Is anyone watching the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Is anyone watching the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
OMG I WANNA CRY NOW! My gold and silver medalists!

Good job to all of the girls! esp. to Huang, Yao, and Daria!!!!!

:clap:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Rings event is next....and Im gonna pass again :laugh:

Headliners:
Yang Liu
Denis Ablyazin
E. Petrounias
Arthur N. Zanetti
Courtney Tulloch
Hao You
Samir A. Said

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Congrats to Liu Yang for that amazing and cray routine! His layouts and handstands are amazing!

Congrats to the others as well especially to Zanetti and You!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Definitely going to sleep now! What a crazy day :D

If anyone was reading my mini-updates and is actually watching, hope you enjoyed the event finals!

I'm definitely excited for MAG vault and women's beam!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Oops! Forgot to update my thoughts on this thread!

Men's AA: Uchimura was a god as expected and happy that Whitlock got a silver even though his federation totally pulled a Roza Galiyeva to get him into the finals. US men were pretty disappointing to watch. Oleg Vernyayev's PB routine was incredible here though! Double front half out dismount was amazing!

Women's AA: IORDACHE!!! She looked so happy to win the silver medal! If anything, these Worlds have taught us that Simone Biles isn't as invincible as USAG makes her out to be. Biles needs to watch out in the future because Larisa is rising the top quickly as we head to Rio. Disappointing that Ross managed to get bronze over Mustafina, but she didn't pull out the most difficult versions of her routines. Aliya said that after the team final, she just had nothing more to give. I really hope she stays healthy for Rio. Her federation is running her to the ground by using her all the time.

Men's floor: Happy for Denis Ablyazin on his first world gold! And Hypolito who won bronze 9 years after his first medal (a gold) in Melbourne 2005! I love, love, love that he packs his routines with Arabian somersaults! He's certainly coming up to challenge for a medal in his home country in 2016.

Women's vault: I was expecting this to be honest. Hong just needed to hit her vaults to win the title. The fact that Biles is still doing a 5.6 vault for her second one is laughable to be honest. She needs to upgrade. Thrilled for Hong thought! And Mykayla has certainly grown on me from last year so I'm happy she got a bronze here.

Men's pommel horse: Glad Berki finally got this world gold after he failed to qualify to the finals last year. His routine was beautiful!

Women's uneven bars: Everyone knew if the Chinese hit, they would go 1-2. But wow! They're routines were incredible! And we all knew a Russian would get bronze, but I doubt any of us thought it would Spiridonova! Disappointed for Mustafina again.

Men's rings: Yang was amazing! I put my money on Zanetti to win, but I'm glad I was wrong if a routine like that had to happen for him to lose the gold! Hao and Ablyazin were very impressive too!

Just one more day of event finals left! The most exciting ones I think: men's vault, parallel bars, high bar and women's balance beam and floor!

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Biles was injured earlier in the year which is why she didn't have the 6.4 cheng. Sigh, I'm still wondering why a Mustafina (half on, front full off) wasn't in the works. I would have been fine with Hong winning if her second vault had been clean. She took a huge sideways stagger, her leg went all the way up, and she went over the line. It should have had more than 1.0 in E-score deductions IMO.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
MEN'S Vault!

YEEES

Headliners:
Yang Hak Seon
He is the Olympic Champion for this event. Goodness, this guy is a tornado!! Expect amazing takeoff speed and perfect twisting form. Right now, he's planning on increasing his diffficulty scores in both vaults, even though he doesn't need to. Right now, he is slightly injured but that ain't stopping him since he was first in vault qualifications

Denis Ablyazin
Power vaulter as well. Quite interesting since he also does amazing in the other events. He was the silver medalist in both last year's worlds and in London for vault.

Kenzo Shirai
Another twister baby like Yang. A bit unseasoned as he tends to lose a bit control at the landing. Expect him to be one of Yang's fiercest competitors in the Olympics.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Awwwwwww yang feeeelll

that is not good

yeahp he's not getting any medal :cry:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Awwwwwww yang feeeelll

that is not good

yeahp he's not getting any medal :cry:

Men's vault:
That makes 2 gold medals on vault for North Korea! Never would have guessed!
Thrilled that Igor got silver for Ukraine and good for Dalton to get one for the US.

Women's balance beam:
Larisa fell! :cry::cry::cry: And Mustafina wins a bronze medal without an acrobatic series.
What a terrible balance beam final. But at least Simone performed a gold medal routine.

Men's parallel bars:
OLEG WON THE GOLD!!! So happy for him to be able to bring it back to Ukraine! And happy for Leyva too!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^
Good job to team North Korea! Goodness, next year is going to be mega interesting for both disciplines! You get both Mac and Yang probably creating more tornadoes to get their titles back.

I believe that we should all forget about WAG's beam final except for biles and bai's routines ofcourse! Especially proud of bai since she had the chance to shine :)

Woah parallel bars was cool but I still don't know things! :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's been very exciting the whole way, and I'm really glad that European countries got their share of medals as well.
Diversity is great for the sport. Well done all athletes. :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The whole week has been "Epke will be in the horizontal bar final on Sunday morning Dutch time, tune in!". Nice to see he didn't disappoint. :)

Been a good couple of hours for the Orange, with the show jumping Nations Cup Final win last night, too.

Now can we PLEASE get some decent figure skaters, too? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Furiously upset that the organizing committee played the wrong hymn for Oleg Verniaiev. What is that?! I don't know what it was, but it certainly wasn't the Ukrainian national anthem! You could see Oleg's face on the podium was literally, "What the HELL are they playing?" Ugh, I'm so angry about that. The Ukrainian national anthem is one of the most beautiful right up there with the Russian and Dutch anthems and I was so eagerly awaiting for it to be played.

Anyway... continued from my last post!

Women's floor:
Biles won... surprise! But it's cool that she now has the same amount of gold medals as the leading American gymnast, Shannon Miller, at the world championships! IORDACHE!!! (Again... guess my favorite gymnast at these championships!) So happy she hit after her disappointment on the balance beam. And happy that Mustafina managed to medal here with her upgraded routine! If nothing else, she's a fighter. Slightly sad for Skinner who has definitely made me a huge fan of hers these championships. Loved Miller's routine. Her Arabian double was beautiful! Vanessa was impressive!

Very cute screenshots of Mustafina when she realized she won bronze: https://twitter.com/Mustafeeny/status/521207460879941632

Men's high bar:
Was Zhang's performance in the team finals just a fluke? Perhaps. But his hand grips also tore here, so there isn't really a way of knowing. Loved Kohei's upgrade here! Very clean and very Kohei (no other way to describe his execution of difficult moves)! Moznik's difficulty here got him the bronze medal and happy it did. Although sad that David's routine was ranked so low, he had a really different type of routine that was interesting to see. And of course... ZONDERLAND! 2 insane combinations, MUCH cleaner form than London and even last year in Antwerp. Glad he was able to deliver! And by 0.5 at that! Hope to see him until Rio!

Hugely disappointing performances countered with amazing ones make this an exceptional and successful championships! So many nail-biting finals! And many controversial results too! IE, should Teramoto have won bronze over Mustafina who didn't even complete the base requirements? Was Zhang's high bar score in the team final too high? Should Japan have won the team final over China? Should gymnasts be able to compete in event finals if they pull out of earlier competitions (like Nile Wilson, who withdrew due to a sore wrist in the AA to let Whitlock in even though Wilson still competed in the high bar final?) Should Hong have won over Biles on the vault?

Sad it's over, but glad we have so much to look forward to in the future!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It's actually my first time watching worlds live! Goodness, I agree with you about the controversial things :scratch: They're a head scratcher! But on the other we saw amazing redemptions for those who needed it. :agree:

Time is ticking! less than 2 years is left until Rio O_O

btw can someone change the thread into a better and fun collective title or is it better we make another one for the next worlds?

ps. here's one of Yang's vault that he was supposed to do: http://31.media.tumblr.com/c7a36fe0e664ae2c62b53006fb03a35c/tumblr_ndb7hqyM9d1recceco1_500.gif
I believe its a Kas 2.5 :confused:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It's actually my first time watching worlds live! Goodness, I agree with you about the controversial things :scratch: They're a head scratcher! But on the other we saw amazing redemptions for those who needed it. :agree:

Time is ticking! less than 2 years is left until Rio O_O

btw can someone change the thread into a better and fun collective title or is it better we make another one for the next worlds?

ps. here's one of Yang's vault that he was supposed to do: http://31.media.tumblr.com/c7a36fe0e664ae2c62b53006fb03a35c/tumblr_ndb7hqyM9d1recceco1_500.gif
I believe its a Kas 2.5 :confused:

It's definitely a Kasamatsu because there's a quarter turn onto the vaulting horse and not a half (like a Tsukahara)... I believe it's a 2.5 like you said. Men's vaults are so confusing! So many different types of entries!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Nice to read of zonderland form improvement because zonderland in London was so atrocious It ruined the whole wow factor.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It's definitely a Kasamatsu because there's a quarter turn onto the vaulting horse and not a half (like a Tsukahara)... I believe it's a 2.5 like you said. Men's vaults are so confusing! So many different types of entries!

I got it confused with a Tsuk since the angle of the camera isn't that great (I think) but yeah I notice that it's not a half turn so I thought that it must be a Kas :laugh:

And I definitely agree with you on men's vault on being confusing but at the same time, they're amazing and innovative! Maybe that's why I find myself watching it more than the women's version...:eek::