L&T out of the GP? | Golden Skate

L&T out of the GP?

N

nymkfan51

L&T out of the GP?

I read on another board that L&T are no longer listed on the GP roster. Does anyone know anything about them withdrawing?
I sure hope not ... I was looking forward to seeing them at SA.

N

nymkfan51

Re: L&T out of the GP?

I'm sorry Spree ...

Lang & Tchernyshev
Grand Prix
Skate America

D

Dee4707

Do you think he has anything to do with Naomi's surgery? I hope they do compete, I really like them.

Dee

N

nymkfan51

Dee, that is what people seem to be speculating about ... but no official word from anyone yet.
It's so disappointing to me if it's true ... I was really hoping for this season to be a new start for them. They went through so much with Naomi's injury. It's a shame ... they are a beautiful pair.

D

Dee4707

They are on tour with COI and that should be getting over fairly soon. If she has the surgery with possibly a 6 week recovery, then in some ways I don't see how they could be ready to compete. What do you think?

Dee

R

rachelstarlet

Oh, I do hope they are in the GP this year. I never really appreciated them (or ice dancing in general) until I saw them at COI a few weeks ago - they were just so breathtaking, especially live. I hope it all works out okay.

N

nymkfan51

Dee ... actually COI was over June 1st, so it's possible that she could have already had surgery ... if this is what this is all about. With the 6-8 week recovery, then learning new programs ... it would be doubtful that they could be ready for SA. People are also speculating that they are going pro, or they have split up. I guess we won't know anything for sure until they make some sort of announcement.

D

Dee4707

NYMKFan, I hope they don't turn pro right now. I think that would be a big mistake for them. If they are splitting up, I guess that's another story though. Can't wait to hear the news on that. Without Bourne & Kratz, Lobecheva & Averbugh, they might have a somewhat good chance to medal. Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see (but I don't want to; I want to know right now).:lol: :lol:

Dee

N

nymkfan51

Dee, I know what you mean about not wanting to wait. :lol:
I thought this could be a very opportune year for them. We'll just have to hope for the best.

L

Lcp88

No! I really hope they aren't out; they've missed the Grand Prix circut the past two seasons, and since a lot of teams retired, they really do have a great chance at medaling. Between them, Galler-Rabinowitz and Mitchell, Belbin and Agusto and Gregory and Petchokov (sp), we have a really strong team in dance. Within a few years all four of them will be World and Olympic medal contenders.
Laura

R

rachelstarlet

On the USFSA website (www.usfsa.org), L&T are still listed for Grand Prix events... where is it that they're not on the roster anymore? This website was updated yesterday I think so maybe there's still hope.

S

skatingfan5

USFSA site is not always timely

I'm afraid that the USFSA site is often one of the last places to look for the most up-to-date information. The ISU page listing all the GP ice dancing assignments is where L&T have disappeared from:
www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/p...ile,00.pdf
Also DeLobel & Schoenfelder are now listed as seeded skaters (they finished behind L&T at Worlds). The ISU page was updated as of yesterday (June 11), so it likely is correct as of now. Their not competing in the GP series was bad enough news, talk of their "going pro" was even more alarming, but the rumors that they have split as a team are the most depressing of all. Guess we'll have to wait and see for an official announcement. :(

L

Lcp88

Re: USFSA site is not always timely

Wow, this really is depressing. I mean, I can sort of understand why they might not do the GP series, but going pro/spliting up?!?!?! Has anyone heard anything official? Do they have a message board?
A very worried Laura

L

Linny

Hi, all. Haven't been keeping up too well... hope you missed me. Regarding the future for Naomi and Peter: didn't they mention about a million times at Worlds that Peter was the oldest competitor? At what age do dance skaters typically loose their edge (pun intended)?
Linny

S

Smiley0884

It seems like Peter wants to continue but Naomi doesn't, so I don't think Peter's age is a big factor here.

P

Ptichka

I have always liked this pair, but would not be surprised if they went pro (though would really be upset if they split). I think they have gone as high as they can in eligible skating. It is just a matter of time before B&A overtake them (they kind of did this season -- except for Nationals). If L&T go pro now, they do so as many-time undefeated US champs; I think they can have a good career in the pros -- they have the audience appeal that is a must in pros.

M

mathman444

Linny, of course we missed you. How have you been?

I just finished reading EllynK's book, Culture on Ice. In connection with research for this book she solicited comments about various aspects of figure skating from a wide range of fans. One respondent was quoted several times and said that she/he showed horses and compared the artistic and athletic aspects of equestrian performances to those of figure skating. Was that you?

Mathman

S

someonein2003

L/T

The USFSA updated their assignment page yesterday or so it says and they still have L/T listed in the GP

T

The Queen of Hughs

Re: L/T

This might sound kinda crazy but I had to do something, if you feel as I do and do not want them to break up please sign this, or just to show your support...

<a href="http://dance.impossible-dreamer.net/" target="top">dance.impossible-dreamer.net/</a> I have an e-mail that is most likely Naomi's mothers so I figure it's worth a try. Please sign it! :)