Injuries and Ills: 2014-15

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hopelessness: Oh no....at least its off-season, so they have plenty of time to rest and heal. Wishing them both a fast and easy recovery.

And it's still technically the first season in the quad (for the 2018 Olympics).

I'm praying for a FAST and SAFE recovery.

LRK

Record Breaker
Get well, Kevin and Kanako!

In Kevin's case - hopefully the surgery will take care of the problem, so that it will stop plaguing him, and when he does return, he can be fully healthy.

Talking about longstanding injuries and potential surgery - does anyone know what Kozuka is planning? I understand he's been postponing surgery for years now?

humbaba

Final Flight
This probably explains Kevin's poor showing at the competitions he entered this past season. Hope he recovers well from the surgery and comes back strong next season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This probably explains Kevin's poor showing at the competitions he entered this past season. Hope he recovers well from the surgery and comes back strong next season.

And hopefully he will blow everyone away and get the full redemption that he deserves. Yeah. It all makes sense now. Though I didn't know what was going on until after he WD from nationals, I had a bad feeling in my mind for months that something wasn't right/something not good was going to happen and unfortunately I happened to be right.

But this true fix will get him to top form eventually (When he fully recovers cause things like this cannot be rushed) have other skaters watch out.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't think of any singles skater who has returned to competition after surgery for a labral tear. Alissa Czisny tried and failed, and in fact she had to have a second surgery and even tried to return after that, but in time realized she couldn't do it. Naomi Nari Nam returned as a pairs skater. Madison Hubbell had the surgery, but she is an ice dancer and doesn't do jumps. John Coughlin (pairs) had the surgery and returned briefly to competition, but then withdrew; he and Caydee Denney have been doing shows but not much more.

I doubt Kevin Reynolds will be able to return to competition and resume doing quads as before. It just isn't possible.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's always exceptions to everything! Like for me! Though mine was related to the fact that people with my condition have motor clumsiness and somewhat low muscle tone and don't become athletic really but I proved them wrong by being able to do handsprings stunt for cheerleading.

Look I know that's not injury-related, but there can be exceptions to stuff, yes?

burntBREAD

Medalist
I'm hoping that it is just a minor injury and that she'll be on the ice fairly soon - there's so little information about the injury/surgery though that nobody's quite sure... I hope it won't affect them too badly! I'm looking forward to their next season under Ingo full-time, and hopefully it can still happen!

Interspectator

Record Breaker

burntBREAD

Medalist
Per clairecloutier on FSU, here are some updates on Haven Denney, including a Facebook post by Brandon on their page:

"
https://www.facebook.com/526823654090970/photos/pcb.688414237931910/688412751265392/?type=1&theater

Haven & Brandon posted some pictures of Haven before/after surgery.

They said she sustained this injury recently while warming up off-ice."

That's incredibly unlucky that she injured herself warming up, which is supposed to be the thing you do to AVOID injury. On the other hand, she seems to be progressing rather well and injury likely is not some impact or trauma-related injury (like a horrible fall on the ice or whatnot). Still, really unlucky and I hope that she can recover quickly and fully! Brandon seems like an awesome partner and friend to have.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Per clairecloutier on FSU, here are some updates on Haven Denney, including a Facebook post by Brandon on their page:

"
https://www.facebook.com/526823654090970/photos/pcb.688414237931910/688412751265392/?type=1&theater

Haven & Brandon posted some pictures of Haven before/after surgery.

They said she sustained this injury recently while warming up off-ice."

That's incredibly unlucky that she injured herself warming up, which is supposed to be the thing you do to AVOID injury. On the other hand, she seems to be progressing rather well and injury likely is not some impact or trauma-related injury (like a horrible fall on the ice or whatnot). Still, really unlucky and I hope that she can recover quickly and fully! Brandon seems like an awesome partner and friend to have.

Thx, burnt.
Not complaining, but I can't figure out how to make the first photo collage big enough to easily read the top right block of text.

In case helpful to anyone, I typed out just that one block of text, and posted it in D/F's fan thread:

And as I mentioned over there:
For those not familiar with FB, three more photo collages related to Haven's injury/recovery (in addition to the one in burnt's post) are grouped together at this link:
(Clicking will make each one bigger, but the first one still is a struggle for my eyes.)​

Best to Haven.
Love Brandon's comments on the strength of their partnership and on his admiration for her.

Last edited: