Stars on Ice 2015 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 2015

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Stars on Ice

We’re excited to be making two announcements today [Oct 30], our 1st show of the season – AND our US cast!

... Our 1st show will be on December 30th at Olympic Center in Lake Placid, NY! The presale begins on November 4th. More information on our US & Canadian tour schedules in November!

https://www.facebook.com/starsonice....127906.10101600935/10152357185175936/?type=1

The U.S. cast (in no particular order) 2014-2015:

• Davis/White
  • Chan
  • Lysacek
  • Meissner
  • Belbin/Agosto
  • Kerrs
  • Bradley
  • Rochette

I don't think the cast is that bad! You have two OGMs, two OSM, a OBM, a former World champion (Meissner), a European medalist (Kerrs) and U.S. champion( Bradley).

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

All the excitement they generated with the cast of last year's show and they're just going to throw it all away. No doubt we will then hear complaints about how ticket sales for SOI have dropped.

People bought tickets to see JASON. They bought tickets to see GRACIE. They bought tickets to see Meryl and Charlie (which they will this year). Some of them even bought tickets especially to see Mirai, Joshua, Max, Jeremy.

And a lot of the new fans who only started watching at this Olympics, or started watching because Jason went viral, or started watching because of "Queen Elsa", are going to be lost, or look at that cast and go, "I know Meryl and Charlie, but who are the rest of these people?"

Opportunity lost. Fools.

I know your comment seems harsh to others, but I agree with you. The main reason why I went to SOI in April was because I wanted to see Jason Brown skate. And plus the other 7 from the bronze-medal team from the team event of the Olympics. Well mainly for Jason.

So yeah, Although the cast has renown names, none of them make me want to go and get tickets ASAP. So idk if they're going to have guest performers like last time.

But as of now, no for me.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Below is an excerpt from today's SOI press release. The emphasis on dancing and DWTS is interesting.

Also, the SOI FB page said that presale starts on Nov 4. The press release says that tix go on sale Nov 8 (I guess this means non-presale ;)).

The artistry, romance and athleticism of skaters dancing on ice has always been a magnetic beam, mesmerizing those who watch into an awe-inspired trance. The 2015 Stars on Ice Tour will celebrate our love of dancing on ice with many of the top medalists of the past two Winter Olympic games. The dancing is so good on the 2015 Stars on Ice Tour that the cast features a champion, runner-up and semi-finalist from the hit TV show, “Dancing with the Stars.” At the center of this celebration of dancing on ice will be 2014 Olympic Ice Dancing Gold Medalists Meryl Davis & Charlie White. .... The Emmy Award Winning production will arrive in Lake Placid, NY on Tuesday, December 30th for a special 7:30pm performance at the Olympic Center.

This year’s Tour will feature two of the most dominant competitors of the past decade in Men’s Figure Skating. 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist Evan Lysacek will return to Stars on Ice for the first time since 2011, while three-time World Champion and 2014 Olympic Silver Medalist Patrick Chan will make his debut on the U.S. Stars on Ice Tour. The past decade of excellence will also be represented in U.S. Ice Dancing’s .... 2006 Olympic Silver Medalists Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto.

Also joining the star-studded cast for the 2015 Stars on Ice Tour will be 2014 Olympic Bronze Medalist and World Champion Joannie Rochette, World Champion Kimmie Meissner, seven-time British Ice Dancing Champions Sinead & John Kerr, and 2011 U.S. Champion Ryan Bradley.

Mods, I never can remember whether SOI links are permitted in The Edge.
If they are, I will come back and add them to my recent posts.

Well they should recognize Patrick Chan...

:agree: And Chan's debut on the U.S. tour is one of three rotating announcements now showcased on the SOI home page. The other two are (1) opening night of the U.S. tour and (2) Davis/White as headliners of the U.S. tour.

slider11

Medalist
Interesting cast selection. Love Davis and White - that's the sell. The men are strong and a good mix. Tanith and Ben, ok, must have been in the contract with Charlie. The Kerrs are dynamic, entertaining...like that. But Kimmie Meissner? Sorry, Kimmie but I don't get that choice. Would rather see Alissa. I see Joannie mentioned above; that's good. No pairs....too bad. Zimmerman and Fontana are too busy coaching. That's a real void.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... Tanith and Ben, ok, must have been in the contract with Charlie. ...

WRONG. Belbin/Agosto have been SOI favorites for years.

Offensive for you to suggest that they are only appendages of White.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
So excited that Lysacek is back with SOI!!! He was fantastic in the two SOI shows that I saw in 2011. Looks like I will be accruing some frequent flyer miles to go see him skate in a few SOI shows. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we bring Sasha Cohen back for SOI?? I'd love to just watch her stroking around even if nothing else.

seabm7

Final Flight
"The US SOI cast = The JAPAN SOI cast minus Japanese skaters"

This is the usual non-olympics year pattern for SOI. Well, they could not wait until after the World Team Trophy for the US tour. I wonder how many cities they could book.

ETA:
I hope they may include Alissa Czisny later.

The problem with the after-the-season tour schedule is it interferes with the training schedule of eligible skaters. Last year, Jason Brown did only the half of the US tour.

Skategmt

On the Ice
Are meet and greets at every show? I've asked a couple times and it doesn't seem like anyone knows. :confused:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Don't know yet. Hopefully we'll have more info on that some time this month?

Teenes

On the Ice
Stars on Ice has historically always been a professional tour - it's why Scott Hamilton founded it in the first place. The bulk of the US tour usually runs between January and March. Over the last decade, it's shifted to include more and more eligible skaters, and in Olympic years usually shifts the entire schedule to post-Olympics to capture the Olympics skaters. What they're doing this year is no different than what they've always done. The Canadian tour usually starts in April and therefore has been able to utilize more eligible skaters as regular cast and guest stars.

FYI this year, for the first year ever, the show in the US and the show in Canada will actually be different. Not just the casts, but the choreography. It's the 25th anniversary tour in Canada, and Kurt Browning is choreographing with that very much in mind. I don't know who is choreographing the US/Japan show. Something to keep in mind when allocating budget to see the show...might be worth catching both the US AND the Canadian show if you can!

noskates

Record Breaker
The SOI performance in San Jose, CA is scheduled for April 5th. For years I went to the US SOI to see Kurt Browning. I'm sorry he won't be in the US production this year.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The SOI Canada cast was officially announced today.
  • Browning
  • Virtue/Moir
  • Chan
  • Duhamel/Radford
  • Rochette
  • Buttle
  • Weaver/Poje
  • Shawn Sawyer

rvi5

On the Ice
Everybody from last year, except Osmond. CSOI cutting costs? Still negotiating a contract? Did Kaetlyn decide to skip the tour to focus on skating?