Julia Antipova seriously ill | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Julia Antipova seriously ill

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whaaaat???? 12kg? imposible, I mean, she would be dead. But surely things are serious.

Yes, that is literally impossible. However, she looks just awful. I find this to be heartbreaking.

I admit, I'm no good with weights that are given in anything other than stone. So, I just took the story as being correct.

But, whatever weight she is, it isn't enough.

Please do all you can to get well, Julia

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I feel so sad for her - I can only hope that she finds the strength to fight this thing and come through on the other side. Get well, Julia! We are all wshing you the very best!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Can we send Akiko Suzuki to have a chat with her?

Good luck to Julia. Those pictures broke my heart. :(

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Her parents told that she's still not allowed any real food, only some special liquids and 30 gramms of her favorite chocolate. I wish her all the best with all my heart!

Amei

Record Breaker
Yes, that is literally impossible. However, she looks just awful. I find this to be heartbreaking.

One thing I would point out is that those pictures look like the same as that was on the Russian TV special a month or so ago.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Poor girl, and she's not the only one who has dealt with that in the sport. I feel so bad for her, and wish her the best.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope the one who reported she was 12kg was just misinformed because that's technically impossible and just too sad!!! I hope she will be alright. Oh poor baby. :cry:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I can't seem to load the article. 12 kg sounds implausible. But either way, this is worrying... that she's still in such a bad state... :no:

MalAssada

Medalist
I think that the website may have made a mistake and considered that the 26kg reported before were actually 26 pounds, which is about 12kg (11,8 to be precise). Still, the 26kg mentioned before are very scary.

dress

On the Ice
A weight of 26kg for a height of 1.57m gives her a BMI of 10. I hope she'll recover.

peg

Medalist
I'm not an expert but I suppose it goes down very quickly when you reach the point of no return.
I'm not sure what you mean by "point of no return", but as a former anorexic, my experience is that the longer it went on, the harder it was to lose weight. That's partly because the body starts to slow down to conserve energy (slower metabolism, lower body temperature, etc.) and partly because your weight influences your daily caloric requirements, and the less weight (and less muscle) you have, the fewer calories you need. Plus, to some degree, your body starts to adapt to a lower weight.

I really hope she gets the help she needs. I know from personal experience that it's a long road back, but like another poster said somewhere in the thread, it is possible to re-program the brain. And that's exactly what it is.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I can't watch the video. It makes me tear up just reading the words here by fellow GS posters. Prayers for Julia to find strength and hope.

I can't either. Sounds awful. I remember her now, from Worlds last year. How terribly sad. I repeat your prayers, Sam-Skwantch.

peg

Medalist
and does anyone else agree that Radionova is looking frighteningly thin as well? Much thinner than last year. I fear she may be on her way towards full-fledged anorexia.
She is looking thin, but she's also growing, and people often look like rails until they fill out enough to catch up to their height. A couple of years ago I was looking through some old pics, and was really surprised to see how thin I looked when I hit my growth spurt. But within a few months, I started to fill out.

Barb

Record Breaker
Can people fill me in on Antipova? I didn't follow skating too closely from 2011-2013.

and does anyone else agree that Radionova is looking frighteningly thin as well? Much thinner than last year. I fear she may be on her way towards full-fledged anorexia.

No, Elena is ok, she is only very young, she has not fully developed, I would be worried if she still has that body at 20 years old, same with Polina.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
How could this go that far? Get well, Julia! You can do it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
She is looking thin, but she's also growing, and people often look like rails until they fill out enough to catch up to their height. A couple of years ago I was looking through some old pics, and was really surprised to see how thin I looked when I hit my growth spurt. But within a few months, I started to fill out.

If you think that how she looks is in any way normal and healthy for a 16 year old, or if you think that how she looks is just as if she is going through a growth spurt, I honestly do not know how to help you. I highly and sincerely suggest that you seek some help gaining perspective on what people at a healthy weight (even VERY thin people at a healthy weight) actually look like. Your perception is extremely distorted.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you think that how she looks is in any way normal and healthy for a 16 year old, or if you think that how she looks is just as if she is going through a growth spurt, I honestly do not know how to help you. I highly and sincerely suggest that you seek some help gaining perspective on what people at a healthy weight (even VERY thin people at a healthy weight) actually look like. Your perception is extremely distorted.

FWIW...I think Peg was referring to Radionova and not the picture of Julia.