plaguing him for years, and preventing him from skating optimally. Let's hope that this will take care of the problem once and for all - even if the recovery time will take longer. And then, as he says, he can "return to skating with a renewed sense of freedom.”

I know. Now that it's repaired, I hope we'll see an even better skater out of him. Of course after a safe and full recovery. Recoveries like these can't be rushed at all and have to be careful.

Pretty soon all critics will take back what they say and other skaters will have to watch out cause he'll be back one day.

LRK

Record Breaker
I know. Now that it's repaired, I hope we'll see an even better skater out of him. Of course after a safe and full recovery. Recoveries like these can't be rushed at all and have to be careful.

Pretty soon all critics will take back what they say and other skaters will have to watch out cause he'll be back one day.

That will never happen. I'm not saying this to be depressing - but rather, just warning you not to expect too much. A true "critic" will always find something to latch onto, and will seldom take back what they have said.

But you shouldn't care too much about that - take joy in his skating, and share that joy with the likeminded... and don't mind those who don't like it.:)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That will never happen. I'm not saying this to be depressing - but rather, just warning you not to expect too much. A true "critic" will always find something to latch onto, and will seldom take back what they have said.

But you shouldn't care too much about that - take joy in his skating, and share that joy with the likeminded... and don't mind those who don't like it.:)

Okay, I mean people will start perceive him differently.

I'm just trying to set a vibe of that he'll be back better than before. You know?

Meoima

Match Penalty
If he comes back healthily and delivers decently, people will see him differently for sure.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51619-Kevin-Reynolds
Kevin has an updated OP. He has dedicated fans who have uploaded videos back to 2001!

And there are some fun fluffs too.

I really liked his 2013 World Team Trophy EX to GAFU with choreo by Kenji Miyamoto! I am not a dedicated gala watcher, so I had missed this one!

Has anyone heard how Kevin is doing now that it is almost two months after his hip surgery?

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks Doris! thats a lot of video you found :cheer: he isnt one of my favourites but i feel for him for last season, he had every chance to be national champion but too many set backs happened, i hope everything will go smoothly for him next season :clap:
btw when you said WTT i remembered his illusion spin, i think it was 2013, i hope to never see it again :p

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest, when I found out Kevin didn't get any GP assignments, I wasn't crying or stuff like that. I was totally okay with it. Because I knew it was cause that his score from the Autumn Classic wasn't good enough to make the top 24 or 75 and cause of his hip surgery. I want him to recover fully, safely, carefully, and as slow as possible. It's a marathon to recovery. Not a sprint. And we don't want anymore serious injuries from him.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I love Kevin Reynolds and I really hope he is able to come back. I am not sure how successful surgery can be, so I am a bit reluctant. But if Kevin wants to come back, everything is possible.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've seen it. But I'm not sure if some of the stuff on there I want to believe just yet because I don't know where they got it from. Sorry, but it's just because I'm a person that wants to make sure that everything is validated before I post it. Like last year I made a Facebook page for American fans of him (Only 4 likes counting me and the other 3 are friends) and I don't post stuff of news relating to him unless it's been confirmed by like news sources or twitter sources that are journalists.

Yes I know I sound like a party-pooper, but one thing I learned from taking one year of journalism when I was in high school was to validate sources.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now of course I have heard from sources on Skate Canada in April that the surgery was successful. So props to the surgeons. It gives me some comfort. But with him, I'm never reassured unless I for once have confidence and no worry.

And I really do want him to come back and get redemption.

But I fear that he won't. And if that happens sooner than I would hope, I actually don't know how I'll react.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Oh my, I forgot about his birthday! :eek:: Happy birthday! And stay healthy and in good form!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well it's not his birthday yet in North America, but I already know what I'm doing to celebrate it when tomorrow comes: Wear a black T-shirt with different Olympics logos (Though all of them are logos for summer olympics but still....) and watch at least one video of him skating.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Well it's not his birthday yet in North America, but I already know what I'm doing to celebrate it when tomorrow comes: Wear a black T-shirt with different Olympics logos (Though all of them are logos for summer olympics but still....) and watch at least one video of him skating.

I forgot about the times zones... It is confusing me. :laugh: And I think that's a great way how to celebrate his birthday!