2014 JGP Nagoya TV Cup Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Nagoya TV Cup Ladies SP

foruiz

Final Flight
He said something like "...flew 15 hours to do a single Lutz and a single Axel..."

It was pretty bad to say that on live tv, h could have waited a few minutes,,,

Thanks, I was not able to catch it live. I agree. Sounds like he was really furious about his ward but still... i bet that Samantha already felt horrible for not skating clean and that was probably the last that she wanted to hear from her coach. That is too much humiliation in 5 minutes.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's interesting to hear coach and student interaction in kiss and cry. I heard Orser say 'Don't do that on TV' to one of his girls. She was making faces because she had done badly and he was comforting her, but then he reminded her that all her pouting was now on TV.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks, I was not able to catch it live. I agree. Sounds like he was really furious about his ward but still... i bet that Samantha already felt horrible for not skating clean and that was probably the last that she wanted to hear from her coach. That is too much humiliation in 5 minutes.

'Back stage' interaction between coaches and skaters can be surprising. though of course, we don't want to see them arguing in public. But one behind the scenes TV program showed a clip of Akiko Suzuki and her coach having a heated argument during practice. Akiko says she can get really angry and so can her coach. It surprised me because I had always thought of Akiko as sweet and soft-spoken. Who knows what kind of coaching works best on a skater?

TMC

Record Breaker
'Back stage' interaction between coaches and skaters can be surprising. though of course, we don't want to see them arguing in public. But one behind the scenes TV program showed a clip of Akiko Suzuki and her coach having a heated argument during practice. Akiko says she can get really angry and so can her coach. It surprised me because I had always thought of Akiko as sweet and soft-spoken. Who knows what kind of coaching works best on a skater?

I agree that she may indeed respond well to that kind of coaching. I just think that it's unprofessional for a coach to say stuff like that on live tv where kids are watching. You don't want to give kids the idea that it's ok to be "mean". They may not understand how and why saying stuff like that may be acceptable in certain circumstances. He could have waited a while.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I agree that she may indeed respond well to that kind of coaching. I just think that it's unprofessional for a coach to say stuff like that on live tv where kids are watching. You don't want to give kids the idea that it's ok to be "mean". They may not understand how and why saying stuff like that may be acceptable in certain circumstances. He could have waited a while.
Yes. He should know he's 'On TV' as Brian Orser said.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The ISU JGP channel has started to upload individual videos.

I am adding the links to the videos thread.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I like Grace Lin from Canada.
She looks promising, she has already better skating skill than a lot of Canadian woman.
Good luck for the FS, I'm rooting for her!