Most unfortunate costumes in history | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Most unfortunate costumes in history

Kateri

On the Ice
Flesh-coloured panties.....my gawd....
Some icedancer (can't remember who) was wearing them this year, with a front-split skirt
:eek: :eek:

For a second, I thought: cripes, she's got no knickers on - and a Barbie doll crotch!:eek: :laugh:

Cute costumes page, btw! Shame a lot of the pix are broken (for me, at least).

k.

Last edited:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Yay, the site doesn't look like its been updated in awhile. But its a brilliant idea...a site dedicated to bad costumes...I love it!

Eeyora

Final Flight
costumes cont.

Michelle: Sometimes I like what she wears sometimes I don't. She has worn some of the most beautiful costumes of all time and others have not been appealing Her worst are:
East of Eden: 1996 apricot exhibition costume as well as her orange costume from 2001 Worlds.
This Time Around: The long sleeved gold dress was unflattering on her.
Aranjuez: The lemon yellow costume.

Sasha:I hated the Carmen Goodwill Games as well as the Carmen costume from Olympics and Worlds.
I did not care for her Jenny Meno Rach costume as well. The stripes looked like medical tape. I also did not like her muchhyped blue and gold costume. It reminded me too much of a majorette. Sasha's worst costume is by far this years Maleguena.

Nancy Kerrigan: Both of her yellow costumes as well as her leopard two piece costume for her "Indian in the Cupboard" routine.

I did not care for Chen Lu's gold costume with the black feathers she wore for 1992 Worlds short program

Lucy25

Final Flight
berthes ghost said:

I suppose 95 worlds would do as well. Who remembers MK's dirty pink, when tie-dye goes bad, puffy sleeved dress and Irina's bad greek waitress uniform?
I think that pink dress of Michelle's is sweet. Appropriate for her age, and let's remember, styles have changed. It was a whole decade ago.

Which guy skated with a snake on his costume? It wasn't too long ago.

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
1. I hated MK's costumes back when she wore them, so I don't think it's about changing styles.
2. I think that Stanick Jeanette wore the snake.
3. I'm 99.9% sure that's not Stefan Lindeman in that picture. It looks like that Russian guy who skates for Germany, I forget his name, but he always wears the most gawd-awful tacky costumes that even Alexei Urmanov would have sense enough not to wear.

millyskate

Rinkside
The award for being consistently bad with costumes goes to andrei Vlashenko in my book. From cheesy to cheesier, and finishing his career with an all time best: pyjamas with the russian village on the belly, and a pastel bluey grey backgroung in the SP at euros this year.

icenut84

Final Flight
SusanBeth said:
I believe it was L & A [my memory might be faulty] who pioneered the short-lived flesh colored panties look. I had to go through web archive to find the picture Just scroll down. You'll know which one I am talking about immediately.

What could they have been thinking? They could not have believed that was anything close to tasteful. Were they out of shape and hoping to distract everyone's attention from their skating? :confused: x100

IIRC Anjelica Krylova wore a costume like that once too :eek: I can't remember which routine off the top of my head though.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
SusanBeth said:

Yagudin's Broken Arrow costume was awful. Wearing bullet holes and blood stains as a decorative motif is just plain tacky.

Juraj Sviatko, last year at Worlds (I think it was him?) skated to Marilyn Manson's song from the movie From Hell, and wore this slashed, bloodstained shirt. It totally rocked! But everyone around me hated it. :D

Laura :)

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this very long thread, but the exhibition number Scott and Duhlebohn did to the Pink Panther with Scott in her pink panther jumpsuit. I hated that number. I am also so sick of seeing Ben Agosto in his Elvis suit and can't believe they did that number AGAIN this year at Worlds. I wish they would retire it already and move on.

Also Plush's outfits from this World's exhibit. I liked the number where he wears Sasha's dress. Having seen his awful taste in regular comps, his world champion number as sex bomb being the worst, I think this year's outfits were dreadful. He looks so gangly, and his mullet hairdo does nothing for that snozz. I like his skating overall but miss the style and skating of Yagudin in his simple Winter SP. Overall, I hope the icedancers, Russians and French will go easier on the Illusion fabric!

Last edited:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Kara Bear said:
Yay, the site doesn't look like its been updated in awhile. But its a brilliant idea...a site dedicated to bad costumes...I love it!

It doesn't exist as a site anymore. Web archive collects images of websites. It's like a library/museum of the internet. This is just a record of how the site used to look. Some links work and others don't.

Becca84

Rinkside
Ok, it's not exactly the "worst", but what was w/ Ryan Jahnke's LP costume at Nationals? Those rainbow sleeves really needed to go (along w/ the purple/brown :laugh: )...

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
As someone who has had the sheer joy of wrapping her arms around Plush...I can assure you that while he may be thin, he is far from gangly. There is SOLID muscle there. ;) Also, I love his nose and hair. BUT back to costumes. Sex Bomb is the greatest costume EVER. :p Oh, this is about the worst....

Has no one yet brought up Yagudin's One Banana? (which I think is hilarious, btw)

soogar

Record Breaker
I envy you Princess Leppard.
I love Yevgany's mullet and it looks like he fills his costume well.

icenut84

Final Flight
PrincessLeppard said:
As someone who has had the sheer joy of wrapping her arms around Plush...I can assure you that while he may be thin, he is far from gangly. There is SOLID muscle there. ;) Also, I love his nose and hair.

ITA :) (You've wrapped your arms round him??? I'm VERY jealous.)

(And I also totally agree about One Banana :laugh: )

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Soogar and Icenut....I highly recommend hugging Evgeni. It is a fabulous experience. :love:

I can't think of any more costumes I don't like...

IDLERACER

Medalist
Alexander Abt was always quite a fashion plate. HERE he looks like he just popped out of the clock at Disneyland's "Small World" ride.

And of course, who can forget Elena Sokolova's "Waitress In A Danish Bakery" getup. I actually kind of like this one, but then, to me, she'd look good in a trashbag.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PrincessLeppard said:
Has no one yet brought up Yagudin's One Banana? (which I think is hilarious, btw)

Princess Leppard, are you making fun of my poor little Alexei? He was just a little boy and besides I don't think that Mishin thought one of his students could medal so didn't have an exhibition program ready. Now that's what I call a good coach who has a lot of confidence in his students.

Dee