2016 Worlds website is live; all-event tix on sale Nov 3 2014 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds website is live; all-event tix on sale Nov 3 2014

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2016 Worlds website is live; tix go on sale Monday, Nov 3, at 10 am EST (per Oct 24 update)

The website has gone live:

Confusing :confused2: information re the launch of all-event ticket sales:
The home page says, "early October."
But the home page also has a countdown clock, with approx. 47 days to go -- which by my count means that the first day of sales would be Mon Oct 27??​

ETA, update/caveat: the countdown clock is only "an estimate," per @Worlds2016. See post #8 below.​

Prices for all-event tix range from $250 to $2200 (see list at the end of this post):

~ "A special package including tickets for only the final free skate programs may be available for sale at a later date."

~ "Tickets for each individual competition, also known as single session tickets, will go on sale in the fall of 2015."

~ "An all-event ticket does not include a ticket to the Exhibition of Champions."
"The Exhibition of Champions will go on sale when individual event tickets go on sale later in 2015."

~ "Reservations for the official hotels will open in April, 2015. An email notification of the exact date will be sent to everyone that has signed up for event’s email news and updates. ... To enjoy the event’s special room rate, reservations must be made from the links posted for each hotel on this website in April, 2015."

"There will not be a private shuttle system for spectators between the official hotels and the TD Garden."​

~ When will the final schedule of events be available?
The final schedule will be posted as soon as it is approved and released by the International Skating Union. By signing up for our email list, you will be the first to know when the schedule is released in addition to any future updates to the schedule.
http://worlds2016.com/faq/

=======================

All-event ticket prices:

Platinum $2200.00
Lower Bowl: Rows 1 and 2

Premium Loge $1295.00
Center Loge: Rows 3-18
End Loge: Rows 3-10
Club Level: All Rows**

End Loge $695.00
End Loge: Rows 11-26

Balcony Circle $350.00
Balcony: Rows 1 and 2

Balcony $250.00
Balcony: Rows 3-15

** Club level ticketholders enjoy a separate entrance to the TD Garden concourse, separate facilities, and Club-level food service to their seats. Club level tickets are not available through the organizing committee and may only be purchased when tickets go on sale at Ticketmaster and the TD Garden box office in the fall of 2015.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The website has gone live:

The home page has a countdown clock for the launch of all-event ticket sales. Approx. 47 days to go -- which by my count means that the first day of sales will be Mon Oct 27??

Prices for all-event tix are here:

"Tickets for each individual competition, also known as single session tickets, will go on sale in the fall of 2015."

Well I hope the mens event will be on a Friday and Saturday. Cause I have no freaking clue what my schedule of classes will be in the spring 2016 semester for college. I seriously want to go so badly. It'll be like a pilgrimage.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
How much are single sessions?

If I'm only interested in ladies and men's, would it make more sense to buy 4 single sessions?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I do want to tell everyone you can see VERY WELL from the balcony there, even higher up in the balcony. When I went to Nationals there I had many opportunities to sit in lower seats and also lower sections and actually passed on them all times but once because to my great surprise, my seats (which I expected to be quite disappointing and mediocre) offered a very good view.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do want to tell everyone you can see VERY WELL from the balcony there, even higher up in the balcony. When I went to Nationals there I had many opportunities to sit in lower seats and also lower sections and actually passed on them all times but once because to my great surprise, my seats (which I expected to be quite disappointing and mediocre) offered a very good view.

Thank you very much for telling us! Because I was looking at the seat viewer thingy last night and I was a little "worried" about how good my seats will be if I do decide to get them. I most likely will because I will be only getting tickets for the mens event. Because it's my favorite discipline and I'm a full-time college student and a college cheerleader and have to make it all work out.

charmblade

Final Flight
I will say that the quality of the balcony seats does vary depending on where you are. For Nationals, I was in the first couple rows of the balcony for one event and the view was fine but I was about halfway up for another event and couldn't see very well. I will probably spend the extra $100 to get tickets in the first couple rows.

lcd

Match Penalty
Wowowow, sigh. The ticket prices. Paying now for something that will happen in March 2016 is tough.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Update:
The countdown clock for ticket sales is only "an estimate," per an official tweet from @Worlds2016.
https://twitter.com/Worlds2016/status/509732673305468928 (Sep 10)​

I will amend the OP accordingly.

ETA:
I cannot understand why on earth the site even has a clock -- counting down second by second -- when the countdown shown is only an estimate.
Misleading information apparently does not concern the webmaster -- as long as the production values are high. :bang: "Bells and whistles" run amok.​

RobinA

On the Ice
Wowowow, sigh. The ticket prices. Paying now for something that will happen in March 2016 is tough.

I guess they feel they can get that for tickets. They won't be getting it from me. I was planning to go, but those prices changed my mind. Guess my World's memories will remain DC - Shen & Zhou. Not a bad way to remember Worlds I guess. Never thought I'd pass on an east coast Worlds, though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I guess they feel they can get that for tickets. They won't be getting it from me. I was planning to go, but those prices changed my mind. Guess my World's memories will remain DC - Shen & Zhou. Not a bad way to remember Worlds I guess.

maybe it's just me but I think the balcony prices are a downright bargain.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess they feel they can get that for tickets. They won't be getting it from me. I was planning to go, but those prices changed my mind. Guess my World's memories will remain DC - Shen & Zhou. Not a bad way to remember Worlds I guess.

Why not wait for single session tickets?! I'm going to have to wait for that. And those are usually cheaper...it's going to be a LONG year....

noskates

Record Breaker
My skating travel friend and I were definitely going to Worlds because we had such a good time in Boston for Nats. We usually travel with Dash Tours. Got their package last week and it is outrageously expensive. Then we saw the ticket prices on the Worlds website and were REALLY outraged. We may try to put a package together on our own. She's a travel agent so I just leave everything in her hands. I know what I'm willing to pay and believe me - Dash is nowhere near that price!!!

p.s. I realize charges depend a lot on lodging but still...........a lot of wiggle room in there.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Why not wait for single session tickets?! I'm going to have to wait for that. And those are usually cheaper...it's going to be a LONG year....

They are usually cheaper ONLY if you don't want to see all the sessions. If you do want to see all of them, it is usually more in my experience.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess they feel they can get that for tickets. They won't be getting it from me. I was planning to go, but those prices changed my mind. Guess my World's memories will remain DC - Shen & Zhou. Not a bad way to remember Worlds I guess. Never thought I'd pass on an east coast Worlds, though.

Oh and seeing that DC had worlds in 2003 makes me kind of sad in a way. Well for one, I live SUPER close to DC. But I was born in 1995 and wasn't a HUGE HUGE fan of figure skating until this year. It makes me wonder what would have happened if DC had worlds 2016 instead 2003.

Oh well, I've always wanted to visit Boston anyways.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Oh and seeing that DC had worlds in 2003 makes me kind of sad in a way. Well for one, I live SUPER close to DC. But I was born in 1995 and wasn't a HUGE HUGE fan of figure skating until this year. It makes me wonder what would have happened if DC had worlds 2016 instead 2003. Oh well, I've always wanted to visit Boston anyways.

I am thinking of going as well but wanted to buy tickets in the Spring. Do you think it will see out? I would like to see ladies and Ice dance.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am thinking of going as well but wanted to buy tickets in the Spring. Do you think it will see out? I would like to see ladies and Ice dance.

I have no idea. The only discipline that I desprately want to see is the mens event. I'm only going to go to the mens event if I can go... like I said. IF.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
maybe it's just me but I think the balcony prices are a downright bargain.

They would average less than about $45 per session which seems really reasonable to me too. Now the hotels on the other hand will be quite pricey I'm sure...

RobinA

On the Ice
I live in Philadelphia, so I would have to stay in Boston. Single sessions wouldn't really justify the travel and hotel expense. Plus, one of my favorite things about going to events is the practices and watching figure skating ALL DAY LONG.

Balcony seats? Again, cost/benefit. I spent some time in the Balcony at Nationals and while it was a nice change of perspective, I wouldn't want to live there. On the other hand, I could wait until the schedule comes out, make sure I will be able to see a reasonable amount of practices with my balcony all-event ticket, see if there are any hotel rooms left. Eh...let's say that if the cards fall my way I might get there. On the whole though, skating seems increasingly less interested in having people spend their money with them, so I might just take them up on their offer to spend more easily elsewhere.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They would average less than about $45 per session which seems really reasonable to me too. Now the hotels on the other hand will be quite pricey I'm sure...

I sure hope so! I'm not going to pay $600 for figure skating competitions! As much as I love figure skating, there has to be a line drawn on what is a reasonable price to pay for stuff you love.

Kayak.com might have good deals!