2014 Nagoya TV Cup Mens SP | Golden Skate

2014 Nagoya TV Cup Mens SP

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just watched Boyang...He did pretty good.
I just...don't like his skating much. Which is sad for me.
James Min was sooo cute and he got quite a cheer from the crowd.

s_parks

Record Breaker
agree. With that presentation I am not sure about that score. But at least he got lower score than the previous Jpg.
nope. his pcs last time for the sp was 31.78. here i believe it's 32.64. I mean, I hate to sound so disparaging towards a young skater, but even han yan was significantly better than him in ss, presentation at jin's age.

Meoima

Match Penalty
nope. his pcs last time for the sp was 31.78. here i believe it's 32.64. I mean, I hate to sound so disparaging towards a young skater, but even han yan was significantly better than him in ss, presentation at jin's age.
I said the same as you before. Don't worry, we are on the same boat here. The thing I disagree about BoYang's scores is that his PCS are too high for the level of presentation. And I am not talking about his TES. Han Yan is definitely more lovely.

But I am afraid Chinese fed might be pushing BoYang over Han Yan, which is not fair. In term of presentation, basic skills and jumping quality, Han Yan is miles ahead of Bo Yang.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I said the same as you before. Don't worry, we are on the same boat here. The thing I disagree about BoYang's scores is that his PCS are too high for the level of presentation. And I am not talking about his TES. Han Yan is definitely more lovely.

But I am afraid Chinese fed might be pushing BoYang over Han Yan, which is not fair. In term of presentation, basic skills and jumping quality, Han Yan is miles ahead of Bo Yang.

han yan would be quite pleasing to watch in terms of presentation if he was given more fitting music.
and urgh, chinese fed. have issues with them over the pairs situation(but that's another story...) too. politicking can only get a skater so far(though, further than a skater deserves). i still think han yan will be too ahead of jin for chinese fed to make a significant push.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Shoma fell on 3A again. :no: His lutz has improved a lot. Congrats! :yes:
And the live stream stilled for like half of the program. :bang:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It was good...but not his best. 3A as usual and his first spin looked off.
But I still like his skating so much.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Hopefully Shoma can win this, he's not too far off, even in TES only 2 points lower, and PCS less than one point higher :/ compared to Boyang, even with the fall the PCS gap should be bigger imo (it's not like Boyangs axel was that much better XD)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hopefully Shoma can win this, he's not too far off, even in TES only 2 points lower, and PCS less than one point higher :/ compared to Boyang, even with the fall the PCS gap should be bigger imo (it's not like Boyangs axel was that much better XD)
Totally agree. Boyang's axel was not as good as Petrov in the previous competition IMO.

And people are still complaining about Timothy Goebel, he was much much better.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Nikhil from India?
Doing his very best. A clean program. ;)
Imagine how difficult it must be for him to skate where he is.
9 points!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Well, the highlight of the whole mens SP was James Min of Australia for me.
He's adorable and a good skater. I think this is his first time on JGP.
I wish Shoma had landed his 3A. But there's still time to do it in the LP.

NMURA

Medalist
Shoma is not landing the 3A even in practice. It's all as planned. Fall on the axel and land everything else.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Shoma is not landing the 3A even in practice. It's all as planned. Fall on the axel and land everything else.

But how long will this go on?
If he goes to seniors he may become famous as the champion without a triple axel. I wonder if such an important jump can just be skipped.
If he can land 4T and develops and 4S...will the lack of a 3A not matter any more?

Meoima

Match Penalty
But how long will this go on?
If he goes to seniors he may become famous as the champion without a triple axel. I wonder if such an important jump can just be skipped.
If he can land 4T and develops and 4S...will the lack of a 3A not matter any more?
Actually 3A is almost a must if you want to reach to the top 10 nowadays. Quad is more risky and often get UR calls.
He is practicing 4T and 4T3T, not 4S.

And frankly most juniors have better Axel than him, let alone senior. So 3A is very very essential. He couldn't leave out the Axel which is required. He had to include it in the layout.

Lambiel might have a bad 3A. But he still landed it sometimes. Like this time: http://youtu.be/F893u_lTNVw
And his quad was actually solid.