Arthur Dmitriev jr: `Each has to find his own coach' by Olga Ermolina | Golden Skate

Arthur Dmitriev jr: `Each has to find his own coach' by Olga Ermolina

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks, as always to Tahbka for the translation: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...riev-jr-each-has-to-find-his-own-coach.93010/

An extract:

OE: How many quads do you plan?
AD: When I was 17 I had a 4T, 4S, 4loop and was rotating the 4lz. I rotated the lutz, but the landing was so so - I was too inexperienced to land it well. Am 21 now. I just have to get my jumps back and work some more.

OE: What do you mean?
AD: Landing 4 different quads

OE: Is it possible?
AD: Sure. Depends on the attitude. First, of course, there is a mental barrier to overcome. But I think we'll make it.

OE: Excuse me for being naive, but what for?
AD: I have a dream to land 4 different quads in my LP. But it's in the future. We'll see.

Meoima

Match Penalty
So Gachinski was not the only one who lost his quads. I hope they get better. All these guys are obsessive with quads.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh yes. :biggrin:
Better. I would hate going back to 1 or no quads. :disapp:
Well, yes, but I am wondering. He lost the quads due to growth spurt or injuries? Or both? Or maybe because of not good enough basic skills.
I mean, maybe good basic skills set overall might help you maintain your jumps better.
This make me wonder, if Kovtun are still getting taller. Gachinski got 2 inches taller and his jumps were affected.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well, yes, but I am wondering. He lost the quads due to growth spurt or injuries? Or both? Or maybe because of not good enough basic skills.
I mean, maybe good basic skills set overall might help you maintain your jumps better.
This make me wonder, if Kovtun are still getting taller. Gachinski got 2 inches taller and his jumps were affected.

It doesn't have to be grow or injuries. Sometimes you just get mentally burned and all skills that you had are gone. It is hard to get it back if it is mental thing

Meoima

Match Penalty
It doesn't have to be grow or injuries. Sometimes you just get mentally burned and all skills that you had are gone. It is hard to get it back if it is mental thing
If it's mental then his quads in the past, even though he could land it, might be not consistent and not stable enough. This make me admire skaters who has kept their quads for so long, like Jourbert, Plushy.

Alba

Record Breaker

I don't know the real reason, but according to him it's for both. Growth spurt and injuries.
Then, of course, the mental part plays a huge part.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know the real reason, but according to him it's for both. Growth spurt and injuries.
Then, of course, the mental part plays a huge part.
I hope he can get them back. He is still young. Mishin is helping him. He can do that.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Good luck to him. I was wondering what was going on with him. It seemed like he disappeared for a while... And iirc, he's not in any GP events this season? Anyhow, I like the sound of their approach: focusing on recovery first. In a way, it might be good he didn't have the former success of Artur and Liza, who sound like they're under a lot more pressure.

His injuries sounded pretty bad. :cry: People like Joubert and Plushy who seem to keep their quads no matter what are likely the exceptions.