Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year?

Jewels

On the Ice
Polina Edmunds
Gracie Gold
Zijun Li
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Kaetlyn Osmond
Soyoun Park
Elena Radionova
Denis Ten
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Han Yan
Hanyu Yuzuru

in any order. I'd love to see great skates from any skaters listed above. Oops that's eleven

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Oh that's tricky! Especially when there are four disciplines.

1. Kevin Reynolds
2. The Shibsibs
3. Mirai Nagasu
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Ilinykh/Zhinganshin
6. So Youn Park
7. Hawayek/Baker
8. Wenjing/Cong
9. Jeremy Abbott
10. Voloshozhar/Trankov

I guess it's like this. :-D

Alchamei

Record Breaker
1. Kevin Reynolds, Jason Brown, Yuzuru Hanyu (They're all my #1 favorite)
2. Maia and Alex Shibutani
3. Nam Nguyen
4. Polina Edmunds
5. Gracie Gold
6. Ashley Wagner
7. Maxim Kovtun
8. Paul Poirier and Piper Gilles
9. Gabrielle Daleman
10. Alaine Chartrand

I totally agree with the first and second place! I don't have Brown and Hanyu in my Top 10 but I think they're amazing! It's just too hard to chose.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I want to see these skaters do well because I think they believe ( I don't think anyone needs to prove themselves for the sake of others ) they have something to prove.

1. Adelina Sotnikova

I love this girl and always thought, if anyone's going to beat Yuna in Sochi, She'd be the one. It's sad to me that she gets such negativity for a decision that was out of her control.

2. Ashley Wagner

After her below par showing at nationals, I think she wants to prove that being on the team for Sochi was a smart decision. I love her fight, her honesty, and she's beautiful!

3. Jeremey Abbott

He said 2014 was his final season and then changed his mind. I hope he stays injury free as the technical demand on skaters continues to rise. I love his skating.

4. Adam Rippon

I have always respected his skating however, he's not a great competitor. He's not that young anymore and I think he needs to make a statement this season.

5. Julia Lipnitskaya

I think she may be feeling the pressure of expectation. She's so young and talented but too much attention can be overwhelming.

6. Jason Brown

He's well coached and of all the US men, seems to handle the pressure of the Big Moments better than his peers.

7. Ross Miner

Like Adam Rippon, I really like Ross. He seems like a really nice guy and someone who works hard. However, he needs to have a great season or I think the judges might start to write him off.

8. Richard Dornbush

See Above ^^

9. Angela Wang

What has happened to this lovely girl whom I swore would be the future of ladies skating in the US ? Is she injured ? Is she unhappy ? I still have hope and wish her the best.

10. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

I don't know much about Elizaveta other than this. She has the most beautiful eyes in the world and when she smiles ( Like Suzuki ) she makes me smile.

Sorry, I forgot....:slink:

11. Tatsuki Machida

He is definitely ready for the top of the world podium. Talented and focused !

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
1. Elena Radionova
1. Julia Lipnitskaya
3. Volosozhar/Trankov
4. Hanyu
5. Stolbova/Klimov
6. Hawayek/Baker
6. Weaver/Poje
8. Denis Ten
9. Gachinsky
10. Anna Pogorilaya

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hmm, I like to watch every skater but I am very curious about the development of the following.

1. Adelina Sotnikova

I was a big fan of her and I am still, it was not fair what happened to her after Sochi and everyone who put blame on her should be ashamed of himself.

2. Yulia Lipnitskaya

She had gorgeous programs last year, Schindlers list was in my opinion nicely done and I am very curious about her programs this year. At Sochi she was really sad during the Exhibition and I hope she can cope with that missed opportunity and that the Russian Fed doesn't put too much weight on her shoulders.

3. Gracie Gold

I loved that girl at Sochi such a positive girl on the ice. The US fans can be very happy to have such a wonderful skater.

4. Inga Januleviciute

Know her since the early days and she is getting better with every year. She made a big step forward last season and I hope she can make an even bigger one this year.

5. Henna & Ossi

Not only since their last season - especially with their FD my favorite Ice Dance pair right now. They work so hard and seldom get the recognition for it by the fans. :( They have so much heart in their performances, its seldom accomplished by other couples in my opinion.

6. Polina Edmunds

Another discovery at Sochi for me. Loved her style and expression and hope to hear a lot more of her.

7. Kaetlyn Osmond

Well, I hope she wont have too many problems with injuries, as the last season was already tough in that department.

8. Annabelle & Ruben

For us Germans a wonderful pair that might be able to someday step into the footsteps of Aliona & Robin. Robin btw. is now coaching in Russia and Aliona has a new partner - but I guess you all know this already :D
They are working on a couple of new elements and I hope to see some of them at Oberstdorf.

9. Jenni Saarinen

She is keeping my finnish figure skating dreams alive after Susanna, Alisa and Laura waved goodbye. Great girl on the ice with a very professional and charming attitude.

10. +++

There are too many to name them all like Anna Ocharova, Peter Liebers, Nelli & Alex, Eliza ... I wish them all the best of luck ;)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Most of my favourites are ice dancers:
1. Bobrova/Soloviev.
I'm so hoping Dima can stay healthy through the season.

2.Yanovskaia/Mozgov
3.Loboda/Drozd
4.Yulia Lipnitskaia
5.Morozova/Zhirnov (I don't like them too much, but I love their FD this year)
6.Stolbova/Klimov
7.Adian Pitkeev (he's too cute)
8.Serafima Sakhanovich
9.Cappellini/Lanotte (but only if their FD is good and original)
10.Max Aaron (just like him, idk why)

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
As Dance is my main interest .

I hope B/S have better programmes and have a great year.W/P and C/L a battle between these two teams no doubt.I really am liking Paul/Islam hope they move up the rankings.The new Russian teams will be very interesting.I am also looking forward to seeing the new French team P/C .Most of all though my new favourite team are the Russian's Stepanova/Bukin.There is something about them I really like they seem to have their own style .It will be interesting to see how Chock/Bates and the Shibs skate this season too!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason Brown
Chock & Bates
Zhiganshina & Gaszi
Hawayek & Baker
Annabelle & Ruben
Cheng & Zhang
Ross Miner
Castelli & Tran
Moore-Towers and new partner
Orford & Williams

Generically, I am much more interested in pairs than I have been in the past becauseof all the splits and retirements and recombinations. I want to see how this turns out!

I will read anything about any dance team, and I will watch any dance competition at any level. I love them all.

I am almost totally disinterested in ladies. I like Anna Pogorilaya and Gracie Gold and Mae Berenice Meite, of the bunch we have now.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Honestly don't have any favorite skaters right now. Without Yuna and Mao and Carolina, it is just too sad too watch. :bang:

Ok, just kidding, I do like Da Bin Choi and Park So Youn, and Karen Chen (can you believe she is only 15? She skates like a senior whereas some seniors (*caugh* Polina) still skate like juniors). :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason Brown
Han Yan
Yuzuru Hanyu
Tatsuki Machida
Shibutanis
Hawayek &Baker
Zhiganshina & Gaszi
Bobrova & Soloviev
Sui/Han
Mae Bernice Meite

Like Doris, I'm pretty much interested in dance and men. Pairs will be interesting cause all the breakups. But yeah, Ladies are meh, I put Meite cause the girl has power. Though junior ladies are pretty awesome (and junior men are pretty meh). Ice Dance is awesome on both counts.

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
Joshua Farris
Max Aaron
Javier Fernandez
Han Yan
Mirai Nagasu
Mae Bernice Meite
So Young Park
Julia Lipnitskaia
Zijun Li
Denis Ten

anyanka

Record Breaker
If we mix disciplines ...

- Weaver / Poje
- Sinitsina / Katsalapov
- Ilinykh / Zhigansin
- Lipnitskaya
- Hanyu
- Kavaguti / Smirnov (sentimental favorite for me)
- Fernandez
- Ten
- Sotnikova
- Martinez

I've put I/K here in their new teams as we are all excited to see how these turn out.

Strangely am not excited about the pairs this year, not as much as before. Perhaps because of the S/S split? Or the presumption that V/T will sail through undefeated? (Their rivalry was splendid and exciting to watch.) I've put K/S here since they were the only top pair that didn't get to compete last year.

Antilopa

On the Ice
1 Adelina
2 Anna P.
3 Polina Edmunds
4 Stolbova/Klimov
5 Meite
6 Proklova
7 Sotskova
8 Menshov
9 Voronov
10 Ilinykh / Zhigansin

withwings

On the Ice
1. Ashley Wagner
2.Castelli/Tran
3. Fernandez
4.Minor
5 I/Moskovitch
6.Christina Gao
7. Shib/Shib

unico

Final Flight
not in any particular order

1.Weaver/Poje
2.Shibutanis

3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
4.Satoko Miyahara
5.Polina Edmunds

6.Yuzuru Hanyu
7.Javier Fernandez
8.Jason Brown
9.Han Yan

10.Kavaguti/Smirnov!!
EDIT: Interesting to see how my choices have changed now that we've seen the programs:

1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Sui/Han
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Hanyu
5. Fernandez
6. Machida
7. (D) Ten
8. Yan
9. Tuktamysheva
10. Miyahara

Last edited:

bramweld