2014-2015 GP Predictions game | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GP Predictions game

FSGMT

Record Breaker

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, but for example the ladies entries are from 17 September so a lot can have changed since then. I don't trust ISU to update that quickly ;)

I disagree, other than the ladies they have actually been updated VERY quickly... when V/T withdrew, they were scratched out and the new pairs were in within 24 hours. All of the entries but ladies have been updated in October. Have the ladies changed since then? The SA list seems accurate from what I can tell.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I've done my predictions but I'm pretty sure I have some in there that have in fact withdrawn and some that are still TBD but should have names by now... I can't find the current entries easily anywhere... Could we pin a post somewhere with all the current GP entries, and that list could then be updated as things change?

Yes, but for example the ladies entries are from 17 September so a lot can have changed since then. I don't trust ISU to update that quickly ;)

I disagree, other than the ladies they have actually been updated VERY quickly... when V/T withdrew, they were scratched out and the new pairs were in within 24 hours. All of the entries but ladies have been updated in October. Have the ladies changed since then? The SA list seems accurate from what I can tell.

I don't intend to play the predictions game, but can't help adding my two cents to tulosai's post:
Obviously the only official list is the ISU list.
IMO, the GS thread re GP assignments already is a good place for unofficial updates re anticipated changes and rumors (as well as for official ISU updates).
Any attempt to invent a "better" wheel with a GS-generated master list inherently would be fallible (no matter how well-intentioned), unless it simply is a copied-and-pasted version of the ISU list, which would have no point.​

What a good idea! Where should we post our picks, on this thread or on a desperate thread?

A desperate thread? ;) Gotta love typos and/or auto-correcting. :)
(I hope you know that I am not picking on you, Skategmt ... could happen to anyone. :yes:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The main reason we do the predictions by event is because there are WDs! We allow edits until an hour before the event so that should allow you to change predictions show there be any WDs.

In addition to your top 5 choices, you're allowed to put in a few extra just incase there is a last-minute WD.

To add to Snow's answer -- I will link the thread here when its ready.

Last edited:

Skategmt

On the Ice
golden411;. 9958 said:
I don't intend to play the predictions game, but can't help adding my two cents to tulosai's post:
Obviously the only official list is the ISU list.
IMO, the GS thread re GP assignments already is a good place for unofficial updates re anticipated changes and rumors (as well as for official ISU updates).
Any attempt to invent a "better" wheel with a GS-generated master list inherently would be fallible (no matter how well-intentioned), unless it simply is a copied-and-pasted version of the ISU list, which would have no point.​

A desperate thread? ;) Gotta love typos and/or auto-correcting. :)
(I hope you know that I am not picking on you, Skategmt ... could happen to anyone. :yes:)

Of course not! :) I'm just so excited to be a part in of Golden Skate!:)