Chartrand readies for Grand Prix debut | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chartrand readies for Grand Prix debut

RobinA

On the Ice
Not this year, I believe after Skate Canada she said she's not bringing it to competition, she's tried at regional competitions in Canada apparently but they were underrorated

Yes, I could have seen her in second. Pogo was not impressive.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not this year, I believe after Skate Canada she said she's not bringing it to competition, she's tried at regional competitions in Canada apparently but they were underrorated

I hope she keeps working on them and hopefully next year she can do them.

It'll be exciting if she can learn to do one fully rotated because very few women have landed it.

noskates

Record Breaker
I was very impressed with her short program but I think the "yips" got to her in her LP. I like her SOOOOO much better than Osmond, however. I think things are looking up for Canadian ladies!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I was very impressed with her short program but I think the "yips" got to her in her LP. I like her SOOOOO much better than Osmond, however. I think things are looking up for Canadian ladies!

This was to be expected. 1st over the Worlds 4th place (and a GP winner already this season) after the SP was new territory for her. Chartrand and Hongo handled the unexpected high position pretty admirably. It was obvious she would go down in the standings, but she did enough to stay on the podium which was the goal.