How many people here are glad that Irina's back? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How many people here are glad that Irina's back?

sarahmistral

On the Ice
"in it for more than medals and attention"--that, coupled with the ordeal that hearing that her doctor wasn't referring to her fighting spirit when he informed her she had a big heart (the one fluff piece I really enjoyed from Worlds--she was so cute, recounting that anecdote; "of course I have a big heart", she quipped, chest puffed up, not remotely imagining what it actually meant, "I am sportsman!":cry: ) , makes me admire her more than I already did. I very much enjoy her energy and many of her programs, starting with the 1998 Nagano Oly LP (adorable Russian themed program set to folk music, with dress to match and jumps and steps right with the music) to her 2000 GPF, 2002 Oly SP, and many more. The thought that she knew she wasn't coming to Worlds to win but just to have the whole experience says a lot about the kind of person she is as well as the type of grim, near-death experience she must have had, laying in a bed feeling like she was barely hanging on, so weakened and with little hope for skating again in the future--it must have been her happiest Worlds ever, coming back to such a physically taxing activity after fearing she'd never lace up skates again, let alone on the world stage...I give her a standing O for all of that and for surviving, and in fact, am off to watch the Worlds LP download:D

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay IRINA!!!:love:

Sarah

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
seeing her smile this year was a highlight of worlds. i agree with most of you, that hopefully she isn't being rushed back by the russian federation and her own will to compete back into competition before she is fully healed. i remember oksana, who rushed herself back into competition after the doctors advised her not to.

i don't want her to become the tanja szewczenko of russia.

Oceanguy

Rinkside
Irina's Return

It's fabulous to have her back....
I hope she stays well and can get her confidence back to put together consistant programs!

I really must say that I wasn't really a big fan of Irina untill I looked past the fact that, at the time, she was the main competition for Michelle and that was why I didn't notice, or even want to look at, how great she really was/is. Now I admire her amazing athletic skills and overall skating ability.

I have to admit when I seen the clip that someone posted of her Rondo Capriciocio(sp?) program, it sent a bit of worry down my spine for my adored Michelle and even Sasha too!

: )
AB

Lantz

Rinkside
Excuseme my ignorance about this subject, but what is the disease Irina(my favorite and prettiest skater)has?

bronxgirl

Medalist
It has been reported that she had Churg-Strauss diseease, which is a form of vasculitits (an inflamation of blood vessels). remember, this is all second hand knowledge, and hopefully this is info that only Irina and her doctors know for sure.

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm so glad she's back and I dream that Irina was at the Olympics. I hope my dream comes true.

I told my mom about Irina and she was soo shocked. She was sad to hear about the hard times Irina has had with her illness and her mother. I really missed her face.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Based on the post that she has Churg-Strauss vasculitis, I read an article on it. I sincerely hope that is NOT the type of vasculitis she has. And based on her current fitness level, I wonder how it could be. C/S vasculitis is only 2% of vasculitis cases in the US.