Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Ziggy

This is a massive loss to this forum.
    I loved his posts but I hope he will be remembered for a lot more than that.
    Always remember to tell the people you care about that you love them because life can come and go so fast.
    He will be missed dearly by all of us.

Custom Title
    I just saw this after taking a long break from skate watching.

Thank you, Ziggy, for making skating forums more knowledgeable and enjoyable.

RIP

Custom Title
    May you rest in peace, and all the beauty and thrill of figure skating with you.

RIP Ziggy.
    I've been enjoying your post even before joining Golden Skate forum.

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    This is really sad =(
    He was so funny to read during live commentary, I remember in particular last Euros. Sometimes you don't need to know people in real life to appreciate them, and he was this kind of person. All my thoughts to his family

Ziggy was an asset to this forum for 10 years and will indeed be greatly missed. I thoroughly enjoyed the skating reports he posted, and was very grateful for the time he took. It was very painful to hear the news and I hope that his family and friends are finding the strength and courage to deal with this tragedy.

I reread some of his comments. Although I didn't know him, he was a civilized chap and I appreciate that. RIP.

Custom Title
    RIP Ziggy.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I was checking the list of entries for Ljubljana thread today and saw a few posts on page 1 from Ziggy. He was encouraging and celebrating some of the lesser known skaters. Just too much

Custom Title
    We might have known only a little part of Ziggy as a person but just his contributions on skating forums alone had brought much to many people's lives. Gone too soon, for us, from this phase of his soul's journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I was checking the list of entries for Ljubljana thread today and saw a few posts on page 1 from Ziggy. He was encouraging and celebrating some of the lesser known skaters. Just too much
    Yes, it' makes me too sad when I see his posts, like they are actually from this month, not long ago at all.

He is posting in the two next Junior Grand Prix threads as well. For example he wrote this:

It's good to see two new men and one new lady from Kazakhstan. I wonder whether between Denis Ten's popularity and Almaty being a serious contender for the Olympic Winter Games, figure skating is experiencing a boom over there.

Three men from Malaysia listed as well. Great to see skating being developed there.

Two new Uzbekistani ladies also.
    You could tell he was excited for the new season to start...

Custom Title
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Custom Title
    I've read some of his posts. He knew a lot and was very respectful.
    Such sad news, things happen so fast. RIP.

Custom Title
    Ziggy, we'll miss you. :(

As a tribute, may I suggest / recommend that we post clips of some of his favorite performances and skaters here?

We may not all agree on who should / would / could have won titles and gotten certain scores, but we were all united by our mutual love of a sport that is becoming increasingly obscure. Let's celeb

Custom Title
    He was really knowledgeable person and I always read his posts with interest. I'm sure he will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Ziggy, we'll miss you. :(

As a tribute, may I suggest / recommend that we post clips of some of his favorite performances and skaters here?

We may not all agree on who should / would / could have won titles and gotten certain scores, but we were all united by our mutual love of a sport that is becoming increasingly obscure. Let's celeb

Maybe not his favorite performance , but I think this should be posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ09GuN1TLc

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast