Junior Grand Prix to be Live Streamed via Youtube | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Junior Grand Prix to be Live Streamed via Youtube

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
The "as previous seasons" part should mean that we will have the specific performances uploaded separately!! :yay:

Except none of the top three ladies have been uploaded. :mad:

Ooops. My bad, I found it now.:slink: Thank you Sam. Why does the video start after she begins?

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Watch Evgenia....you won't be disappointed.

http://youtu.be/XWPSW76THRo

I just watched it. Her costume :love: And the program was fantastic.

Watching it made me think of something I'd been worrying about for Yulia. In this program Evgenia had an edge call on her triple lutz. With the highlight distribution it would have originally been worth 6.6 points. After the e call it was worth 4.32 points. After the negative GOE, 3.32 points. But the 3F-3T was worth 10.34 (highlight) points and with GOE was 11.44 points. Constructing her program this way basically negated any loss she received and gave her the same TES she would have received last year.

I'm hoping Yulia and anyone else with an edge call will do this. 2A first, and then 3F-3T and 3Lz with highlight distribution.

BV last year was 32.53 Jumps (19.23) Other Elements (13.3)

2A 3.3
3F-3Tx 10.34
3Lzx 5.5(?) just guessing on the value here, unclear edge, minimal -GOE

The total would be 19.14+13.3= BV of 32.44. This would minimize any damage, and if the 2A was also halfway through the program her BV would be higher (32.77).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Interesting that the ladies' SP event is uploaded as one large video (and individual videos as well?) but thus far the men's SPs are just individual uploads.... Fast forward to 16:20 in the ladies' event, that's when things finally get going. :)

And OMG this guy's pronunciation of Piyungjong and Yuzuru Han-oo! :slink:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Interesting that the ladies' SP event is uploaded as one large video (and individual videos as well?) but thus far the men's SPs are just individual uploads....

The Men's SP also is available as one large video (in addition to individual videos):

And the Ladies' SP is available both as one large video and as individual videos.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Quick thoughts:

Impressed with Evgenia! Loved the tano feature on her jumps and she looked relaxed and easy...didn't care for that dress though.

Rin Nitaya (JPN) was a pleasant surprise. Nice program, easy jumps and good flow in her footwork. Hopefully she'll be great in the FS. I've been a little worried about Japan...they lost two of their top 3 skaters this season with Akiko retiring and Mao out indefinitely. Satoko and Kanako are both great but in terms of stacking the deck and having skaters coming up through the ranks, Japan was looking a little weak. Nitaya could change that.

Really disappointed Amber Glenn fell. She'd have been right on Evgenia's heels if she'd landed that jump. Still, I liked her SP. Hopefully she can rebound and skate well in the FS.

Really interesting music choices: Britney Spears by one girl, Lady Gaga medley by another. Only one skater had a program with lyrics though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm too lazy for original thought right now so I'm just reposting from another thread I posted at earlier ...sorry. :slink:

So I just watched the Moroccan girl skate and its apparent she wasn't expecting to get a great score and I actually enjoyed it because now I can confidently tell public skaters that annoy me they wouldn't even get 1 point at an ISU JUNIOR Grand Prix event !! But still my heart goes out to her for trying. When she fell on her spin I really felt sorry because that's just too bad. At least she tried. I would have judged with my heart and showered her with PCS. I'm too much of a softy for this sport I think. Besides no one takes PCS very seriously anyway. When the scores came up I just couldn't look. The whole experience was like the feeling you get when you decide whether not to watch some shock video that is +18 for graphic violence or something. I hope she can get thru the FS clean and get every point she can. I'm pulling for her NOT to set the lowest combined score ever. Get em girl.

gotoschool

Medalist
Evgenia Medvedeva is a marvelous skater! She skates with natural elegance, genuine expression, and she has beautiful symmetrical revolutions to her jumps and flexible spins. I love the way she puts her hand on top of her head when she jumps like a ballerina spinning top. In addition to her wonderful lines and extensions, her exquisite positions and elegant motions are natural expressions of her soul that are synchronized beautifully to the music. She also has a smooth approach and erect posture heading into and out of her jumps and doesn't hunch. Her PCS seems too low to me. I really like her dress too. I like Evgenia Medvedeva and Maria Sotskova the best of all the Russians, and they may not even make it to worlds as seniors. Maria's SP performance in the Junior GPF 2013 was magnificent. So classy and elegant.

Rin Nitaya was also really smooth with solid jumps and spins and delivered her program with conviction and confidence with no slips that I could see. Really good skater.

Amber Glenn had an impressive jump combo to begin and a fantastic Biellmann spin. Good energy and I like her personality on the ice. Too bad she fell.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I didn't see it posted here and I had a little problem finding it, so I thought I would post the site for the ladies' free program in the Junior Grand Prix in Courchevel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBAF1aU27E

I have to say, after the first event I have been really impressed with the quality of the stream. I liked the minimal commentation too, when they had it - at least other than when he butchered the skaters' names! Kudos to the ISU for getting this together.

Icey

Record Breaker
I have to say, after the first event I have been really impressed with the quality of the stream. I liked the minimal commentation too, when they had it - at least other than when he butchered the skaters' names! Kudos to the ISU for getting this together.

I agree. Not one single problem with streaming during the entire competition. My fault, but I don't know the flags of all countries, so I wish they would give the name of the skater's country.

I wish the skater's teams would use more age appropriate music for the younger skaters. Many cannot live up to the music they are skating to and they are overwhelmed by it and their short comings are made even more evident.

jace93

On the Ice
I wish the skater's teams would use more age appropriate music for the younger skaters. Many cannot live up to the music they are skating to and they are overwhelmed by it and their short comings are made even more evident.

Well that's a problem of many senior skater too :biggrin: anyway I don't think that the Isu informatic engineers that manage the stream can do much about it ;)