R.I.P. Ziggy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

R.I.P. Ziggy

Alba

Record Breaker
I didn't know him but this is a very sad news. Although you don't personally know people on the internet it feels like you know them, when you read them and exchange opinions.

There is a member of FSU with the same nickname. Is that the same person? :no:

Kalina

On the Ice
There is a member of FSU with the same nickname. Is that the same person? :no:

Yes, it's him. He was an active poster both here and on FSU.

Rest in peace, Ziggy, you will be missed. Condolences to his loved ones.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I loved that Ziggy had something to say about every skater, and was interested in both the elite of skating, and in the skaters from small federations, struggling along with little monetary support, and found both good and bad things to say about all.

I loved that Ziggy was so passionate about every discipline, and was so well informed about everything.

I will miss his posts so much!

My condolences to his friends and family. If we who knew him only as a virtual presence are so affected by his death, how much more they will miss him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
R.I.P., Ziggy. Thanks for your contributions to GoldenSkate, and condolences to those near and dear to you.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, it's him. He was an active poster both here and on FSU.

Rest in peace, Ziggy, you will be missed. Condolences to his loved ones.

OMG Noooooo. I actually knew him, then. I can't believe it, I'm really sad. What happened? We just exchanged some comments with each other a week ago.

zamboni step

Final Flight
OMG Noooooo. I actually knew him, then. I can't believe it, I'm really sad. What happened? We just exchanged some comments with each other a week ago.

I know, we were exchanging messages recently enough and his last post was quite recent and there seemed to be no sign of him being close to death (few would knowingly spend some of their last moments on an internet forum) and now he's gone. I agree that it's strange how much this affects me considering I didn't know him personally, but from the messages we exchanged I really liked him....Im going to miss him a lot.

Agree with LRK, thank you Karne for ensuring Ziggy got the recognition he deserves.

Alba

Record Breaker
I know, we were exchanging messages recently enough and his last post was quite recent and there seemed to be no sign of him being close to death (few would knowingly spend some of their last moments on an internet forum) and now he's gone. I agree that it's strange how much this affects me considering I didn't know him personally, but from the messages we exchanged I really liked him....Im going to miss him a lot.

It is, isn't it? I mean it's like a double loss, somehow.
You "know" the person but you don't actually know him/her, and feels like a missing opportunity.
I had a very good friend in an italian forum, but we never meat actually. She died so young and I felt terrible. I was like "I haven't met her yet. It can't be true,". :no:
I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but that's how I felt.

zamboni step

Final Flight
It is, isn't it? I mean it's like a double loss, somehow.
You "know" the person but you don't actually know him/her, and feels like a missing opportunity.
I had a very good friend in an italian forum, but we never meat actually. She died so young and I felt terrible. I was like "I haven't met her yet. It can't be true,". :no:
I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but that's how I felt.

It makes perfect sense. You're missing both what you knew of the person and the opportunity to know them on a deeper/more real level. Knowing someone only by internet is a baffling experience as it is without throwing the loss of death into the mix. Im just grateful I got to know such an interesting, learned and funny person on any level, despite the feelings of loss at having never gotten to know him better.

Alba

Record Breaker
It makes perfect sense. You're missing both what you knew of the person and the opportunity to know them on a deeper/more real level. Knowing someone only by internet is a baffling experience as it is without throwing the loss of death into the mix. Im just grateful I got to know such an interesting, learned and funny person on any level, despite the feelings of loss at having never gotten to know him better.

Couldn't say it any better than this. :thumbsup:
Thank you.

jaylee

Medalist
I'm sorry to hear of Ziggy's death. My condolences to his friends and family. Like many others, I appreciated Ziggy's comments and insights.

Robin26

Rinkside
I am so,so sorry. He was so caring and always seemed to know what to say, and how. My sincere condolences to his family. I will miss him for his guidance.... Thank you @karne for telling us. We can all learn from Ziggy.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
So sad. I recognized his name immediately. although I can't recall any details I know that I read a lot of his posts. that says a lot. he will definitely be missed. R.I.P Ziggy.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
R.I.P. Ziggy. My condolences to his family and friends. I'm sure he will be missed in the fs community. :(

Big Deal

Final Flight
Finally we have learned his own name: Tomek as the announcement said that.
We are mourning because he was one of us.
Rest in peace, dear Tomek.