2014 Golden Spin of Zagreb | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Golden Spin of Zagreb

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
G&F were not impressive in their earlier showings. I am thinking a tolerant tech panel is involved. It is troubling that there are no videos of the event and no official scores and protocols that are readily available.

MystiqueDragon

Rinkside
Men's SP Start Order:

1st Group
1. Michal BREZINA
2. Michael Christian MARTINEZ
3. Pavel IGNATENKO
4. Charlie PARRY-EVANS
5. Ali DEMIRBOGA

2nd Group
6. Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS
7. Grant HOCHSTEIN
8. Christopher BERNECK
9. Sondre ODDVOLL BOE
10. Ivan RIGHINI

3rd Group
11. Alexander SAMARIN
12. Konstantin MENSHOV
13. Tomi PULKKINEN
14. Tomas KUPKA
15. Alexander BJELDE
16. Phillip HARRIS

4th Group
17. Vladislav TARASENKO
18. Carlo Vittorio PALERMO
19. Moris KVITELASHVILI
20. Dmitri ALIEV
21. Denis TEN
22. Mario-Rafael IONIAN

luvsasha

Final Flight
Men's SP Start Order:

1st Group
1. Michal BREZINA
2. Michael Christian MARTINEZ
3. Pavel IGNATENKO
4. Charlie PARRY-EVANS
5. Ali DEMIRBOGA

2nd Group
6. Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS
7. Grant HOCHSTEIN
8. Christopher BERNECK
9. Sondre ODDVOLL BOE
10. Ivan RIGHINI

3rd Group
11. Alexander SAMARIN
12. Konstantin MENSHOV
13. Tomi PULKKINEN
14. Tomas KUPKA
15. Alexander BJELDE
16. Phillip HARRIS

4th Group
17. Vladislav TARASENKO
18. Carlo Vittorio PALERMO
19. Moris KVITELASHVILI
20. Dmitri ALIEV
21. Denis TEN
22. Mario-Rafael IONIAN

GO Michal and Denis!! :cheer:

As an aside, I can't tell you how bummed I am that we can't watch any of this :cry:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

As an aside, I can't tell you how bummed I am that we can't watch any of this :cry:

It's driving me crazy! I really want to see Michal, Kostya, MCM, and Dmitri (is this his first senior competition?).

MystiqueDragon

Rinkside

We all feel the same. I don't even know if it's worth it to stay up this late (it's almost 3AM here) in hopes for an update for the scores and results from the unofficial twitter for at least the Men's SP (I need to know MCM's standing). :cry:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
We can't watch the live stream we can't see the results updated in real time.
We are in the Internet era.
The facebook page of the event not updated to the 2014 competition. A local student can do it for peanuts.
Terrible homepage of the event.

So bad so sad.
What's wrong with Zagreb?
Anti-climax for the popularization of ice skating and totally no care for the fans that can not make it to Croatia.
Is this really the oldest world ice skating competition (as it is promoted)?
Time to discontinue this competition :(

luvsasha

Final Flight
It's driving me crazy! I really want to see Michal, Kostya, MCM, and Dmitri (is this his first senior competition?).

We all feel the same. I don't even know if it's worth it to stay up this late (it's almost 3AM here) in hopes for an update for the scores and results from the unofficial twitter for at least the Men's SP (I need to know MCM's standing). :cry:

Ugh, it's awful. It reminds me of the bad ol' days before live streaming where I'd sit in front of the computer, waiting for the scores to come up.

Sylvia (is that the right name?) just tweeted this: MARTINZE PHI 74.45, 2nd atm #GoldenSpin2014, so I'm hoping that means Michal skated well.

Mentalopes

Rinkside
The facebook page of the event not updated to the 2014 competition. A local student can do it for peanuts.

So bad so sad.
Anti-climax for the popularization of ice skating and totally no care for the fans that can not make it to Croatia.

I agree with everything you said. That was accurate.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Supposedly, some scores will be posted after the day's competition is over on the event page.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice

So bad so sad.

ITA. I sent a short e-mail to the competition organizers and ask them to update the results page. I think ISU should have some kind of minimum demands what the skating unions should show in internet during international competitions. At least starting orders and result page, preferably online results or at least updated after the competition.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
@GoldenSpin:

MENSHOV RUS
4t-3toe, 3flip, 3axel, he is one of my favorite spinners of the competition.
82.33 in 1st place atm #GoldenSpin2014

:cheer: Go Kostya!!!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Ugh, it's awful. It reminds me of the bad ol' days before live streaming where I'd sit in front of the computer, waiting for the scores to come up.

Sylvia (is that the right name?) just tweeted this: MARTINZE PHI 74.45, 2nd atm #GoldenSpin2014, so I'm hoping that means Michal skated well.

Oh thank you for that news on Michael!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.croskate.hr/GS47/html/SEG007.HTM <--- Ice Dance scores

I'd argue the caller was really nice! 35.88 TES?! That's higher than Chock & Bates TES from Skate America! (who previously had the highest TES, ha!) :laugh:

Their SB TES previously didn't even break 30 (28.55 from Skate America this season) and now they have top-tier TES? :laugh:

Hubbell and Donahue's previous PB TES in the Short Dance was from way back at Worlds 2012: 32.64.

Really, this is not beneficial for the skaters at all.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.croskate.hr/GS47/html/SEG007.HTM <--- Ice Dance scores

I'd argue the caller was really nice! 35.88 TES?! That's higher than Chock & Bates TES from Skate America! (who previously had the highest TES, ha!) :laugh:

Their SB TES previously didn't even break 30 (28.55 from Skate America this season) and now they have top-tier TES? :laugh:

Hubbell and Donahue's previous PB TES in the Short Dance was from way back at Worlds 2012: 32.64.

Really, this is not beneficial for the skaters at all.

No video (unless there is a kind fan with a camera) and no protocols as yet.

luvsasha

Final Flight
From Golden Spin:

TEN KAZ
4toe clean, 3axel - amazing, 3lutz-3toe, he came back for his title ☺ AMazing performance. Poetry! 92.51 - 1st!

Yay Denis!!!!