American Idol April 20/21 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

American Idol April 20/21

mike79

On the Ice
Re: Re: Re: Re: Un-Freakin Believable!

Tonichelle said:
George is going to win it all, baby! ;)

George could possibly win if he gets his act back together. He's had two shaky weeks so I think he really needs to rebound next time.

StillBlueLake

Rinkside
Tonichelle said:
you know... It's true that I don't have "a life"... so what if I don't. It bugs the crap out of me... but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to vote... man... what can I do... I get it from all sides... I'm such a loser.

First of all, I wasn't talking to you specifically, though to be honest, you seem to be a fan of the contestant most in need of booting from the show :laugh:

I'm not going to pick on anyone specifically, but I am going to give my honest opinion, in my constant quest to take my mind off politics for a bit of time per day. I am enjoying blathering about this ridiculous show, but most of my ranting is tongue in cheek!

As for your comment, if you are being serious, I was would suggest that you get a life. Anyone can and you are no different. No one is a loser and everyone has a talent. You can do whatever you want.

And maybe you could vote for only one hour straight? ;)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
You know what I wish? I wish that Americans could get as worked up about real elections as they do over AI!
Maybe we should replace presidential debates with singing contests. I can see Simon now, "I'm sorry, Senator Kerry, you just have no personality. Mr. President, if you want to remain in office, you have to remember the words to your songs!"
Rave

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
There is no counting for taste (please see tacky costume thread, LOL). Here we are fans of one of the most subjective sports. Is it no wonder that we all have different opinions about AI?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I think I read that same article... however, I believe it was found out to be a hoax... if it was the interview with Matt Rogers then yeah that WAS a hoax

Toni..........No I heard it from a different source....they don't mess with the votes, just the placement of the top and bottom three to mix things up a bit...........I think to increase votes for those in danger of being voted off too quickly......I guess it didn't work last night..........42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
You know what I wish? I wish that Americans could get as worked up about real elections as they do over AI!
Maybe we should replace presidential debates with singing contests. I can see Simon now, "I'm sorry, Senator Kerry, you just have no personality. Mr. President, if you want to remain in office, you have to remember the words to your songs!"
Rave

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's like something I read the other day. How come we get to choose from fifty for Miss America and only two for president?

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Tonichelle,

it is nothing personal against YOU. I like your taste in skaters (Especially your avatar! :)) And I like the fact that John brings a different style to this year, like Josh did last year. I like Sinatra-style music as well, and John has a fairly decent voice (although I think he butchered "Mandy"). But out of the remaining people there, I think he is the least talented in his presentation. There is subdued, and then there is coma. Please don't take my comments about it personally. It is commenting on the SHOW, the contestants, and the performances, not against specific people who maybe like those singers. I don't like Diana. I don't like Fantasia. And I don't think George has a great voice either. That's MY opinion.

If people are going to take other people's opinions about this stupid show as personal attacks, the hell with it, i won't post my thoughts on it any more.

Kasey

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
but saying the people who vote for the 'least talented' need to clean their ears IS personal. I'm not saying that Fantasia's fans need to do that... I just don't like her... I'm not saying it's rediculous she's still in there... and not because I think she has a great voice... because personally her "style" does nothing for me and I feel she screams her notes, says yeah too many times, and I don't see the 'presentation'

if we want to take a figure skating twist to it

Fantasia is my Michelle Kwan. Yeah technically she's great and deserves the accolades, but so what.

Diana I'd say Sasha... but Sasha has more talent... but I get the same vibe from both girls personality wise... also, Diana dresses like she's in her 20s... and Sasha has had some really revealing costumes in the last couple of years...

George -- Maybe a little like Paul Wylie... not sure... he's the underdog for sure and he's doing really well

John -- Todd Eldredge... so he doesn't emote with his face too much... personally his eyes tell the story for me... he's smooth, and great... maybe he'll be even better in a few years HOWEVER this is his only chance on American Idol... once you hit the top 32 you don't get to come back.

Latoya -- Irina... she's got the technical stuff... but she does that vocal gymnastics... and it's just not the best... just like Irina can do all the jumps... but artistically she's not as good as some of the rest...

Jasmine -- not sure

I think I've gotten on to the subject before... just because you don't name names... you do name the groups and I'm well aware of which group I'm in... I'm a John fan and that's not going to change and YES I can just vote for an hour... but I'm not dropping the ball and doing that just because a poster thinks that is the result of having no life... I can press redial and do other things... lame? yes. but what else am I going to do so 'late' at night?? Nothing! Besides if I put it down dad will vote for Latoya and that just can't happen :laugh:

anywho I am probably going to end up taking it personally... good grief if you say "John's fans need help" guess what I'm in that group(not that anyone has said that... but it's the next thing to be typed! LOL)

and I'm going to defend them... yeah I said I wouldn't get this involved again... but early on last year I was in there defending Clay... so oh well... Clay is still the best, but he's not competing this year so I gotta vote for someone!

and just think... if JOHN goes home there will be a lot of people voting for GEORGE... and so he'll win :laugh: where as if GEORGE goes 'Tasia and 'Toya will get most of his fans' votes

honestly I think Jasmine is the one that needs to worry...

btw... I think a lot of the reason people don't get as involved... the 'tweens/teens with really no taste can't vote... have to be 18! :laugh:

and I vote and I do get excited about it and I get into heated arguements over that... but politics is a little more tricky to talk about without offending (and believe me I'd offend just by listing my beliefs/opinions)

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Toni, I love comparing the AIs to skaters. It will give us something to do until next week's show.

LaToya - Michelle has it all but still some folks think she is too predictable

Fantasia - Sasha exciting to watch but sometimes all of the energy hides some flaws

Jazmine - Jenny has it all but just not there yet

Diana - Ann Patrice can do it but does not project to the audience

Jennifer - Irina a powerhouse but presentation as refined as some would like yet perfect to others

George - Matt Savoie makes you feel good watching but a little shaky at times

John - (who BTW is the son of Jenny Meno and Todd Sand) Timmy in some ways technically has it but no presentation

Last edited:

guinevere

Final Flight
Piel, ITA with your first 3 - they are right on!

I would change the other like this though:

Diana = Viktoria Volchkova, has some great raw talent but the way it's packaged together is far less than appealing. Can hit a couple of amazing notes in a performance and have a bunch of mistakes the rest of the way. Lacks depth of expression.

Jennifer = Julia Sebestyen, has amazing talent and control, great technique, can get in the final flight of skaters, and somehow doesn't inspire the kind of response that other skaters (with mistakes) do.

George = Emmanuel Sandhu c. GPF 2003, wasn't supposed to be here at all, has great talent, a magnetic personality (in a VERY different way than Eman tho'), when he's on he's amazing, even when he's off he's interesting.

John = Diasuke Takahashi c. Skate America 2002 (if you're not a fan) OR Plushenko c. 2004 Worlds (if you're a fan): seems in way over his head, evinces kind words & thoughts any time he doesn't copletely blow it (i.e. grading on a curve) OR Inspires blind devotion from his fans and deserves a bajillion 6.0s despite significantly flawed performances.

guinevere

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope... he's not plushy... I don't like plushy

but he could pass as Jenni and Todd's kid! ;)

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
In my humble opinion, Diana is Sarah Hughes. She could very well win AI 3 based on her enjoyment of performance vocally. :D

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
dude if she wins it'd be the equivilent of Kimberly Caldwell or Carman Rassmussen beating out Ruben, Clay, and K-Lo! LOL not a good thing! :eek:

but to each their own!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I was disappointed to see my favorite 3 divas down so low. they all 3 have great voices. I think the typical voter must be very young, as the 4 weakest were the highest, but each has a cult following. I still can't believe that JS even made top 12. George was so off. Jasmine a frontrunner is disappointing.

I love Gospel (Black Gospel) a lot and was so sorry to see Jennifer go. LaToya has great voice, but not a ton of personality.
I love singing and talent shows -wish there were more of that than all the sad reality shows.

guinevere

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
dude if she wins it'd be the equivilent of Kimberly Caldwell or Carman Rassmussen beating out Ruben, Clay, and K-Lo! LOL not a good thing! :eek:

but to each their own!
Toni,

I think this is like the 2nd time we've agreed on something related to AI!!! :eek:

:D :D :D :D

xo

guinevere

Uq

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
But geeze, wake up and clean your ears people! Vote for TALENT! Not "who's cute". Not "the young one". NOT "the nice kid". Ruben won on being "Nice". But even HE had a better voice than some of these people who weren't even in the bottom three this week. It is a TALENT contest, for crying out loud!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I'm sorry... I thought that's what it was all about I AM VOTING ON TALENT... I love John's VOICE and STYLE... tough if you don't. Don't insult my decision just because you don't like it...
Toni,
Please read your posts since the beginning of this season's AI. You've called fans of Fantasia "stupid"; you've said, "I find it funny that you all hate John Stevens with a passion" even though no one has even implied "hatred" of the guy and there is no way you can know what is going on in someone else's thoughts; you became angry at everybody for "assuming I'm a teenager" when all that happened was Piel tried to relate to your voting for two hours because when she was a teen she and her friends called in their favorite songs to the radio station for hours; and basically, every week your anger gets out of control towards somebody for something. Maybe people do assume you're a teenager. You're only 20, is that such a crime? And is it possible that your behavior leads people to make that assumption? Meanwhile, week in and week out, everyone else has gone out of their way to say, "Toni, we're not attacking you personally. We're just expressing our feelings about JS."

Toni, you and I have exchanged interesting posts in the past and generally I think you add a lot to GS. But you're also a moderator. It goes without saying that moderators are entitled to express their opinions, but if you don't mind a suggestion: If you find yourself really upset at someone's post, write it out on your WP program, don't post it, and don't look at it until the next day or at least for a couple of hours. Then respond on the forum. I used that one myself when I worked with an Omarosa type person. I think we all have subjects on which we could use a little perspective. I think this one might be yours.
Rgirl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't recall the stupid line... if I did I can't imagine in what refference to...

and the thing about my age... I realize I am a teenager(actually 19)... but I don't think saying "it must be the teens" is all that accurate. The massive voting for Clay last year was not the teens so much as the older women... I'm not saying it's bad... I'm just saying a lot of those same women are voting for JS...

I guess I do have to be careful... in fact I know that... you may not intentionally be attacking me, however as I've stated before certain posts do bother me... I can't see as how so many people voting for a certain person can be wrong... YES I know this seems like a double standard... and while I don't like Fantasia I understand the basics of people liking her... just like I understand that this and other skating boards will be swamped with Kwan fans... making me in the minority.

however I don't see how I can't take things personally when half the time people make mention that I am a JS fan--even before I started posting on these dang threads LOL. Saying things like "sorry Toni, but" and then "blah blah blah" you know? I have over reacted majorly in the last week and I'll not blab why out to everyone to read... but just like the rest of you there are issues in my life that bleed over. Not an always good thing for a mod to do, but it's not like this is an all time every day occurance... I promise to keep my overly outrageous comments to my journal from now on. :laugh: These last two weeks have been killer on me home wise... and I shoved it in all of your faces... I could just rant about it on another thread... BUT all in all I don't think that'd do anything but make people think I'm nutz LOL

and yeah the whole voting for two hours things stung... because I don't have much of a life... but then again you have to be an Alaskan or at least lived here for a long enough period to know that come spring, those of us who aren't suicidal do have a lot of built up frustration... it comes with the state... and really AI is the only way to keep my sanity... I haven't voted for the last two weeks for the full two hours because the days are "longer" and there's more for me to do... but during the winter that's why I'm online constantly... it's the only way I can keep from going crazy... and come Feb when AI voting is starting up there's another reason for me to not just zone out into the ozone... not having the son for 4 months really does something to ya! :laugh:

and now that I've made no sense of this whole post and completely scared you people into thinking I'm a wacko I am going to go read some more posts... be a "no lifer" ;) and surf the web... and then maybe I'll go back to the college and work on my final stuff for another four hours before coming home going to bed and waking up and do more work and totally stress out...

anyway thanks for trying to make sense of the post ;)