Brian Joubert | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
With the state of the other French men these days, dare I say I've been imagining Brian coming back to compete as a singles skater again? :slink:
I think Brian's Sochi performances were better than anything we saw at Europeans this year..

Mia29

On the Ice
My translation is sometimes wrong but it seems she's calm and intelligent. Now, the situation is clear from all the parts

LRK

Record Breaker
A very long interview with Katarina Gerboldt was published today...I mean it. It's long! But she has quite a bit to say about Brian...

http://rsport.ru/interview/20150214/807065048.html

What a lovely interview - thank you! I love that it sounds like they've become real friends - I'm still in the middle of reading it, but I just came to this:

"Catherine, in your opinion, Brian was able to really master pairs skating? Did you feel it potential?

- The potential he has. You know, do not become champions of the world people are not talented, those who are not accustomed to achieve its goal, despite none. He is very stubborn. I think any of us had set a goal, be sure to have it made. Yes, it would be incredibly difficult to both him and me, and all those who have supported us, and it would be a lot of work. If we were a little younger, if we had more time, it would have been possible. By the way, the last show he was riding like a greenhouse, I have told him: "You are pleased me so much." If you add up all the time that we spent together on the ice during the show, you can see that it is less than a full workout, but Brian has learned to watch, to adapt to me, he always knew where I always watched and waited, when it was necessary, accelerated . We get to ride as a couple."

Yay - Brian is a greenhouse, people! (beams)

I'm sorry they won't compete together as a pair - but, as ever, every interview I've read with Katarina just makes me feel so... happy. She just comes across as such a warm and wise person. Whether she comes back to pair skating or no - I'm sure her life will be successful, and full of friendship and joy.:)

glam

On the Ice
Yes, I agree that Gerbolt has always been very classy with Brian. Even though this situation must have been difficult for her she has been very understanding and polite to him.

Cruacha

Spectator
))) Greenhouse. Funny. It`s wordplay, in Russian "pair skater" and "greenhouse" - the same word, only difference in accent.
Long interview and most about Brian...

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
))) Greenhouse. Funny. It`s wordplay, in Russian "pair skater" and "greenhouse" - the same word, only difference in accent.
Long interview and most about Brian...

Ah, thank you! A mystery solved! I've wondered so - why "greenhouse"?:)

ETA - Oh, and welcome to Golden Skate, and the Brian fan thread! :)

Last edited:

Cruacha

Spectator
Glad to help you! :) Hi-hi, he is not like a greenhouse, yes.)

Thanks!
I like Brian for long time

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
With the state of the other French men these days, dare I say I've been imagining Brian coming back to compete as a singles skater again? :slink:

Man, if he were to come back and kick *** then I wouldn't even know what to do with myself....weep tears of joy, I think. So is it now confirmed that he's not doing pair skating? I've read through the thread but am still a little confused on the subject.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Man, if he were to come back and kick *** then I wouldn't even know what to do with myself....weep tears of joy, I think. So is it now confirmed that he's not doing pair skating? I've read through the thread but am still a little confused on the subject.
Yeah, he will not. Sadly but I understand his choice.

LRK

Record Breaker

Maybe when/if Plushy will - I can see it now

Plushy:
"Brian, you know you can do it - you've still got what it takes. Come on, man, let's do this thing together!"

Best Frenemies Forever.:)

Last edited:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Maybe when/if Plushy will - I can see it now

Plushy:
"Brian, you know you can do it - you've still got what it takes. Come on, man, let's do this thing together!"

Best Frenemies Forever.:)

hahaha Frenemies, they really are! Brian's (old?) love for Yagudin stands in the way of true BFFness. :laugh2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Brian skated in a show with Denis Ten in Almaty, KZ last weekend, as some might know.

Interview with some photos

Video (behind the scenes & some footage of Brian in practice - I didn't see any video from the show yet)

The scenery is so beautiful (outdoor rink in the mountains)!

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Brian skated in a show with Denis Ten in Almaty, KZ last weekend, as some might know.

Video (behind the scenes & some footage of Brian in practice - I didn't see any video from the show yet)

That was a fantastic video! The feel of it was so fun and lovely, I'm glad they're having a good time. Thank you so much for sharing!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Ah! gallavich beat me to it!

As some of you may know, I posted a couple of photos from this event in Denis' Fan Fest thread a few days ago. But, I didn't think about posting about it here, as all there was relating to Brian was the group photo.

But then went onto YouTube there now looking for videos of Anna (it's her birthday on Monday, so I'm going to make a video for her like I do for Liza). And I found Alexander Liubchenko's behind-the-scenes video. And since Brian was as impressive, I thought "Oh, I'd better post it to his Fan Fest too!"

But somebody got in there first! ;) :biggrin:

Thank you to gallavich for finding the interview with Brian. I'll copy your comment into the Denis thread now.

CaroLiza_fan

Mia29

On the Ice
Interview with Brian :)
http://www.larep.fr/loiret/sports/a...brian-joubert-au-baron-vendredi_11386847.html

You took your sporting retirement in February 2014, what's new with you?
I am in the executive board of the French Federation. The Federation has given me a mission, I especially take care of the next generation. This weekend, I was in the championships of France "novice".

Why are you participating always in the tour of the French team?
It was a request of the French Federation. I like that, I still have many friends in the France team. I did the tour last year (note: the regional stage was at Tours) and I will make it next year. And I always like to meet the public.

You know the ice ring in Orleans ...
Yes it's true. Coming in Orleans is still very nice. This is an important city for skating. I've participated in the championships of France that I had indeed won and also the Masters ... I have always been well received.

During the tour, what do you have as programs?
I have two new exhibition programs I often opens with the tour of the French team.

In your exhibitions, have you some difficulties?
Of course. The program is an international level. There are triple "lutz" and quads

You still feel very invested in the competition, do you return?
No, I don’t think so. But it's true that sometimes it itches me

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks so much, Mia! :)

Two new programs? I wonder what they are? Does anyone know?

Mia29

On the Ice
One of them seems to be "Stay with me", already skated but was created this year