Share Your Pet Stories/Pics | Golden Skate

Share Your Pet Stories/Pics

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Calling all pet lovers!

Since joining GS, I've seen lots of posts referring to people's pets and some great pet avatars as well. I'm pet-less at the moment (more about that later) but am a pushover for pretty much anything that barks or meows and just about any other type of critter, TBH.

What got me going on this was a bunch of posts from another thread. I'd love to hear everyone's pet stories and am guessing many others would, too. Thanks -- post often, post long! :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Great pics, StitchMonkey! The last reminded me of something - though this is not a story of our Sassi. I was walking past a rather low tree, the branches were just above my head, and they were bare of leaves. I stopped to look as in the branches a magpie couple were chattering furiously at a big cat in a white furry suit with sparing, dark (brown mostly I think) trimming. A Tom I'd guess from the sheer size of him. Anyway, after a few moments he leapt to the ground, and, as I was looking at him, he gave me what I call the cat-nod - which of course instead of the head dipping down and then up, is the reverse and the head going up and then down again - with a "Yeah? What are you looking at?" cool stare, after which he sauntered away nonchalantly with his tail held high...

Which obviously is the cat equivalent of sticking one's nose up in the air - except cats are better off; as having one's nose in the air brings the risk of walking into things, which would dent one's style rather badly. Cats can see very well where they are going whilst waving defiance with their tails. :)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Those fuzzy tummies are to die for! :love:

Re: "nose in the air," cats really know how to put us feeble humans in our place, don't they? :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
Those fuzzy tummies are to die for! :love:

Re: "nose in the air," cats really know how to put us feeble humans in our place, don't they? :biggrin:

Yeah - I'm quite convinced that cats are of opinion that... well... we humans aren't that overly bright really. It explains a lot about cat behaviour. But most cats are quite tolerant and realise that it isn't our fault really - we can't help it, since we aren't cats. "It's all right," says the cat, "I love you anyway. And I'm here and will take care of you." As when you are down, and your cat is comforting you: "It's all right, don't be sad - you've got.... Me." :)

Babbette1

On the Ice
Lisa the Wonder Dog did not have a good concept of 'space'.

For example, it was pouring rain and she hated walkies in the rain. So that evening when she started giving me the 'gotta go' eye, I opened the back door. She lay down on the floor and looked as pathetic as an 8 year old 80 lb Akita/Shepherd mix could.

So I put on my rain coat, my hat and boots, and got out the leash. She brightened up. I snapped the leash on her collar and said, "You're going to be disappointed" and opened the front door.

Her head just drooped. She had no idea that rain in the backyard meant rain everywhere else.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Loveeeeeeeeee the idea. I am creating a flirck acc to upload the pic of my beloved pets. :love:
But first you guys can see the big black fatty on my ava. He is the tamed one. Other cats in my family are mostly DIVA. :p

@Alba and Stickmonkey: your pets are sooo cute. I wanna cuddle!! :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
What's really amazing about these animals is how sensitive they are. I mean, how the hell can they understand certain things I'll never know.

Meoima

Match Penalty
What's really amazing about these animals is how sensitive they are. I mean, how the hell can they understand certain things I'll never know.
I have been convinced, people are deluded by conscious thoughts while animals are not. Uploading the photo of my puppy now.

Amei

Record Breaker
And to spread to other animals here is my bad little girl when she was a kitten stalking my parent's parrot.

StichMonkey - I have a similar story. this was years ago when I was a kid, my grandmother had a cockatiel and I got to babysit the bird (to this day I have no idea if it was male or female or what it's name was I called it 'pretty bird') when my grandmother went to visit her other children. My cat one day was sitting on top of the birdcage and flipping his tail in and out of the cage, messing with the bird. Eventually the bird timed it just right and latched onto my cat's tail with his beak and my poor cat I think had a heart attack.

Meoima

Match Penalty
What do you mean?
Ah I mean animals are sensitive and they can understand more things because they are not deluded by consciousness. They are simple and loving unconditionally (well in my cats' case maybe the condition is the food).

Your Diva is gorgeous. Beautiful azzurri eyes. :love:
yes, she is beautiful but her attitude is like Mariah Callas. You get what I mean. :laugh:

:love: He's adorable. I don't mind cats, but I just love dogs.
Thank you. He is still very adorable. He is a Ridgeback dog, so he has webbed feet (like duck). He can swim very fast. :) he is very energetic.

Alba

Record Breaker
:love: He's adorable. I don't mind cats, but I just love dogs.

Yeah, me too.

Ah I mean animals are sensitive and they can understand more things because they are not deluded by consciousness. They are simple and loving unconditionally (well in my cats' case maybe the condition is the food).

Oh yes. It is incredible though isn't it?
I mean my dog goes crazy when he sees me take the collar because he know he's gogin out and he's happy.
Now, the day I take the collare becase I have to go with him to the vet or grooming, he suddenly does nothing.
I call him to in order to put the collar but he hesitates. Now, how the hell does he knows that he's not going out for pleasure? :think: :unsure:

yes, she is beautiful but her attitude is like Mariah Callas. You get what I mean. :laugh:

Well, from the picture, I can only say she is entitled to. :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh yes. It is incredible though isn't it?
I mean my dog goes crazy when he sees me take the collar because he know he's gogin out and he's happy.
Now, the day I take the collare becase I have to go with him to the vet or grooming, he suddenly does nothing.
I call him to in order to put the collar but he hesitates. Now, how the hell does he knows that he's not going out for pleasure? :think: :unsure:
Maybe your dog have counted the cycle going to the vet? My Rex loves cuddling with my mum on her lap:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127690749@N08/15212879975/lightbox/
But he has become too big now. We had to sent him to my uncle'a house nearby. His house is huge so Rex can run as many hours as he wants. My house is too small. I have footage of him when he was still just a puppy. He is a big dog now. Still vey sweet.

Well, from the picture, I can only say she is entitled to. :laugh:
Yes, she is. Lol I love her eyes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127690749@N08/15212479642/in/photostream/