Dancing with the Stars | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars

Anyone watching? I was torn because it was up against Ninja Warriors. :rock: (A great show for gymnastics fans!)

No Meryl. :cry: The show will never reach that height again. Oh well, on we go.

Alfonso (Carlton on Fresh Prince) and Peta clearly won the night, although Chong of "Cheech and Chong" at least brought attitude. My wife liked the boxer the best. "That's what women like, a big, strong , tough guy who is not afraid to show his romantic side." ;)

There was a classic comedy moment when the dress designer lady was supposed to grab a boa off the rack during the dance, but it got stuck and she pulled the whole rack down -- and then tripped over the boa. :laugh:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I felt so sorry for Betsey! It is hard enough to dance as a 72 year old and do a cartwheel into a split, without having the stage hands fastening down a boa that was supposed to be loose.

heyang

Record Breaker
I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this season.... I had to shuffle various recordings (i.e. TNT's Dallas, The Roosevelt's mini series, etc, missed the Master Chef finale) in order to be able to record.

I was curious how Bethany Mota would do - my 12 yr niece is a fan.... She did surprisingly well for someone who doesn't perform (at least in front of a live audience.)
I was also surprised by Duck Dynasty Sadie and the MMA fighter.

Alfonso was definitly in a class by himself. I'm sure some people will be upset since he has extensive dance experience, which is why I think he made a point of saying that he hasn't really danced in a while and that he wants to lose some weight. However, I think he's likeable and hope that he makes it to the finals.

I did feel bad for Betsy Johnson due to prop malfunction, but thought she did well, especially for someone of her age group.

I was also suprised by 'Cool Grandpa' Cheech.

I really felt bad for Lolo. She definitely did not look comfortable. From what I've read, she said she was distracted which threw her off. She's also at a disadvantage because she's paired with one of the new pros who dont have a fan base yet.

Since I'm on a conference call right now, I haven't watched the results show.... I'd be surprised if Lolo isn't in the bottom.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I'm not surprised. The Facebook page for DWTS always gives away who's going home. Whomever the 70 year old conservative grandmas are ragging on on there are usually the ones to go home. It's weird that they're still the main demographic when DWTS has been trying SOOO hard to crack the teenage demographic (look at the random teen stars that they had last season and this season, the switch from live band to recordings of current top 40 songs, the guest singers). I haven't liked this show since the all-star season. Of course, last season was watchable because of Marlie but barely. Getting rid of the live band and changing what the stage set up looks like (especially this season) just killed it for me. Funny how they suddenly didn't want to shell for the band when they spent lords knows how much on making the studio audience area gargantuanly huge, which was frankly so unnecessary.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was shocked that Betsy was over 70, I couldn't do the splits when I was a teenager, let alone a cartwheel..:laugh: :laugh:

Heyang said:
I was also suprised by 'Cool Grandpa' Cheech.

Me too!!

Mathman said:
My wife liked the boxer the best. "That's what women like, a big, strong , tough guy who is not afraid to show his romantic side."

,,,,and possibly his math problems!!! :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm not surprised. The Facebook page for DWTS always gives away who's going home. Whomever the 70 year old conservative grandmas are ragging on on there are usually the ones to go home. It's weird that they're still the main demographic when DWTS has been trying SOOO hard to crack the teenage demographic (look at the random teen stars that they had last season and this season, the switch from live band to recordings of current top 40 songs, the guest singers). I haven't liked this show since the all-star season. Of course, last season was watchable because of Marlie but barely. Getting rid of the live band and changing what the stage set up looks like (especially this season) just killed it for me. Funny how they suddenly didn't want to shell for the band when they spent lords knows how much on making the studio audience area gargantuanly huge, which was frankly so unnecessary.

They have been trying to crack the teen demographic since the first show aired. Ain't gonna happen. LOL!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Lolo went home.

Lolo is a person that people either love or love to hate.

I think she wasn´t the worst dancer, maybe the worst olympian dancer yes, but her personality and the fat that she didn´t let the judges finish her critique didn´t help her.

Hi, everyone. Hope tonight surpasses last week. I have heard many more knowledgeable than I say it was kind of like amateur hour. And technically, lighting-wise, etc. poor. Maybe they have worked things out in the interim.

I'm looking for my friend, Booky. We are old mb chatters.

Would it have killed the judges to give Betsey an 8? Her dance was utterly charming, and Tony was busting with pride. :yes:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Would it have killed the judges to give Betsey an 8? Her dance was utterly charming, and Tony was busting with pride. :yes:

Ditto! The oldsters ruled last night. And Allison was terrific.

Who Should Go Home: Nascar guy
Who I Want To Go Home: Duck Girl
Who Will: ? Haven't a clue.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Last night was atrocious. The dances are barely 30 seconds now and the live mini-band was Atrocious with a capital A. I can count on two hands the number of times they've had Land of 1000 Dances as a jive song on the show and it's never sounded as bad as that.

It's really hard to think that this is the same show that brought us Derek/Nicole's paso and argentine tango. It could never do that again, I feel.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

:thumbsup: Absolutely.

And Tommy Chong was again good entertainment value.

Last edited:

Skategmt

On the Ice
I love Alfonso and Whitney. I fpnt like Betsy, poor Tony always gets the most challenging people. I love Derek, I actually met him and told him I loved the choreography he did for Davis and Whites short dance last year. So sad to see Lol go home! Tonight Julianne dances:). I wish they showed Beryl on the premiere night, she was there!