Warmup and K&C Music | Golden Skate

Warmup and K&C Music

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I was surprised and impressed by the music used for warmups and between competition performances :-D

I heard lots of great old songs... by many great old rock/metal bands... including UFO, The Scorpions, Whitesnake, Marillion, Richard Marx, The Animals etc etc etc.

\m/ ^_^ \m/

Either old "best of" rock CD's were going cheap at the local supermarket... rock is popular in Slovenia... or the person choosing the music was someone after my own heart, probably about 50-ish and possibly even British... ;-D

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wonder about that, too. Sometimes I've heard all the 80s pop song and...:confused: I mean, the people who are in charge of music in ice rink surely have old taste. :biggrin:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I wonder about that, too. Sometimes I've heard all the 80s pop song and...:confused: I mean, the people who are in charge of music in ice rink surely have old taste. :biggrin:

80s pop is old taste? :laugh:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I prefer to call it "classic", rather than "old" ;-D

But yes... 80's music is like, 25-30 years old after all...

And some of the music used at Ljubljana was 70's and 60's too...

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Okay, maybe it is a little old. Or maybe we could call it 'retro'? Does it count as retro yet? :biggrin:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised and impressed by the music used for warmups and between competition performances :-D

I heard lots of great old songs... by many great old rock/metal bands... including UFO, The Scorpions, Whitesnake, Marillion, Richard Marx, The Animals etc etc etc.

\m/ ^_^ \m/

Either old "best of" rock CD's were going cheap at the local supermarket... rock is popular in Slovenia... or the person choosing the music was someone after my own heart, probably about 50-ish and possibly even British... ;-D

Well into my 50s, but I have never heard of any of these groups/people. Then again I am American and rock was never my taste in pop music:biggrin:

Maybe the R&B I loved in the 70s is not so cheap in Slovenia;)

tikse

Rinkside
Whoever did the music selection has good taste. I would say the emphasis was not on "vintageness" so to speak but rather a style. Maroon 5 and Imelda May aren't that old FWIW.