soi fans | Golden Skate

soi fans

Oksana for sure. Ilia Kulik if they can get him.

Not a guest star, but I hope they keep Yuka as the lady headliner. (She may not want to do it, however. I read that it was a hard decision for her, whether to leave Jason and set aside her coaching opportunities to go on tour.)

Mathman:)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course my vote goes for:

Alexei
Todd E.
Yuka
Dance team, I very muched liked Gorsha & Sur.

I need to think of some more.

Dee

It's so sad when all the great "regulars" retire, isn't it? I miss Roz, Katia, Scott, Kurt, Bechke & Petrov.

I do hope they'll invite Oksana to do the whole tour and that she'll accept and be able to handle it.
I enjoyed Krylova/Ovsianikov the year they were with Stars, so it'd be nice to see them back to fill the spot for a dance team.
I always thought Nicole Bobek would fit well with SOI.

Koroleva

On the Ice
For ladies...
Oksana Baiul
and MARIA BUTYRSKAYA

also...
Katia Gordeeva or
Lucina Ruh

For pairs...
I think that B&S, I&Z and S&P are enough. (I mainly go just for B&S. ;))

For men...
ILIA KULIK!!!
Abt would be very nice as well.
Todd is really such a great pro. I never wowed about Todd until SOI especially this year.

For DANCE.
We need dancers! I vote for Krylova and Ovsianikov. Roca and Sur are nice. A&P would be amazing, L&A and FP&M are too busy with new babies.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Totally agree about ALEXANDER ABT!!!!

Why IMG doesn't put him on SOI is a mystery - he's already
one of their clients!!!!

Keep Alexei, Anton & Elena, Jamie & David, Kurt. Bring back Luncinda Ruh - even if just for the spinning numbers and not the groups.
They could use a great dance team instead of more pairs -
with Meno & Sand leaving, maybe they'll add one to the roster.

But....put SASHA ABT out there - he will ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

lulu

Final Flight
Ilia Kulik & Alexander Abt. :D

Ilia Kulik would be an especially good choice since he has skated before in SOI and is familiar with the SOI audience.

I also like A&P maybe also Roca & Sur or even D&V

Pairs-they have a lot of pairs right now, but I guess for a guest stop, L&K.

Ladies
I think Katia will always have a place with SOI, if she wants one. So it is a given that she'll be a guest star, if she wants too. Not to mention, I enjoyed her programs this year more than I've done before. ;)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Guess I must have missed it. Didn't know Meno and Sand were leaving. It doesn't surprise me. I figured they'd want to start a family before much longer. What has been said about it?

Cassie

Rinkside
Jenni and Todd have mentioned that this might be their last year on the tour. In Portland, Scott gave a speech that included "Anything is possible .. keep an open heart and an open mind"

They would also like to start a family soon, and will continue to skate. (They are slated for Kristi's show in Hershey November 5th :D )

Their official web site www.meno-sand.net always has new updates, and often posts from Jenni and Todd. Stop by and visit us.

Cassie Pool

Last edited:

Becca84

Rinkside
It would be sad to see M&S leave SOI, but I can understand them wanting to start a family.

As for guest stars, I liked this yrs guest stars. The only things I would change are switching Todd for Ilia & maybe adding Lucinda to the cast. Of course I'd also like to see R&S come back so there's ice dancers...

Vash01

Medalist
Definitely Ilia Kulik and Sasha Abt.

Add Maria Butyrskaya too. The tour needs more lady singles skaters. Keep Yuka, of course.

Add an ice dance team. SOI has always had one ice dance team. I miss Krylova-Ovssianikov. I wish SOI would bring them back, also Roca-Sur, if they are still skating.

Among pairs, the only one I really want to watch is Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze, but in the last 2 years I have developed a surprising fondness for Meno and Sand. I would love it Kazakova-Dmitriev signed with SOI.

I still miss Bechke & Petrov very much, but there is no way we can have them back.

Vash

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SOI Fans

Todd! Todd! Todd! :love: Bring back Yuka and Steven Cousins (for the "core cast").

If they continue with guest stars - Paul, Kristi, Kurt, Katia. I don't mind Oksana (I like that she skated with joy in the tour, and was not "over the top"), but I prefer the others. If Ilia can't be with SOI full time, please bring him back as a guest star!

I would like to see Jen Robinson invited to the US tour now that she has gone pro.

I love Roca & Sur, but if they can't come back, I would love to see K & O again, or Drokiazko & Vanagas, if they decide to go pro.

Last edited:

Kateri

On the Ice
Re: SOI Fans

iluvtodd said:
I love Roca & Sur, but if they can't come back, I would love to see K & O again, or Drokiazko & Vanagas, if they decide to go pro. [/B]

D&V went pro after 2002 worlds, in disgust at being cheated (so they believed) of the bronze medal.

k

Koroleva

On the Ice
Re: Re: SOI Fans

Kateri said:
D&V went pro after 2002 worlds, in disgust at being cheated (so they believed) of the bronze medal.

k

There was talk about them coming back for the 2005 season though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Of course my vote goes for:

Alexei
Todd E.
Yuka
Dance team, I very muched liked Gorsha & Sur.

I need to think of some more.

Dee

Dee... not being picky as I do this often as well but it's ROCA and Sur ;) but I'd just like to see Gorsha LOL *drools*

Kateri

On the Ice
Re: Re: Re: SOI Fans

Koroleva said:
There was talk about them coming back for the 2005 season though.

So did they go pro or not? I didn't think you could go back.
Are they just staying away, eligible but not competing then?

k

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonichelle said:
Dee... not being picky as I do this often as well but it's ROCA and Sur ;) but I'd just like to see Gorsha LOL *drools*
Isn't it funny how people knew who I was talking about. You are right, silly me. :laugh: :laugh: I think it was thinking about Gorsha and I got all mixed up.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

skate4fun

Spectator
SOI Guests

I thought it was a great idea to add different guests to SOI. I had purchased advanced tickets for one show and ended up going to a 2nd show to see Kurt and Oksana.

I hope SOI follows through with the same idea next year. But I think the emphasis shouldn't always be on medals and titles! Some of the best entertainers and skaters have never won a medal at Worlds. Look at Steven Cousins. He was a great addition to the show for years, but never medalled at Worlds.

So, with that in mind, I hope SOI will invite ALEXANDER ABT next season. He's hugely popular in Russia, Europe and Japan because they appreciate him for his talented skating and not a collection of medals. I know many skating fans who were disappointed when he retired because they never got to see him skate live.

ABT for SOI!

Last edited: