Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Ziggy

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    It is, isn't it? I mean it's like a double loss, somehow.
    You "know" the person but you don't actually know him/her, and feels like a missing opportunity.
    I had a very good friend in an italian forum, but we never meat actually. She died so young and I felt terrible. I was like "I haven't met her yet. It can't be true,".
    I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but that's how I felt.
    It makes perfect sense. You're missing both what you knew of the person and the opportunity to know them on a deeper/more real level. Knowing someone only by internet is a baffling experience as it is without throwing the loss of death into the mix. Im just grateful I got to know such an interesting, learned and funny person on any level, despite the feelings of loss at having never gotten to know him better.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    It makes perfect sense. You're missing both what you knew of the person and the opportunity to know them on a deeper/more real level. Knowing someone only by internet is a baffling experience as it is without throwing the loss of death into the mix. Im just grateful I got to know such an interesting, learned and funny person on any level, despite the feelings of loss at having never gotten to know him better.
    Couldn't say it any better than this.
    Thank you.

Very sad news, RIP Ziggy

Custom Title
    I'm sorry to hear of Ziggy's death. My condolences to his friends and family. Like many others, I appreciated Ziggy's comments and insights.

On the Ice
    I am so,so sorry. He was so caring and always seemed to know what to say, and how. My sincere condolences to his family. I will miss him for his guidance.... Thank you @karne for telling us. We can all learn from Ziggy.

I hope he all the best up the on the big rink in the sky.

Custom Title
    So sad. I recognized his name immediately. although I can't recall any details I know that I read a lot of his posts. that says a lot. he will definitely be missed. R.I.P Ziggy.

R.I.P. Ziggy. My condolences to his family and friends. I'm sure he will be missed in the fs community. :(

Custom Title
    This is very sad. I always enjoy his post. RIP Ziggy.

Custom Title
    Finally we have learned his own name: Tomek as the announcement said that.
    We are mourning because he was one of us.
    Rest in peace, dear Tomek.

Medalist
    I am so proud that Tomasz was my countryman. I used to talk to him on polish figure skating forum. He was very passionate and helpful person. I never met him in real life despite the fact that we were from the same city. I stil can't believe it. I have never met someone like him. His figure skating knowledge was amazing. I admired it. He had great impact on so many fans. Noone can replace him.

Custom Title
    I've checked his page. He last made a comment on 13th of August.
    It is almost unreal to accept that his funeral has been held 8 days later. Besides the fact that death is very real it is always seems to be unacceptable creating the feeling that it is unreal.
    Anybody knows what happened to him without being indiscret?
    I was thinking of him whole day long....
    We had been registered in this forum almost at the same day more than 10 years ago.....

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    On FSU, a friend of his joined, and said it was an accident, but gave no details.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I know he was always strict in his analysis of skaters' tech scores, but he tried to be fair. That's all I know about him. I wish I knew more. May he find eternal peace and contentment on the other side of this fleeting life.

I can't believe this. Though I've been on the forums on and off, I've read this posts for at least 12 years. We PMed a couple of times way back on FSU. RIP, Ziggy. Let us know what you and John Curry have to say about bad postures under COP up in heaven!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast