Stars on Ice 2015 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2015

Skategmt

On the Ice
Is there any news about the cast of Stars On Ice 2015 yet? In particular about Meryl and Charlie joining? Please let me know.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is there any news about the cast of Stars On Ice 2015 yet? In particular about Meryl and Charlie joining? Please let me know.

Dude, it's September.

But if I was a betting gal, I'd put money on Meryl and Charlie being there.

seabm7

Final Flight

They start planning for the tour early, including the main theme and choreography. However, the decision on the cast is done much later, toward the end of the competition season.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I inquired about this on their Facebook page, and it sounds like we should start hearing more concrete news for shows/core cast some time in October.

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Dude, it's September.

But if I was a betting gal, I'd put money on Meryl and Charlie being there.

As Charlie and Tanith are getting married in April, I wouldn't bet on Meryl and Charlie doing SOI if they have the tour start right after Worlds again.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I doubt that Meryl & Charlie are competing this season, & perhaps SOI will go back to starting the tour during the winter (with opening night in Lake Placid, NY?). Last season's tour got under way after Worlds, so TPTB could capitalize on the Olympic season.

noskates

Record Breaker
Agree with what iluvtodd said. I think an Olympic year throws every schedule off and clearly SOI was waiting for Worlds to be over. Who would go, who wouldn't, who was available. And since several of the top skaters didn't seem to decide until the Olys were over it put SOI in a weird position of having to wait to see who would be in the cast. I think there is still a chance for Meryl and Charlie to skate SOI even with the wedding. My guess is the wedding was scheduled around various commitments for both Tabith and Charlie.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Tessa and Scott made a statement as recent as yesterday that they are doing SOI. I'm hoping this means they'll finally tour the US as well!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, when I went to SOI in Portland, I receive a pre-sale flier for 2015 that indicated that Meryl and Charlie would be involved. So I think it's pretty likely they will be there.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Hi may I know if this thread is for SOI in North America only, or for SOI in Japan as well?

If I can talk about SOI in Japan, then the latest information I've got is, the pre-sale lottery for SOI in Osaka (yes in Japan popular ice shows like SOI requires lottery to get a ticket, especially for the good seats)already began, the date is fixed on Jan 10/11/12, but there isn't any announcement of shows in Tokyo, nor about the cast yet.

flutzy13

On the Ice
If SOI producers were smart, they would have made great effort last year to sign D/W to a multiyear deal as headliners. I'll be floored if they are not part of the cast again.

Skategmt

On the Ice
If SOI producers were smart, they would have made great effort last year to sign D/W to a multiyear deal as headliners. I'll be floored if they are not part of the cast again.

I will too! That is a good idea that you had; hopefully they did that!:yay:

noskates

Record Breaker
Mrs. P....after seeing SOI for over 20 years, or maybe even more, those flyers really aren't an indication of who will be in the following year cast, unfortunately. I was heart-broken twice because Kurt Browning was on the flyer and then didn't skate the next year. I do hope you're right though. Watching Meryl and Charlie do exhibition programs is heavenly.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Mrs. P....after seeing SOI for over 20 years, or maybe even more, those flyers really aren't an indication of who will be in the following year cast, unfortunately. I was heart-broken twice because Kurt Browning was on the flyer and then didn't skate the next year. I do hope you're right though. Watching Meryl and Charlie do exhibition programs is heavenly.

:thumbsup: Definitely agree with the comment on the flyers.

seabm7

Final Flight
Tessa and Scott made a statement as recent as yesterday that they are doing SOI. I'm hoping this means they'll finally tour the US as well!

For the 2014 tour, IMG made a deal with USFS. USFS would promote the show. I wondered what were the details of the deal. It turned out the cast was exclusively US skaters. If the deal is the same for coming years, it will be difficult to see non-US skaters in the US version of SOI.

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't agree with that. Some of my favorite performers have been non-US skaters! Kurt Browning, Ilia Kulik, Katerina Gordeeva, Sale and Pelletier, etc. etc.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the emphasis was on the US skaters for the Olympic season (plus the US/Canadian/Japanese tours coincided). I hope that this season's US tour includes international skaters (bring back the Kerrs, please!) as well as US ones! If TPTB @ SOI have any brains, they will sign up Meryl & Charlie for a multi-year contract.

SOI, please do not have the 3 tours @ the same time, please! We want to see the international skaters, too!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But at the same time, it would not be very smart for them to start the tour during the competition season so that the current skaters can't skate. Jason's still going to sell a lot of tickets, for example.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's why I think TPTB should announce the core cast of skaters in the fall, and add other skaters after their respective Nationals & Worlds. If they are unable to do the whole tour, @ least they would get to do some guest spots. Last season's US tour was unusual since it did not focus on the non-Olympic eligible skaters. We've been attending the US tour since 1993, and the core cast always focused on the pro skaters (retired from Olympic eligible competition). Those core casts were able to do more of the group numbers for which SOI is known (and a lot of long time fans appreciate).