Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year?

flutzy13

On the Ice
1. Polina Edmunds
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Lipnitskaia
4. Jason Brown
5. Joshua Farris
6. Chock and Bates
7. Hawayek and Baker
8. Duhamel and Radford
9. Stolbova and Klimov
10. Denney and Frazier

b-man

Final Flight
Mirai

Caroline Zhang
Zijun Li
Marissa Castelli
Elena R.
Julia L.
Leah Keiser
Hannah Miller
Kanako Murakami

Imagine

Medalist
01. Yulia
02. Elena
03. Adelina
04. Mirai
05. Gracie
06. Evgenia
07. Hanyu
08. Serafima
09. Maria
10. Anna

Sabrina

Record Breaker
1. Lipniskaia
2. Brown
3. Fernandez
4. Hanyu
5. Brezina
6.Gabrielle Daleman
7. Weaver/Poje
8. Duchamel/Radford
9. Reynolds
10. Radionova

bronwynsings

Rinkside
1) Ashley Wagner
2) Jason Brown
3) Tatsuki Machida
4) Jeremy Abbott
5) Adam Rippon
6) Shibutanis
7) Elena Radionova
8) Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
9) Gillies/Poirier
10) Kevin Reynolds

bj80alex

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu
Yan Han
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Satoko Miyahara
Sui/Han
Gilles/Poirier
Kawaguti/Smirnov
Jeremy Abbott
Alena Leonova
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Violetti

On the Ice
Kiira Korpi
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Julia Lipnitskaya
Elena Radionova
Adelina Sotnikova
Kawaguti/Smirnov
Polina Edmunds
Ashley Wagner
Jason Brown
Yuzuru Hanyu

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
In no particular order:
Kanako Murakami
Satoko Miyahara
Tatsuki Machida
Kozuka Takahiko
Elena Radionova
Li Zijun
Mirai Nagasu
Yuzuru Hanyu
Marissa Castelli and Mervin Tran

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In no particular order

Javier Fernandez
Yuzuru Hanyu
Han Yan
Jeremy Abbott
Maxim Kovtun
Artur Gachinski
Takahiko Kozuka
Denis Ten
Gracie Gold
Li Zijun

icedance

On the Ice
Javier Fernandez
Cappellini / Lanotte
Adelina Sotnikova
Stolbova / Klimov
Jason Brown
Ilinykh / Zhiganshin
Weaver / Poje
Chock / Bates
Julia Lipnitskaya
Yuzuru Hanyu

gibbynka

On the Ice
Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Yuzuru Hanyu
Jason Brown
Javier Fernandez
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Ashley Wagner

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Adelina Sotnikova
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Anna Pogorilaya
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
Yanovskaya/Mozgov
Polina Edmunds
Jason Brown
Maria Sotskova
Serafima Sakhanovich

RABID

Final Flight
Some of these lists are major ?????????????????????

At the very least an accompanying short blurb extolling a skater's virtues should be included (or even a video, even if it happens to NOT be the best representation for a given skater). Make a case, even if it is to say skater A has better support from his federation than skater B has from hers. Otherwise these lists are nothing more than fanciful daydreaming of interest only to those who happen to agree with a particular list.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

At the very least an accompanying short blurb extolling a skater's virtues should be included (or even a video, even if it happens to NOT be the best representation for a given skater). Make a case, even if it is to say skater A has better support from his federation than skater B has from hers. Otherwise these lists are nothing more than fanciful daydreaming of interest only to those who happen to agree with a particular list.

I only started this thread as a time filler until the Senior Season started up. There was no particular aim other than to see who people would be watching for this year, for whatever reason, favorite, rising star, casual interest. But you can add your list with detailed reasons if you like, that would be interesting for sure.

senatormls

On the Ice
This is hard, especially after an OG season. I cannot see anyone in the pairs division because of all the breakups and mixing and retirements. So here goes:
Hernandez
Lipnitskaya
Tukt!
Gold
Osmond ( only if she gets a better coach)
Radionova
Weaver/Poje
Denis Ten
A Finnish girl
That young man from the Phillipines
Sorry I don't remember the Filipino's name but I see some spark in him. He needs some good coaching. A Finnish girl because i miss Laura Lepisto. Other than that, I think this might be a snoozer season.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is hard, especially after an OG season. I cannot see anyone in the pairs division because of all the breakups and mixing and retirements. So here goes:
Hernandez
Lipnitskaya
Tukt!
Gold
Osmond ( only if she gets a better coach)
Radionova
Weaver/Poje
Denis Ten
A Finnish girl
That young man from the Phillipines
Sorry I don't remember the Filipino's name but I see some spark in him. He needs some good coaching. A Finnish girl because i miss Laura Lepisto. Other than that, I think this might be a snoozer season.

I'm afraid Osmond will be out most of this season with a leg fracture.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Otherwise these lists are nothing more than fanciful daydreaming of interest only to those who happen to agree with a particular list.

Please what? :rolleye:
This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing or trying to convince others about anything. It's simply a thread to read other peoples 100% subjective opinions. Especially with a post-Olympic season coming up that's missing a lot of old beloved skaters, I thought it was very interesting to read. No need to degrade anyone's list to a "fanciful daydream".

LRK

Record Breaker

Why would anyone need to justify why they are interested in any particular skater? The whole point surely is to state personal interest - not which skaters are most likely to succeed. Why should one need to justify one's personal preference? It's like saying: how can you say you enjoy this particular food - you must justify yourself!

TMC

Record Breaker
Why would anyone need to justify why they are interested in any particular skater? The whole point surely is to state personal interest - not which skaters are most likely to succeed. Why should one need to justify one's personal preference? It's like saying: how can you say you enjoy this particular food - you must justify yourself!

Exactly. I read these lists and go "wow, so many are also going to follow skater A" or "Hmm, skater B seems to be popular, I'll check them out".

Have no desire to hear any reasoning, although I wouldn't mind it. This thread is just nice the way it is currently, because there aren't too many posts veering off the topic ;)