Hanyu: 'My policy is to complete what I set out to do' | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Hanyu: 'My policy is to complete what I set out to do'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Lol. That is what I said. Internet people created the myth to have fan. You used the word 'war' here, not Dai-chan fan. I never saw any fan wars in arena. You net people have fan. :)
Hanyu is a National champion like Patrick. They are equal in this.

No, nobody created any myth. Of course you don't see fan wars like on the internet in an arena, but that doesn't mean it isn't related. Then cross the word war and replace it with whatever you want - the point is, the arena back then was full with people who thought Hanyu didn't deserve his medal because they were mainly Takahashi fans and simply didn't like the results. That's called being biased.
There are quite some Takahashi fans who for example would never clap for Hanyu, not after landing a jump, not after finishing a program. That's disrespectful and mean. Where do you think that comes from, if it's only 'internet people creating some kind of myth'?

Kalina

On the Ice
It's so much of a myth that even the media picked it up. If you have people in an arena yelling at the national champion 'radioactive boy', you can't expect them not to notice, even if they are not informed about the 'internet fan wars' or whatever you want to call them.

Esopian

Final Flight
I wish this thread was closed, is no longer about Yuzuru´s article but about fanwars.

I agree, I was following this thread ever since it started ... however, posts gradually turned into arguing and attacking others. :slink:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Let's all try to get back to the main point. We all love a variety of skaters, and that is okay. :)

Alain

Match Penalty
If Takahashi would have at least won the LP back then, there would definitely be less complaining. And Hanyu did lose the SP to Machida. BIG difference. Machida deserved to win the SP, Hanyu deserved to win the LP. And that's what happened. Chan deserved to win the SP, Takahashi deserved to win the LP, but that wasn't what happened.
And yes, if at least the winning margin Chan had over Takahashi would have been smaller, all of the complaints would have sounded way different.
They wouldn't. The result is what matters. Chan would still got the WC-2012 title.
CoP doesn't work the way you say- who won SP or LP. With being 2nd in LP Tatsuki would be the WC-2014 if Hanyu PCS had been judged fairly in SP.
there is no need to talk about "controversy", since whether it's controversy or not, a win is still a win which means the judges saw something in him.
Then what's the point. It was about Chan getting a 15-20 PCS gap that pushed his rivals like Hanyu to put 2 or more quads (It's not new in fact. Plushenko, Yagudin, Goebel did it years ago). So what if Chan got a 29 PCS gap over Song. It's about right. The controversial thing is when a skater gets 7+ PCS and 3 weeks later 9+. PCS is not TES when you can pop jumps and lose 10-20 points easily. PCS requires years of mastery. Patrick always had high PCS. He wasn't gifted with the sudden cushion to lose a -20 points PCS gap over the rival.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hanyu PCS at SP was right. His PCS at olympics was 46 as I remember. His performance at Worlds apart from 4T was better than at olympics, and his PCS was lower, so they took fall to count.

Hanyu deserved higher PCS than Tatsuki in LP, and the gap was very small because they gave Tatsuki PCS at level of 90.

Alain

Match Penalty
You mean his 1st national title when he won against Dai and Dai's fans filled up the arena. Not surprised, I have heard some fanatic fans tore Yuzuru's photos in rage and upload the clip online.
I too heard some journalist saying Hanyu was booed. I checked youtube and heard nothing. Literally nothing. It's trolling to say there were no Hanyu fans in Sapporo. He was a Wolrd Championship bronze medalist and an NHK trophy winner. Of course he had fans there. They were relativy quiet because they were embarrassed. That is what normal people do when they see injustice took place.
The Saitama audience was super lovely to all skaters. It was full of Daisuke fans too. They couldn't know he would withdraw, they bought tickets. I am not buying a 'fan war' argument. It comes from netizens who are not based in Japan. And from one side only. The war requires two. More like the Daisuke fanbase is being used by some Yuzuru internet fans to promote their skater.
Patrick was more repectful when he had to deal with booing in Nice. Do not remember the wording but it was something about the audience being French. It came out as half-joke not strictly PC. But in that situation it was a graceful move not to bring another skater's name or his fans. Chan netizens when they want to attack someone say 'anti-Chan' or 'Chan hater.' They don't use other skaters' names to promote Chan.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Then what's the point. It was about Chan getting a 15-20 PCS gap that pushed his rivals like Hanyu to put 2 or more quads (It's not new in fact. Plushenko, Yagudin, Goebel did it years ago). So what if Chan got a 29 PCS gap over Song. It's about right. The controversial thing is when a skater gets 7+ PCS and 3 weeks later 9+. PCS is not TES when you can pop jumps and lose 10-20 points easily. PCS requires years of mastery. Patrick always had high PCS. He wasn't gifted with the sudden cushion to lose a -20 points PCS gap over the rival
You said PChan NEVER won against any one with 15-20 PCS gap, so I post the calculation. There are times he won with those big gaps in PCS, simple as that and you can't say it's never. "Never" is wrong. Now you turn around and say it's about right.

What's so right about the PCS gap? I'd say half of those wins, nobody complain because he won rightfully. But some are up to debate.
Using your logic, PCS is constant and will not change which is not right. PCS depends on the performance at the exactly moment the judge saw.
What's so right when Oda lost in Skate Canada with 11 PCS gap against a skater with 4 falls?
What's so right when Kozuka, who has wonderful basic skills, have to suffer 12.95 gap in PCS?

If you were a skater, PCS would be exactly what you are showing to the judges at the right moment. You skate well, you PCS will raise. You skate badly, you PCS will drop. And that's must have been the right way. And skaters have their off and on days, when they skate well, their PCS should be higher than when they don't.

The Saitama audience was super lovely to all skaters. It was full of Daisuke fans too. They couldn't know he would withdraw, they bought tickets.
This is not true. There are conference in which team Japan were announced weeks before the WC at Saitama. Of course they know Dai had withdrawn. Many of Dai's fan didn't come to Saitama. And if they come, it's not those fanatics who tore other skaters' photo apart and upload the clip on the internet. Don't make me post the link here.

I am not buying a 'fan war' argument. It comes from netizens who are not based in Japan. And from one side only. The war requires two. More like the Daisuke fanbase is being used by some Yuzuru internet fans to promote their skater.
Frankly I don't want to public the proof by Japan fans who are Japanese and use Japanese. The article is very LONG. More than 40 pages in total with picture and clips as evidence. And it's not just Hanyu was treat that way. Tatsuki Machida, Oda, Plushenko, Patrick Chan... and the list go on. Even Mao didn't have a pass from those fanatics either.

PChiddy performed in Japan, and they clapped happily when he failed a jump, too. There was evidence Patrick Chan was treat the same. Shoma Uno was bashed harshly because his style is somewhat similar to Dai. Machida, Plushenko, Oda... all were called by disrespectfully names. And yes, I know they are fanatics because most fans are very respectful. But those actions are ugly nevertheless. To all the skaters. Stop applying your "logic" and say negative things about other skaters' fans before I post the link here since I love Dai and I know he was very sad thanked to all these actions by some fanatics.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
I too heard some journalist saying Hanyu was booed. I checked youtube and heard nothing. Literally nothing. It's trolling to say there were no Hanyu fans in Sapporo. He was a Wolrd Championship bronze medalist and an NHK trophy winner. Of course he had fans there. They were relativy quiet because they were embarrassed. That is what normal people do when they see injustice took place.
The Saitama audience was super lovely to all skaters. It was full of Daisuke fans too. They couldn't know he would withdraw, they bought tickets. I am not buying a 'fan war' argument. It comes from netizens who are not based in Japan. And from one side only. The war requires two. More like the Daisuke fanbase is being used by some Yuzuru internet fans to promote their skater.
Patrick was more repectful when he had to deal with booing in Nice. Do not remember the wording but it was something about the audience being French. It came out as half-joke not strictly PC. But in that situation it was a graceful move not to bring another skater's name or his fans. Chan netizens when they want to attack someone say 'anti-Chan' or 'Chan hater.' They don't use other skaters' names to promote Chan.
Questions:
(1)"They were relativy quiet because they were embarrassed. That is what normal people do when they see injustice took place."
I checked youtube too and I don't think it is quiet. I heard fans cheering congratulations in Japanese. But since you said "relatively" and I don't know what is your relative benchmark, so I'll skip this one.
But I do want to ask since I'm curious, are you a mind reader who can read people like an open book even when the people are not around you? How can you know Hanyu fans were embarrassed because they saw injustice? Sometimes when I read your post I couldn't help but wonder, what makes you so confident that you believe you can read people's mind, like they are embarrassed, they do not participate in a show because they are afraid of not selling tickets, they told some "stories" in order to libel a great show...etc. You must be a great mind reader.

(2)"The Saitama audience was super lovely to all skaters"
I totally agree with you, Saitama audience were super lovely. I am not sure whether it was full of Daisuke fans but surely there were some.
Then I wonder, following your logic, if 2014 worlds result is not right, why weren't the audience quiet? Weren't they not embarrassed because it wasn't injustice? Or is it because the lovely audience aren't normal?

OK, back to the thread topic, I'm glad that he aims to complete what he sets up to do. Though I doubt if he can cleanly complete his LP layout this season, I hope he will. Because I always appreciate someone who tries to push it to the edge, and if he completes the layout it will mean something extraordinary.

jace93

On the Ice
Questions:

OK, back to the thread topic, I'm glad that he aims to complete what he sets up to do. Though I doubt if he can cleanly complete his LP layout this season, I hope he will. Because I always appreciate someone who tries to push it to the edge, and if he completes the layout it will mean something extraordinary.

Interestingly looking through old protocols for 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 he also skated his free skate cleanly only once for season in international competition (ie without fall on jumps)... so I wouldn't be surprised if he repeat himself=)

Camillo

On the Ice
cruzceleste and Esopian, I agree with you - the thread is far off the topic.

I didn't want to bring it up, but this thread and also JO thread gave me strange sense of deja vu. :confused:
There was a user (already banned) - let's talk (fan of Dai, Mao and Plushy). Practically everywhere she started talking about Hanyu vs Dai: how Hanyu didn't deserve that medal or this PCS, how the fans didn't cheer for him, how he is not a 'cash cow', how he is a shame to FS etc. and after that threads became a mess.

Alain and mich2's posts in many ways seems incredibly similar to the posts of let's talk, even like written by the same person. (That's my impression, sorry, if it seems offensive to you . mich2, you must be acquainted with let's talk - she also lives in Japan and visits ice-shows and FS events - maybe that's why you sound similar.)

Ironically, let's talk said exactly the same thing as mich2 and Alain: 'What fan wars are you talking about? There are no fan wars in arena'.
You know, I find it quite sad that's it's three Dai-chan's fans who say 'fan-war is a myth' and at the same time they insistently try to bring down certain figure skaters.

==========
Concerning Hanyu's interview: let's see what happens during the season, the layouts are risky and the pressure is even higher than last season, imo. Anyway, I hope we'll see grown up Yuzuru with more mature SS and choreo.:thumbsup:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
More like the Daisuke fanbase is being used by some Yuzuru internet fans to promote their skater.

Yes, who wouldn't need some weird "promotion" (which like this is actually more harmful than anything) for the current Olympic champion :unsure:

Alain said:
They wouldn't. The result is what matters. Chan would still got the WC-2012 title.
CoP doesn't work the way you say- who won SP or LP. With being 2nd in LP Tatsuki would be the WC-2014 if Hanyu PCS had been judged fairly in SP.

:rolleye:
Look, at the end it's speculation what most people would do. I can only speak for myself, if Takahashi would at least have won the 2012 worlds LP, I wouldn't have been so put off by the results. And I know a lot of people who said the same. YOu can't know what other people would say or not.
And it's not always just about the end result. The inbetween does count.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Interestingly looking through old protocols for 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 he also skated his free skate cleanly only once for season in international competition (ie without fall on jumps)... so I wouldn't be surprised if he repeat himself=)

I think so as well.
He improves each year, but also each year he makes his programs a LOT more difficult.

The arch of the season tends to be.
1.Win Finlandia and exhausted
2.2GP events pretty shaky on one or the other program.
3.GPF best scores and performance here
4.JNationals Almost as good as the GPF
5.WC gets injured and/or messes up SP, grits teeth and does an amazing LP.

The actual placements depend on how everyone else does.
I just hope he completes his goals this year as he has in years past and maybe this time doesn't get injured in the WC.
Hanyu doesn't know how to play it safe.

jace93

On the Ice
I think so as well.
He improves each year, but also each year he makes his programs a LOT more difficult.

The arch of the season tends to be.
1.Win Finlandia and exhausted
2.2GP events pretty shaky on one or the other program.
3.GPF best scores and performance here
4.JNationals Almost as good as the GPF
5.WC gets injured and/or messes up SP, grits teeth and does an amazing LP.

The actual placements depend on how everyone else does.
I just hope he completes his goals this year as he has in years past and maybe this time doesn't get injured in the WC.
Hanyu doesn't know how to play it safe.

let's not forget messing up his second competiion every season... That's an amazing constant :rolleye: but it's truly surprising in 4 years as a senior every season his lower score has always been the one of the second competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.