R.I.P. Ziggy | Golden Skate

R.I.P. Ziggy

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know how many of you know, but Ziggy was a very well-known, regular poster here.

Sadly, Ziggy has left us and gone to watch the skating at the big rink in the sky.

From his facebook:

Z przykrością informuję, że mój brat Tomek, właściciel tego konta, nie żyje.
Pogrzeb odbędzie się we czwartek, 21 sierpnia, o godzinie 15 na Cmentarzu Grabiszyńskim we Wrocławiu.
Uroczystość rozpocznie się od mszy w kaplicy cmentarnej. Przepraszam za nietypową formę
tego ogłoszenia, ale mieliśmy kłopot z uzyskaniem kontaktów do wielu znajomych Tomka. Facebook może
pomóc z dotarciem do możliwie najszerszego grona. Michał Zygmunt / I'm sorry to inform you that my brother Tomek,
the owner of this account, has passed away. The funeral will be held on Thursday, 21st August, 3pm, on
Grabiszyński Cemetery in Wrocław. The ceremony will begin with a memorial service in the cemetary chapel.
I apologize for the way I announce this, but we had trouble contacting many of Tomek's friends.
Facebook may help to inform as many people, as possible. Michał Zygmunt

Goodbye, Ziggy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
That's heartbreaking news.
Ziggy was such a knowleadgeable, strongly opinionated poster. Whether I agreed with him or not, I always read his posts with pleasure and interest.
He will be missed, even by people like me, who knew him only by his posts.

All my thoughts to his family and friends, who lost a dear one so young, and were so kind to inform people through social networks.

May he R.I.P.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh no... that's too sad. I'll miss his posts and the detailed critics he did of skaters at competitions. Liked that he also payed attention to lesser known skaters. Sorry for him and his family/friends.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm in total shock. I didn't post much the first two years I was a member here. Then for Worlds two years ago, I took an active part with the posters who were commenting on each performance. Ziggy was one of them and said to me, you notice interesting things; are you a dancer? Well let me tell you, it was Very Validating, because he obviously knew what he was talking about. LOL! One of my favorite people to read (we had very similar points of view, and how is that a bad thing?). In fact, I found out the news because I went over to the FSB board to see what he thought about the new G/P FD. And as a gay man, it is always a pleasure to find a compadre, particularly one who is not only out, but outspoken. A genuine soul, which is a rare commodity. He will be much missed.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so very sad. In my short time posting at GS I have come to know and respect several posters. Ziggy was one of the first that stood out as someone knowledgable and someone to listen too. A huge loss to GS and a tragic loss for friends and family. My heart is heavy today. :cry: :cry:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I will miss Ziggy and his knowledge of the figure skating world and his very interesting posts. This is really sad. R.I.P.

qwertyskates

Medalist
Ziggy was one of the coolest, most knowledgeable poster here who stayed above the fray. Though he will be sorely missed. Rest well Ziggy!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I loved reading Ziggy's detailed reports. RIP Ziggy, you will be missed.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Ziggy was one of my favourite posters on this forum, we may not have always agreed, but I never doubted his opinions were well thought out and backed up. He clearly loved figure skating and always had a wicked sense of humour. I won't pretend to know him all too well, but he will be missed.... RIP Ziggy.

LauraV

On the Ice
So very sad to hear this.

I don't post here frequently, but I do read the forum as often as I can, and Ziggy's posts were always informative and enjoyable. He seemed a dear man.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so sad to hear this... RIP, Ziggy, and thanks for all your posts and insights! My condolences to his family and friends.

@karne - thanks for starting this thread and informing us of what has happened. Sad as I am to hear the news, it would be sadder not to know. The internet is such an ephemeral thing and it would be sad if someone who has been such a presence here, was just lost between the cracks, so to speak, and we never found out.