Mid autumn festival | Golden Skate

Mid autumn festival

Meoima

Match Penalty
In East Asia, we have this festival call Mid autumn festival. You can read more here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

According to our legend, the Goddess of the moon descends to the Earth this day each year.

We have big celebration, with fire works, colorful lanterns and especially moon cakes. :love:

I wish to share with you guys. Today is our mid Autumn festival, according to Luna calendar, it's 15th August every year.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is moon cake: http://www.bostonhomestayblog.com/Mooncake.jpg

There are many types of moon cakes. I will look for the most delicious ones.

From Wiki:

Typical moon cakes are round pastries, measuring about 10 cm in diameter and 3–4 cm thick... A rich thick filling usually made from red bean or lotus seed paste is surrounded by a thin (2–3 mm) crust and may contain yolks from salted duck eggs. Moon cakes are usually eaten in small wedges accompanied by tea.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you. :love: I am off to buy moon cakes now. :eek:: who knows if Goddess of the moon might visit us.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yulia with blond hair and the right costume... She can be a perfect Moon princess. :love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Ah, Mid Autumn Festival, the fullest moon of the year. Also, my birthday by Lunar calendar. The mooncake is my birthday cake.

So poetic to appreciate the moon's beauty with fine tea and mooncakes while kids form a longer and longer line with lanterns of all shapes and designs. I used to be one of the kids.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Happy Mid Autumn Festival everyone!

I also like the moon cake with the salted duck egg the most, none of my friends like it very much which sucks because I can't finish one on my own x.x

heyang

Record Breaker
I guess since I was born in the US and grew up outside of a majority Asian community, I"m not a huge fan of moon cakes. I only like the ones with nuts and no eggs.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Hope everyone had a great Mid Autumn Festival and ate lots of mooncake! I personally don't like the egg yolks either. I always end up picking them out. I also tried durian mooncake a few days back and blech! it was disgusting.

MERVYN

Spectator
I also cooked mooncake with my friends. This great idea came in our minds after attended Mooncake Festival. This event is very famous because of the popular tradition of eating mooncakes on this occasion. This festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese Han calendar.