Patrick Chan will Come Back for 2015-2016 Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan will Come Back for 2015-2016 Season

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
IMO Patrick's skating skills are in a class all his own and he deserved the PCS gap between him and all others. However, unlike the TES, there is a ceiling for the PCS, so there is not much room for Chan's scores to rise like the others' and the gap narrowed with the inflation. He has to compete harder in the TES these days.
true there is a ceiing with pcs but if someone is that much better th mark the others lower. There should be a huge gap and I tihnk he should have a cushion over even Hanyu and Dai too (though i am not sure if this chopin is a masterpiece - I have seen more intricate inbetweens from Patrick). Just as Hanyu Javier deserve a gap if they are on and for TES Chan deserves a gap for pcs. Regardless this performance amazed me for someone not competing this year.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well even with reduced PCS and easier technical content, Chan still cleared 178 points which is extremely competitive. Certainly the highest score for a program with just one quad and one triple axel.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Kozuka's PCS makes me cry, his beautiful skating skills are so underrated for the judges but unfortunately he just doesn't have the consistency so judges won't reward him higher PCS.

Anyway I think Patrick's score was fair, he almost hit the wall in his 4T-3T yet got 1.57 GOE, he'll be fine when he comes back as long as he's consistent. His Chopin program is so lovely. I'm just hoping when he gets an actual costume next season that it isn't a v-neck, I don't like them very much
I finally worked up the courage to watch Kozuka's performance (I avoided it when I saw the :eek: protocols...). His skating skills are incredible. I think he was even faster than Chan at Japan Open, and I really don't think he was weaker than Chan in any area. Such a shame about the sloppy performance; I visibly cringed when he fell on the axel.

Kudos to Chan for skating cleanly during a season where he's not even competing... but how much more PCS is he supposed to get? And PCS isn't just about skating skills--it's also about performance and interpretation, and I wouldn't put him anywhere near someone like Dai in that regard (heck, I think Javier Fernandez is a more engaging performer than Chan when he's on). Don't get me wrong though--Chan deserved the highest PCS at JO. I just don't know how much higher people want...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I finally worked up the courage to watch Kozuka's performance (I avoided it when I saw the :eek: protocols...). His skating skills are incredible. I think he was even faster than Chan at Japan Open, and I really don't think he was weaker than Chan in any area. Such a shame about the sloppy performance; I visibly cringed when he fell on the axel.

As a fan of Kozuka who often feel he is underscored in PCS, I wouldn't put him in Chan's league. Outside of watching them live together, the difference became clear to me in fan's videos with view of the whole rink. One was that of Chan's one foot skating down half the rink in no time. The other was that of Kozuka skating within an area in the rink. It became obvious that Chan truly skates huge while Kozuka skates small in comparison. I guess judges have clear views and impressions watching them live closely.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
As a fan of Kozuka who often feel he is underscored in PCS, I wouldn't put him in Chan's league. Outside of watching them live together, the difference became clear to me in fan's videos with view of the whole rink. One was that of Chan's one foot skating down half the rink in no time. The other was that of Kozuka skating within an area in the rink. It became obvious that Chan truly skates huge while Kozuka skates small in comparison.
Well, I certainly haven't seen them both live, so I'll trust your judgement there. And I wasn't saying Kozuka is overall a better skater than Chan. I just said the skating skills he displayed at this particular competition (Japan Open 2014) did not seem inferior to Chan's, and he actually looked like the faster of the two. Of course, that doesn't mean I'd give him anywhere near Chan's PCS considering the falls. (And Chan, of course, can display better SS than he showed in JO).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I agree. I have seen better SS and transitions from Chan. I do think Javier skates with more audience itneracton or is more outgoing but not sure if that means he deserves higher artistry skills.

MasterB

Final Flight
Patrick is one of those skaters that will never need to win an Olympic gold medal to become a legend. Love this program but, I never want to see it again. I don't believe he can skated cleanly again. Once perfected (i'm good with 95%) is time to move on to another piece of music.

Can't wait for him to return next year. Best of luck Patrick.