Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Russian Qualifiers and other important competitions

parsifal

Rinkside
Vera Michajlova (02/02/2002) is coached by Sergey Davydov in Moscow in a group with Ekaterina Mitrofanova (05/05/2002), who recently switched from Anna Carëva, Pogo's coach; Stanislava Konstantinova (14/07/2000) trains with Michajl Koljada in St. Petersburg in Valentina Čebotarëva's group; Aleksandrina Degtjarëva (14/12/2001) with Kirill Davydenko in St. Petersburg together with Alisa Fedičkina (14/02/2002); Viktorija Vasil'eva (25/11/2003!) is nowadays the only pupil of Marina Kudrjavceva in Moscow, ex-coach of Julija Soldatova, Elena Sokolova, Viktorija Volčkova-Bucaeva; Anastasija Gubanova (02/12/2002) is coached by the great Aleksej Urmanov in St. Petersburg.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Vera Michajlova (02/02/2002) is coached by Sergey Davydov in Moscow in a group with Ekaterina Mitrofanova (05/05/2002), who recently switched from Anna Carëva, Pogo's coach; Stanislava Konstantinova (14/07/2000) trains with Michajl Koljada in St. Petersburg in Valentina Čebotarëva's group; Aleksandrina Degtjarëva (14/12/2001) with Kirill Davydenko in St. Petersburg together with Alisa Fedičkina (14/02/2002); Viktorija Vasil'eva (25/11/2003!) is nowadays the only pupil of Marina Kudrjavceva in Moscow, ex-coach of Julija Soldatova, Elena Sokolova, Viktorija Volčkova-Bucaeva; Anastasija Gubanova (02/12/2002) is coached by the great Aleksej Urmanov in St. Petersburg.

Thank you parsifal for the information!

Country
Russia
204+, 205+, really? Ok, I really don't understand the scoring.

"National inflation" of course.
Scores of national-level competitions are often higher than International.

Wakaba Higuchi has ISU Personal Best 176.14, at JrNats she earned 187.95.
Serafima Sakhanovich has ISU Personal Best 191.96, at this Event she has 205.13.
Difference between International and National result in both cases is about the same.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"National inflation" of course.
Scores of national-level competitions are often higher than International.

Wakaba Higuchi has ISU Personal Best 176.14, at JrNats she earned 187.95.
Serafima Sakhanovich has ISU Personal Best 191.96, at this Event she has 205.13.
Difference between International and National result in both cases is about the same.

I liked it when the lady presenting flowers went to kiss Serafima and instead Serafima kissed her :laugh:

Sima's podiums this year have been so funny. Her and Yuka where so priceless with the handshake vs hug confusion in Ljubljana :love:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I admire all 4 ladies a lot. Each has different qualities and make you watch without getting bored. It will be difficult for me at Russian Nationals in the next years.

MalAssada

Medalist
So Proklova will compete in the next Qualifier... Please tell me she is the only one of the top 4! As much as I admire a good competition in small events, I also want to see the baby wonders skating against senior wonders.

Country
Russia
So Proklova will compete in the next Qualifier... Please tell me she is the only one of the top 4! As much as I admire a good competition in small events, I also want to see the baby wonders skating against senior wonders.
Proklova is now (after her one Event) 8th an result of Russian Cup Events of skaters who have not bye to Nationals.
The only strong skaters who have one Russian Cup Event and can be at 5th Russian Cup Event are Sotskova and Tuktamysheva.
Both have JGP-GP Final a week after 5th Russian Cup Event, so they hardly will compete.

Probably Proklova will have high place at 5th Event (most probably first) and will qualify to Nationals without any problem.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Proklova is now (after her one Event) 8th an result of Russian Cup Events of skaters who have not bye to Nationals.
The only strong skaters who have one Russian Cup Event and can be at 5th Russian Cup Event are Sotskova and Tuktamysheva.
Both have JGP-GP Final a week after 5th Russian Cup Event, so they hardly will compete.

Probably Proklova will have high place at 5th Event (most probably first) and will qualify to Nationals without any problem.
Do you know if Ogoreltseva qualified for Nationals?

hanca

Record Breaker

I don't think that's correct. As far as I know, Lipnitskaya, Radionova or Pogorilaya could also skate at the last Russian cup. They don't have to, they qualified to nationals through doing GP events, but I don't think there is anything that would prevent them to skate in Russian Cup. (Tuktamysheva also did not have to do Russian Cup and chose to do so, so why couldn't Radionova, Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaya do that?

If they do, Proklova could find herself being 4th and I am not sure if two fourth places would be high enough to qualify for their nationals.

Country
Russia
Do you know if Ogoreltseva qualified for Nationals?
Now she is 3rd on results of Russian Cup Events. Only three Ladies with one Event have real chance to be above her after all five Events, if skate good at 5th Event. I.e. she will be 6th or above (for 8 spots).
Most probably - yes, Ogoreltseva is qualified.

Country
Russia
I don't think that's correct. As far as I know, Lipnitskaya, Radionova or Pogorilaya could also skate at the last Russian cup.
They don't need it - they qualified to Nationals because of their Grand Prix results.
And they hardly want it a week before Grand Prix Final.

If they do, Proklova could find herself being 4th and I am not sure if two fourth places would be high enough to qualify for their nationals.
24 points (4th place means 12 points) are enough for sure.
Now only one Lady has more than 24 points - Alsu Kaiumova 26 points. Two Ladies (Pervushkina and Ogoreltseva) have 22 points.

Many high places at Russian Cup Events were occupied by GP Participants and JGP Finalists, who compete at these competitions for practice (they have Bye to Nationals).
So points of Ladies, who qualify to Nationals by Russian cup Events, may be not so high.

Last edited:

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Now she is 3rd on results of Russian Cup Events. Only three Ladies with one Event have real chance to be above her after all five Events, if skate good at 5th Event. I.e. she will be 6th or above (for 8 spots).
Most probably - yes, Ogoreltseva is qualified.
Great thanks!!

Country
Russia
5th Event of Russian Cup - 02-06 Dec 2014, Moscow.

Homepage http://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/517-kubok-rossii-rostelekom-2014-2015-gg-5-j-etap.html
Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1415/5etap_shedule_comp.pdf
Entrties/Results http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/5etap/index.htm

Time schedule of competitions. Time Moscow.

02 Dec.
17:30-20:00 - Junior Dance SD
20:15-20:45 - Senior Dance SD

03 Dec.
14:00-16:45 - Junior Men SP
17:00-18:15 - Senior Men SP
18:30-18:55 - Senior Dance FD
18:55-21:45 - Junior Dance FD

04 Dec
14:00-17:15 - Junior Men FS
17:30-18:45 - Senior Men FS
19:00-21:15 - Junior Pairs SP