Adam Rippon in Season 2014-2015 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon in Season 2014-2015

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Hey all, haven't been reading much here but can some tell me if he's still skating this season, his programs and any links and does he have gp assignments. Thanks much.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Hey all, haven't been reading much here but can some tell me if he's still skating this season, his programs and any links and does he have gp assignments. Thanks much.

He is at Skate Canada and TEB. Same two events as Ashley W which I hope will be nice for them both. He is also skating at Finlandia.

His short program is to Tuxedo Junction. He skated it in a show earlier this summer. I looooove it. Here is a link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...6038059039582147282&oid=114752713093749901763

His long program is to Liszt but I'm not sure we know which piece yet.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Awww that was a nice touch (if intentional, even if only a little) by the USFSA to assign them to the same GP. They both have had a rocky previous season and are clearly a support network for each other.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
I suppose that "sentiment" is a nice way of looking at it, but I would expect "financial considerations" as well as "coaching logistics" played a part in it as well. As they share a coach, this makes it more cost effective for the host, and for Adam and Ashley as well (depending on how their coach handles the billing for his expenses while traveling with a skater for competition). It's also logistically sensible, as their coach has a number of elite athletes competing throughout the fall events. The better he is able to leverage his time away at competition, and is thus unable to be coaching the rest of the "stable" the better it is for those in the "camp" overall. This seems simply common sense for the elite coaches who have multiple athletes on the Grand Prix.

On a separate positive ADAM RIPPON note, Tom Z complimented Adam on the choreography of the programs that he did for Mirai. Lynn Rutherford tweeted his compliments.

TMC

Record Breaker
That programme is wonderful! One month to go, woo hoo :yay:

noskates

Record Breaker
Do you really think the USFSA takes coaching and finances into the equation when choosing which GPs the skaters participate in? I doubt they're that considerate. It's more likely who has a chance of winning against the competition that will also be participating and not having their top skaters knocked out by their second top skaters (not well put but I think you'll get the idea) In other words, at the end of the Gran Prix series, who is going to give the US the best overall points!!!!

I really, really, REALLY hope Adam does well this year. He's always been one of my favorite skaters but causes nail-biting in the extreme.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Go Adam! His programs last year were excellent, and he's done some wonderful work for Ashley Wagner. If he doesn't make it to the next OG, then rest assured he'll become the next Jeffery Buttle, Stephane Lambiel or Lori Nichol. He has a sensitivity for music and flair for interpretation that recalls classic ballet and is a thing to behold.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Awww that was a nice touch (if intentional, even if only a little) by the USFSA to assign them to the same GP. ...

Do you really think the USFSA takes coaching and finances into the equation when choosing which GPs the skaters participate in? ...

USFS has no control over Team USA's GP assignments ... with the exception of assignments for Skate America.

desertskates

Medalist
I love the work he's done for Mirai and am excited to see Ashley's short for this year! But I do hope he's finding time to do all the choreography and keep up with his own training.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
His short program is to Tuxedo Junction. He skated it in a show earlier this summer. I looooove it. Here is a link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...6038059039582147282&oid=114752713093749901763

His long program is to Liszt but I'm not sure we know which piece yet.

WOW. After watching Men skating like Juniors in the US International Classic, it's refreshing to find Adam's SP in a whole other level. He's changed his angel boy image and is performing like a top level seasoned Senior even with an unseasoned program. Love it.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I hope he has a great season. Now that the Olympics are 4 years away the pressure is off somewhat, he can just focus on Nationals. I hope he has a breakout year, he really has such talent and should be a National champion and a world medalist, he's worthy of both.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Go Adam! His programs last year were excellent, and he's done some wonderful work for Ashley Wagner. If he doesn't make it to the next OG, then rest assured he'll become the next Jeffery Buttle, Stephane Lambiel or Lori Nichol. He has a sensitivity for music and flair for interpretation that recalls classic ballet and is a thing to behold.

He's an excellent artistic skater, and I hope he does well, but comparing him to Buttle and Lambiel on the choreography end of things is giving him very big shoes to fill. :sarcasm:

anyanka

Record Breaker
He's an excellent artistic skater, and I hope he does well, but comparing him to Buttle and Labiel on the choreography end of things is giving him very big shoes to fill. :sarcasm:

How about "could be"? ;) Your point is well-taken though, he has plenty of room to grow as a performer and choreographer.

karlowens2

On the Ice

Agree. I think I like watching him more than any other US mens skater at the moment. Beautiful lines, a real feeling for the music. Hope he continues to develop.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have always loved Adam's programs, costumes, and skating. However, when he skates, I have the same feeling I used to have watching Alissa. My heart just pounds from the beginning to the end of his performances and when he skates clean, it makes my day.

I hope he has the season of his life. Angela Wang gives me the same feeling, I can hardly breathe when she skates. I think I might have a problem :)

noskates

Record Breaker
As usual - I stand corrected. BUT - whomever chooses who goes where....I still doubt they take coaching logistics and finances into consideration. The US still wants to place well or win.

Really liked Adam's Tuxedo Junction. He can be so polished.

TMC

Record Breaker
I have always loved Adam's programs, costumes, and skating. However, when he skates, I have the same feeling I used to have watching Alissa. My heart just pounds from the beginning to the end of his performances and when he skates clean, it makes my day.

I hope he has the season of his life. Angela Wang gives me the same feeling, I can hardly breathe when she skates. I think I might have a problem :)

I think a lot of people have that same problem ;) For instance, I couldn't watch the Olympics live (Men) at all because I get too nervous. I had to check the thread here first to know what kind of disasters I could expect before I could watch :laugh: Finlandia Trophy is the first competition I'm going to see in YEARS and I can only go this time because someone is coming with me so that I have a hand to grab and squeeze if someone falls :rofl:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thank You !!!!!! I am exactly the same way. I have to check the forum before I can watch their programs because it just kills me if they have a disaster. I have never watched Alissa's LP at Worlds and never will. Just reading about it made me sad. Clearly I'm too invested::unsure:
I think a lot of people have that same problem ;) For instance, I couldn't watch the Olympics live (Men) at all because I get too nervous. I had to check the thread here first to know what kind of disasters I could expect before I could watch :laugh: Finlandia Trophy is the first competition I'm going to see in YEARS and I can only go this time because someone is coming with me so that I have a hand to grab and squeeze if someone falls :rofl:

noskates

Record Breaker
mrrice and TMC summed it up for me. I've always wanted Adam to do well. I've always wanted to see him at the top of the podium because I think he's a classically graceful yet athletic figure skater. Unfortunately sometimes (like Abbott) I think he performs with his head instead of his skates. Big hopes for him this season.