Tuktamysheva looking good | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva looking good

daphna

On the Ice
Wow, she actually looks really good in pre season! I thought she was going downhill with no hope, but now I think she could have a really good season.
I really like her Bolero SP, but the costume is hideous and totally not matching the Bolero theme.
It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed. I hope she gets flattering costumes done for her for the actual season - she deserves it and she looks just fine even if she a few spare kilograms.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Actually, I think that this costume suits her :) It does hide her forms. I think she does it to feel confident. All the stuff that she received on social networks and internet (that she reads) - that's hideous. So if she feels better this way - why not? As for me, she looks elegant

ordinary person

On the Ice
Wow, she actually looks really good in pre season! I thought she was going downhill with no hope, but now I think she could have a really good season.
I really like her Bolero SP, but the costume is hideous and totally not matching the Bolero theme.
It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed. I hope she gets flattering costumes done for her for the actual season - she deserves it and she looks just fine even if she a few spare kilograms.

When i talk about costumes i usually don't care about the dresses but i just have to agree here.It looks so hideous as though she put a pair of black sloppy table covers on her.I didn't even know she was skating to Bolero which by the way would've looked great with a pair of red or purple tights under the dress:)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm definitely not a big fan of the dress but that doesn't matter too much at this point. She appears to be doing better in terms of her jumps, though she does seem to lack control at times. I notice that she turns out on a lot of the landings of her combos; she'll need to clean that up for the GP. She looks strong at this point though, so that's a plus. Hopefully she'll continue to improve and really bring it this season. Liza T has to fight for a position among the top Russians so, like Alena, she'll need to really dig deep and bring her A game.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm about to shock everyone so get ready: I don't mind the dress now that I've seen her actually skate in it! And GUYS!!! She is NOT wearing black leggings! This is a huge step in the right direction!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed.

Oh for heaven's sake. Just a few threads down from this one is a thread about a poor girl who has been hospitalized for anorexia because of endless comments about her weight, and Liza STILL attracts brainless, moronic comments like this.

Liza is FINE. There is NOTHING WRONG with her body or her weight. She is absolutely beautiful, slim and trim. She ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

I dislike the Bolero dress (and its purple counterpart) but for a different reason - I think it needs an actual skirt of substance. When she gets moving, the skirt has a tendency to bunch around her hips.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Goooo Liza!
And I think her weight looks GREAT on her. It's perfect as it is. -And I have decided I like her dress for its originality. It could be a dress like all the other girls, but this is Liza we are talking about, why would she conform to what everyone else is doing?
At first it shocked me a bit, I didn't know what to make of it, but now I like it.

ordinary person

On the Ice
I'm about to shock everyone so get ready: I don't mind the dress now that I've seen her actually skate in it! And GUYS!!! She is NOT wearing black leggings! This is a huge step in the right direction!!!

Sooo showing more skin is a huge step in the right direction, my dear god, you people always make me laugh:rofl:
On the shocking part, she hasn't been wearing any leggings in competitions ever since the Finlandia Trophy last year sooo i'm not like too shocked myself.
I don't think anyone ever wears leggings with dresses in competitions.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Just caught up on her SP--really great! Yes, some of the jump landings could've been better, but considering her history of bombing the SP, the fact that she skated cleanly is a huge plus.

I'm neutral on the dress. I don't want any more black from her, but the dress itself isn't hideous. I'm just a bit thrown off by how it looks like a loose version of Carolina's Bolero.

And Liza isn't overweight. She has more curves than the other Russian girls, but she's fit and capable of skating well, so what's the problem? She looks perfect skating Bolero; despite only being seventeen, she doesn't look like a little girl trying to play an adult part.

Barb

Record Breaker
Goooo Liza!
And I think her weight looks GREAT on her. It's perfect as it is. -And I have decided I like her dress for its originality. It could be a dress like all the other girls, but this is Liza we are talking about, why would she conform to what everyone else is doing?
At first it shocked me a bit, I didn't know what to make of it, but now I like it.

This. I love the dress

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I honestly like her SP dress! It made her look more mature and confident. It's a major step up when you compare it to some of her past dresses and to some from certain Russian skaters :laugh:

Or she could do something else with her hair? I mean the ponytail looks fine but I feel like maybe braiding it to a bun will work better. ORRR she can have a half ponytail and curls?

hanca

Record Breaker
Looking good? I would like to point out that she was beaten by Leonova! That's in my books not looking that great skatingwise. (It may be good for majority countries, but with skating like this she has no chance against Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnistkaya and Pogorilaya. Doing 3T-3T is not enough in Russia!)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Looking good? I would like to point out that she was beaten by Leonova! That's in my books not looking that great skatingwise. (It may be good for majority countries, but with skating like this she has no chance against Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnistkaya and Pogorilaya. Doing 3T-3T is not enough in Russia!)
She is still having back problem, 3T-3T is already a risk to her.

LRK

Record Breaker

Just because she did a 3T-3T NOW does not mean she is dedicated to doing a 3T-3T for ever and ever and ever... There is improvement. She is getting better. Why do people expect all problems to be fixed and go away at once - or else it's a complete failure? Why do people think that the way they've seen a skater skate - for good or ill - at ONE event is how they will skate for the entirety/rest of the season?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just because she did a 3T-3T NOW does not mean she is dedicated to doing a 3T-3T for ever and ever and ever... There is improvement. She is getting better. Why do people expect all problems to be fixed and go away at once - or else it's a complete failure? Why do people think that the way they've seen a skater skate - for good or ill - at ONE event is how they will skate for the entirety/rest of the season?
Yes, not to mention her back is still hurting. It's a senior B competition, still early so we shouldn't make judgement yet. And LIZA HAS JUST WON!!!! Hura!! :love: