2014 Warsaw Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Warsaw Cup

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Has anyone noticed that Camilla Gjersem will be competing in her 4th Challenger Series event?
From ISU Communication No.1858: "There is a limitation for the Skaters/Couples to three (3) participations in the events of the ISU Challenger Series." This means she can only compete in no more than three CS events, right?
Maybe I missed some latest info, but right now I'm puzzled seeing a skater allowed to enter a 4th CS event. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Mishin has said that practice on the road has better condition than at home, so he is taking his group across Europe like a gypsy camp. It's just a way to do things. I don't see it as good or bad, except probably Mishin should try to get better condition for his skaters in St. Petersburg.

He's doing exactly that. He is opening a school with Tamara Moskvina in a few weeks there.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He does have a chance to podium here right. Eek, hope i do not jinx it. :hopelessness:

I think his main competition will be Petrov and Samarin, but I hope he can at least get silver. Samarin competed in Russia today so I wonder if he will even be there (he's still on the list, but it seems crazy to go from Kazan to Warsaw and compete again the next morning).

mis751

Rinkside
small raport from practice (sorry I dont speak english)
Marchei/ Hotarek - they are looking realy good together, like they were skating together longer then 6 months. Nice throws jumps, good lifts, sbs 3 lz; they need to work on twist.

Iliushechkina/ Moscovitch - work in progress, throws ok - all clean landings; good lifts; Lubov is not landing sbs jumps - they tried few 3S and 3T + 2T SEQ (they tried also 3T + 3T SEQ)

krispy

Rinkside
Marchei/ Hotarek - they are looking realy good together, like they were skating together longer then 6 months. Nice throws jumps, good lifts, sbs 3 lz; they need to work on twist.

Iliushechkina/ Moscovitch - work in progress, throws ok - all clean landings; good lifts; Lubov is not landing sbs jumps - they tried few 3S and 3T + 2T SEQ (they tried also 3T + 3T SEQ)

Do you have any of the marks or rankings? Thanks

adelia

Record Breaker
I will be disappointed if Petrov doesn't win this by a double-digit margin. Same goes for Liza.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Marchei and Hotarek will be pushing Duhamel and Radford I guess for jumps. Interesting because Marchei's triple lutz has not always been there for her as a singles skater.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm I've been watching the livestream for the past 10 minutes. The warm-up for Group 1 of the Short Dance was supposed to start on the hour, but there is no sign of anybody coming out onto the ice yet.

At 5 past, the live pictures of the rink were replaced by a picture of the promotional poster for the event.

So, does anybody know when it is going to start?

CaroLiza_fan

adelia

Record Breaker
Erm I've been watching the livestream for the past 10 minutes. The warm-up for Group 1 of the Short Dance was supposed to start on the hour, but there is no sign of anybody coming out onto the ice yet.

At 5 past, the live pictures of the rink were replaced by a picture of the promotional poster for the event.

So, does anybody know when it is going to start?

CaroLiza_fan
http://www.pfsa.com.pl/wc14/WC2014_TimePracticeSchedule_191114.pdf says 12pm local time, which is about 45mins from now.

Edit:
Samarin has probably pulled out, he is not in the starting order for the SP.
http://www.pfsa.com.pl/warsawcup2014/SEG003.HTM

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
http://www.pfsa.com.pl/wc14/WC2014_TimePracticeSchedule_191114.pdf says 12pm local time, which is about 45mins from now.

Yes, according to the Short Dance Time Schedule, it is due to start at 12pm local time.

But doesn't Poland use Eastern European Time, which is GMT+2? So, 12pm Polish time is 10am my time (GMT).

And the schedule on the stream gives the start time as 10:00 GMT.

So, they must have had a last minute change of start time.

Might there have been a few late withdrawals this morning, and the organisers decided they would rather have the competition finish at the planned time than start at the planned time?

EDIT: There are highlights of something on the stream now (10:25 GMT), so it looks like they might start soon.

EDIT 2: The stream's just gone off-air again (10:27 GMT).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Edit:
Samarin has probably pulled out, he is not in the starting order for the SP.
http://www.pfsa.com.pl/warsawcup2014/SEG003.HTM

Just looked up the time converter Mrs. P posted for the GP Predictions Game.

Turns out Poland doesn't use Eastern European Time. It uses Central European Time (GMT+1).

So, whoever put the schedule up on the stream must have got it wrong when converting the times.

Sorry for doubting you, Adelia

CaroLiza_fan

adelia

Record Breaker
Just looked up the time converter Mrs. P posted for the GP Predictions Game.

Turns out Poland doesn't use Eastern European Time. It uses Central European Time (GMT+1).

So, whoever put the schedule up on the stream must have got it wrong when converting the times.

Sorry for doubting you, Adelia

CaroLiza_fan
No problem, I usually just google "X time" when I want the local time (X= Warsaw in this instance) because I can never remember things like CET etc. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unforunately, I missed the first half of the first routine. (I was on Facebook in another window and had lost track of time!) I was a bit annoyed with myself because, until the 4 couples in the final group come on, they are the only ones I had heard tell of before!

It's a bit disappointing the small size of the picture on the stream. And there's also the nuisance of having to remember to open the stream in a 2nd window in between routines to avoid having ads interrupting your viewing in the middle of a routine. But, it's better than nothing. ;)

That said, seeing how successful this Challenger Series is becoming, I hope the ISU will consider streaming the competitions on their YouTube channel next season.

No problem, I usually just google "X time" when I want the local time (X= Warsaw in this instance) because I can never remember things like CET etc. :)

Argh! I just realised something. Now that I know that Poland is in the same time zone as France, it means there is going to be a overlap between the Warsaw Cup and the TEB.

The final group of the Men's SP, as well as the sole group of the Pair's SP, will be on at the same time as the TEB Pair's SP!

Mmmm. I think the best course of action would be to keep watching the Warsaw Cup LIVE. And for the TEB, watch it using tonight using a combination of the British Eurosport highlights on the TV tonight, and YouTube videos.

It's going to be a busy weekend, between 2 skating competitions, a snooker tournament and the Formula 1 finale!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warm up for Group 1 of the Men's SP has just finished.

We are getting the audio through, but no picture!

Typical!

EDIT: The stream went off-air just after Andrei VOROTNIKOV started, and came back 10 seconds later with a picture. So, well done for fixing it!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How big a cliché is that?!

A German who, going by his name (Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS), is clearly of Greek ancestry skating to...

"Zorba The Greek"!!! :rolleye:

Mind you, he didn't do too badly at it! (He went into 2nd out of 4)

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How big a cliché is that?!

A German who, going by his name (Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS), is clearly of Greek ancestry skating to...

"Zorba The Greek"!!! :rolleye:

Mind you, he didn't do too badly at it! (He went into 2nd out of 4)

CaroLiza_fan

I thought the same thing. Well, Tomas Verner skated to it too. Hopefully he chose it himself and he wasn't persuaded into it.

Not a great quality stream, but I love the popout window.