2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I actually think the only jump with an awkward landing was the flip, on the 3T her back was pretty much upright and on the 3Lz she only leans forward after landing the jump as a transition. I prefer this program, although maybe that's because the last one lacked any kind of spirit until the end, this one is slower but I feel the lower amount of crossovers and an increase in transitions make up for that.

I liked Evgenia a lot but I still wouldn't put her above Serafima, her edges are better but her speed still isn't as good as the other Juniors and her CH, TR and PE aren't as strong either. Her layback, flying camel and 2A are considerably better though so they would deserve to be quite close. I feel that the difference in scores is more Evgenia being underscored (receiving an e call instead of a !) rather then Serafima being overscored.

I don't think it's necessarily the leaning forward that bugs me. It's a split second where it looks as if she was leaning to much to the side, and then you can see her foot/edge shaking a little to correct it. That's when to me, she looks like she's about to fall. You can also see it in her arms. She has great and elegant arm movements, but when she's landing a jump, there is a short jerky moment. My problem is that it makes it look like she had a mistake on the landing. A good running edge is great, but IMO it's not the only thing that makes a good jump. So that's not my problem. But the 3F in her LP had a really good landing, and it was a beautiful jump. So maybe she'll get rid of it given some more time :)

When I said I preferred Evgenia, I didn't mean I think she should have scored higher. A simple 100% subjective opinion :) Honestly, Serafima is one of these skaters where I see loads of positive qualities, but one negative aspect bugs me enough so that it probably completely butchers my overall impression. To know how I think she should have scored, I'd really need to score it myself. I think her jump GOE are a little too high, but given my usual disagreements with the judges scores, that would be a minor thing :biggrin:

zamboni step

Final Flight
I don't think it's necessarily the leaning forward that bugs me. It's a split second where it looks as if she was leaning to much to the side, and then you can see her foot/edge shaking a little to correct it. That's when to me, she looks like she's about to fall. You can also see it in her arms. She has great and elegant arm movements, but when she's landing a jump, there is a short jerky moment. My problem is that it makes it look like she had a mistake on the landing. A good running edge is great, but IMO it's not the only thing that makes a good jump. So that's not my problem. But the 3F in her LP had a really good landing, and it was a beautiful jump. So maybe she'll get rid of it given some more time :)

When I said I preferred Evgenia, I didn't mean I think she should have scored higher. A simple 100% subjective opinion :) Honestly, Serafima is one of these skaters where I see loads of positive qualities, but one negative aspect bugs me enough so that it probably completely butchers my overall impression. To know how I think she should have scored, I'd really need to score it myself. I think her jump GOE are a little too high, but given my usual disagreements with the judges scores, that would be a minor thing :biggrin:

I never noticed that before actually, if I can't unsee it from now on and no longer enjoy her skating I'm blaming you. :p Usually with Serafima it's the bent back and low knee bend that gets to people. Yes I think her technique is starting to clean up considerably considering the amount of time she's had with Eteri. I understand what you mean by that, I have the same problem with Julia and it's stopped me from enjoying what was probably one of the best programs of the quadrennium, very annoying.

Photo of the medalists. Congratulations to all.

https://pp.vk.me/c540109/c540105/v540105015/20ecb/iGGLbtTwBjw.jpg

Looking forward to the next competition maybe?

https://pp.vk.me/c623422/v623422923/165/iqAkO75j7iI.jpg

Is that what Leah looks like without makeup? xD Nice to see Serafima taking time to enjoy the city. :)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I never noticed that before actually, if I can't unsee it from now on and no longer enjoy her skating I'm blaming you. :p Usually with Serafima it's the bent back and low knee bend that gets to people. Yes I think her technique is starting to clean up considerably considering the amount of time she's had with Eteri. I understand what you mean by that, I have the same problem with Julia and it's stopped me from enjoying what was probably one of the best programs of the quadrennium, very annoying.

Oooops.... I have no idea what you are talking about, I didn't say a thing! *cough* :slink:
Good to hear I'm not the only one with that problem. I feel like a jerky stickler sometimes for not getting over it, but that doesn't help it either. Probably, with the young russians, there's the problem that I don't really want to start loving even more of them too. I already enjoy Alexandra P. and Maria S. so much, if Serafima and Evgenia make it onto my favorites list too, I'm doomed when JW comes around! (Just as it is with the senior ladies, or the japanese men...)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
.Is that what Leah looks like without makeup? xD Nice to see Serafima taking time to enjoy the city. :)

I moved it to the FS thread where I meant for it to be. Leave it to me to accidental have a pic of Yulia hugging a horse randomly instead of the medalist photo. :bang: