A message and request for Nadine | Golden Skate

A message and request for Nadine

I noticed you do not have a PM set up so I am contacting you this way.

In the thread about the two Dortmund Worlds, you accused me of contradicting myself but you failed to mention how I did that. I don't see it but you may be rorrect. Please explain.

Joe

Nadine

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I noticed you do not have a PM set up so I am contacting you this way.

In the thread about the two Dortmund Worlds, you accused me of contradicting myself but you failed to mention how I did that. I don't see it but you may be rorrect. Please explain.

Joe

Hey Joesitz! :)

*yawn* ( :eek: ), that was monthzzzzz ago (lol). ;)

But if you insist, I seem to recall that you stated the following (btw sorry about not quoting directly but I don't know how to; no lie):

he did give the nod to Baiul based on her cuteness and that's o.k. It is a very subjective sport and if little girls turn him on so be it. She double footed every jump in the LP and continues to do the same today. This is not a putdown of Oksana. It is a fact. When will she land a perfect jump? I like her very much and would love to see the perfect jump.

Hmm, it seems to me that what you stated above is a contradiction in terms, specifically when you say "This is not a putdown of Oksana. It is a fact." Now I ask you, Joesitz, how can you honestly state that it is not a putdown (also not a contradiction) based on what preceded it, specifically "he did give the nod to Baiul based on her cuteness and that's o.k. It is a very subjective sport and if little girls turn him on so be it. She doubled footed every jump in the LP and continues to do the same today.

*Wrong*, she did not double foot every jump in the LP........fact; rather an extreme exaggeration/embellishment of the truth........which was that she actually only double-footed one triple jump (i.e. 3F). Btw, she did 5 triples in total (all different) - 3Z/2T (pure & gorgeous), 3F (badly two-footed), 3R (equally gorgeous), 2A (ditto), 3S (very nice), 2T, 3T, 2A/2T. Please refer to a tape of this program for confirmation of what I say. And as to the rest of your rather *snarky* comments as regards Judge Jan Hoffmann, I'll leave that between you & him. ;) :D

Oh yeah, one more thing, as regards Oksana continuing to double foot every single jump today......no, 'fraid your wrong pardner (;^D.......just take a look at 2000 Goodwill Games, where Oksana was cut (meaning in phenomenal shape), and landed a GORGEOUS/PURE/MONSTER triple lutz (no lie)! In fact, this is what commentator Peter Carruthers said about it at the time: "One of the most incredible triple lutzes I've ever seen! That's bigger than Brian Boitano's....that was HUGE!!!

Peace, Love & Laughter! Nadine :)^D

P.S. Here's a little Zeppelin for ya, Joe (btw I hope you don't mind my using your given name?)... :)^)

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3632169/1079944091030_ledzepani.gif

Nadine = Try waking up from your yawn. I did not put down Oksana in that post! I simply stated that she double footed her jumps in the LP and was marked much too high in the Terchnical. I also see her as double footing her jumps in exhibitions. I have niticed that she has now cut down on the triples to avoid the double foot landing which is good as it shows off her great artistry.

Now you have writen statements about Oksana which you should have done in the first place. Nothing wrong with a reply of your opinion to mine. However to accuse anyone of anything you perceive as improper without explanation is an infraction of the rules.

In future, try to practice what you preach in Your signature PEACE by easing up on your snide remarks. Not everyone has your smart alecky sense of humour and the emoticons don't get you off the hook.

By the way, all this could have been settled by PMand not brought out publicly. You might consider setting up a PM but that is not obligatory.

Joesitz

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Re: Re: A message and request for Nadine

Nadine said:
*Wrong*, she did not double foot every jump in the LP........fact; rather an extreme exaggeration/embellishment of the truth........which was that she actually only double-footed one triple jump (i.e. 3F). Btw, she did 5 triples in total (all different) - 3Z/2T (pure & gorgeous), 3F (badly two-footed), 3R (equally gorgeous), 2A (ditto), 3S (very nice), 2T, 3T, 2A/2T. Please refer to a tape of this program for confirmation of what I say.

I've looked at the tape. First, Bauil did not perform a 3Z/2T. Her opening jump was a 3Z, well done, considering how close she was to the boards and didn't have the room or the landing position to add the 2T for a combination. Second, she also double-footed the 3T by landing on both of her toe-picks. You may need slo-mo to see this.

She didn't double foot the final 2A, although her landing was atilt and her free leg was close to the ice (unlike her beautiful first 2A), and she badly underrotated the 2T she tacked on to get credit for a combination, the only one of her program. Not to mention her approaches to the toes: fast back crossovers around the short end of the rink, then taking the diagonal heading forwards, leaning from the waist and moving her arms doing simple left-right warm-up steps to generate speed into the jumps.

Oh yeah, one more thing, as regards Oksana continuing to double foot every single jump today......no, 'fraid your wrong pardner (;^D.......just take a look at 2000 Goodwill Games, where Oksana was cut (meaning in phenomenal shape), and landed a GORGEOUS/PURE/MONSTER triple lutz (no lie)! In fact, this is what commentator Peter Carruthers said about it at the time: "One of the most incredible triple lutzes I've ever seen! That's bigger than Brian Boitano's....that was HUGE!!!
How does one jump in 2000 address what she's doing today? In Stars on Ice this year she attempted 3T, 2T, and 2A, and double-footed four of six in both performances I saw. She's not attempting Loops or Salchows, edge jumps that she performed beautifully when she was 16. The reviews of her performances in the ice shows in which she performed in Seattle, which I couldn't see, said the same, as have other posters who saw both shows.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oh calm down, guys! Joesitz, it seems you were being playful and a bit sarcastic in your post concerning all of the double footings and cuteness....there certainly isn't anything wrong with Nadine adopting the same tone or style. Personally, I thought 5.8-5.9 for technical merit was far too high for Baiul's Lillehammer performance as well. I think 5.6 was the appropriate mark. For presentation...a 5.9 for "cuteness", LOL!

windspirit

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
However to accuse anyone of anything you perceive as improper without explanation is an infraction of the rules.
Now, now, Joe. Look at the bright side. Nadine could be a moderator, and accuse of anything, and then close the thread to prevent a discussion. But I guess if she was a moderator, then it would be all right. You have done it, remember? That kind of moderation (that's above any criticism, too) was the reason I don't post here anymore. Don't worry, I'm not going to start now. That post was just too good to miss it. Hey, I didn't comment when you made it personal with another poster (yes, Joe, it's usually you, who makes it personal) and called him/her a "Russian dissident" (or something like that), thinking they were me. Believe it or not, I'm not the only person with a good bs-o-meter. Just for the record: this is the only nick I post under on skating boards. I don't have to assume a new identity, or hide behind a moderator status, to deal with anything.

In future, try to practice what you preach in Your signature PEACE by easing up on your snide remarks.
Well, you have a "Forum Diplomat" under your nick.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Nadine = Try waking up from your yawn. I did not put down Oksana in that post! I simply stated that she double footed her jumps in the LP and was marked much too high in the Terchnical. I also see her as double footing her jumps in exhibitions. I have niticed that she has now cut down on the triples to avoid the double foot landing which is good as it shows off her great artistry.

Now you have writen statements about Oksana which you should have done in the first place. Nothing wrong with a reply of your opinion to mine. However to accuse anyone of anything you perceive as improper without explanation is an infraction of the rules.

In future, try to practice what you preach in Your signature PEACE by easing up on your snide remarks. Not everyone has your smart alecky sense of humour and the emoticons don't get you off the hook.

By the way, all this could have been settled by PMand not brought out publicly. You might consider setting up a PM but that is not obligatory.

Joesitz

Yikes! :eek: (where the heck did that come from :confused: )

First off, before I begin, I would like to state to hockeyfan228, BronzeisGolden, & windspirit that this is between myself & Joesitz (per the title of this thread). And I would sincerely appreciate it if you would all respect that ~ Thank You (no lie). :)

Joesitz, where to begin......hmmm.....that is the question (a little Shakespeare, if you please). :)^)

Here goes:

(1) if you can't already tell, I have a rather *wry* sense of humour, and really don't take skating that seriously - sometimes, yes - but for the most part, no. Though I've had my moments (lol). :)^D Thus, if I've offended you with my previous post, know that it was not my intention (no lie). Was feeling good & laughing at your bringing up something that occurred over two mos. ago. Thus, my opening line (aka *yawn* w/the sleepy emoticon, etc.).

(2) I absolutely adore & love emoticons (no lie).....still recall my first post ever over on the old FSW in 1999.....had just acquired a computer that April & joined FSW almost immediately (first & foremost joined the old Oksana Baiul site). And wouldn't you know it, my constant use of the one emoticon that they had for use over there at the time (i.e. happy face) got me in trouble. Someone complained that I was nuts/crazy/et al b/c of my use of that one particular emoticon. Thankfully, it all blew over after a few days. It's all about tolerance & acceptance of those that are different (just as in real life).

(3) I don't use PMs b/c of personal reasons, as I stated a while back on The Edge.......my motto is if you (speaking in general here) have something to say to me, then say it out in the open directly to my face (or computer face as the case may be; lol :D ).......thanks for your consideration & understanding on this matter (much appreciated; no lie).

(4) if I broke some rule or infraction, et al, I apologize. And cite ignorance on my part, because it is true.

(5) I agree to disagree about the subject of this thread. However, in future, I would appreciate it if you would directly quote your posts from another thread (btw I wish I could, but as I've stated numerous time, I don't know how to; no lie; but I know you do).

Peace & Love, Nadine :love:

"'You don't like me, Mammy.' - Rhett." "'Harumph' - Mammy." "'Now don't you argue with me, you don't, you really don't.' - Rhett." "'Harumph, harumph' - Mammy." "'Hahahaha' - Rhett." (;^D

Last edited:
Nadine - If you had a PM set up we would not have to make this public to others who unfortunately have a right to comment on it.

Now, You have not broken any rule. Your sense of humour is fine. Your use of emoticons are in line with the forum. Your views on Oksana are well taken. HOwever, Oksana is not the problem although there is plenty in my post that you could refute and have the right to do that.

What you did to me personally, was accuse me of contradicting myself. That can not be taken as humorous amd the surrounding emoticons did not take the edge off on that statement for me.

The problem is the accusation that I contradicted myself. OK, if I did I have a right to know how I did that. That is all I am enquiring about.
Below is a copy of the exchange of posts:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Joesitz

he did give the nod to Baiul based on her cuteness and that's ok. It is a subjective sport and if little girls turn him on so be it. She double fotted every jump in that LP and continues to do the same today. This is not a put down of Oksana. It is fact. When will she land a perfect jump? I like her very much and I would love to see the perfect jump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe/Joesitz

Neener, neener, neener (lol) .........your aforementioned post is a contradiction...........first you say one thing, then you say something else. But I like you, even if you make me mad sometimes, so I don't really mind too much Richard .

Peace & Love (of course), Nadine

P.S. Don't mind me, I'm in a silly mood tonight. :)^DDDD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate you reply to the 'contradiction' question and not my views on Oksana. We both would like to clear this up between ourselves but there is no PM.

Cheers - Joe