2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I really wonder whether Kayumova improved her skating or not. Good luck Jenni and my countryman Elif. :popcorn:

Country
Russia
That fall costed her more than early draw.
Early draw at JGP means nothing.
Medvedeva had 2nd Start No in Courchevel - 1st place in SP. Pogoriaya had 2nd Start No in SP Zagreb 2012 - 2nd place in SP, Gilleron-Gorry had 3rd StartNo in SP Chemmnitz 2012 - 6th place in SP, good for her.

TMC

Record Breaker
She is so talented but jumps were not there today. :cry:

So many Finnish singles skaters struggle with nerves. I don't get it. They have the arsenal in practice but in competition....Do they have any sports psychology/mental visualisation training?

IIRC Sochi was the 1st time the FOC sent a sports psychologist/psychiarist to support the team. Just the one, for 103 athletes... :rolleye:

I have a soft spot for Jenni because her last name is also my maiden name :laugh: No relation though, it's like the 12th most common surname in the country

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
Early draw at JGP means nothing.
Medvedeva had 2nd Start No in Courchevel - 1st place in SP. Pogoriaya had 2nd Start No in SP Zagreb 2012 - 2nd place in SP, Gilleron-Gorry had 3rd StartNo in SP Chemmnitz 2012 - 6th place in SP, good for her.

Early draw doesn't ALWAYS mean lower PCS but for most of the time yes. It is much better to have a late starting number than to skate in the first 2 groups.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
So many Finnish singles skaters struggle with nerves. I don't get it. They have the arsenal in practice but in competition....Do they have any sports psychology/mental visualisation training?

IIRC Sochi was the 1st time the FOC sent a sports psychologist/psychiarist to support the team. Just the one, for 103 athletes... :rolleye:

I have a soft spot for Jenni because her last name is also my maiden name :laugh: No relation though, it's like the 12th most common surname in the country

I have no idea about mental training in Finland but I would be very surprised if they don't have any. But you are right these skaters often master the jumps but in competitions the nerves are too much. I was watching the practice session from yesterday and saw Jenni struggling and falling a lot while trying the loop. Wasn't that the jump she messed up today too? The axel I do not understand, it is a strong jump for her.

Leah skated beautifully. Too bad about the combination. I hope she'll skate well tomorrow. Alsu Kaiumova had a nice clean programme but she is clearly not in the same group with the 4 best Russian juniors. No interpretation of the music for example...

vexlak

Rinkside
Early draw doesn't ALWAYS mean lower PCS but for most of the time yes. It is much better to have a late starting number than to skate in the first 2 groups.

That is a known fact. But why? Perhaps this is not to place to elaborate on it, but this is the a known fact and for fairness it should be eliminated.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Kayumova for skating clean. But I agree she needs better presentation to compete with current Russian ladies field.