Savchenko/Massot split with Steuer | Golden Skate

Savchenko/Massot split with Steuer

paircheck

Final Flight
I cant believe this

https://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/eiskunstlauf-savchenko-trennt-trainer-steuer-072120294--spt.html

http://www.bild.de/sport/winterspor...o-servierte-mich-aljona-ab-37964156.bild.html

Savchenko/Massot are not longer trained by their long time Coach Ingo Steuer

She only said to him .... " you are not longer our coach"

Like it is written in these 2 articles above (in german) she said that Ingo is too expensive for them, because the german fed is still not paying for ingo, but he can train them for free :)
Ingo is very angry about S/M behavior and the way they split.

i don t understand that.... who can explain that

pls!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

paircheck

Final Flight
The "bild" article says that they will be trained by Richard Gauthier and Bruno Marcotte :) .... a joke?

How many pairs are Richard and Bruno Train in Montreal right now?

new rivals for Duhamel/Radford ???

Eric and his former partner Rachel Kirkland trained with Aljona in Chemnitz years ago....

I thought that brunos former coach gonna train them with Ingo

ohhhh what a MESS!!!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Well,

the thing is that because of Ingos history the German Fed doesn't support his athletes. Aljona and Robin had to depend on sponsors and fans for many years.

An athlete however shouldn't have to worry about financial issues and now that Massot wants to start for Germany with Aljona they are probably afraid that these issues will hinder their success.

That said, you need to wonder why this is a big problem now and wasn't all those years before. So ya maybe someone said something to her, she wants that gold medal its very important for her and maybe she saw this one in danger with Ingo on her side.

I wouldn't judge either side to fast, let them explain themselves in the next few days I am sure a feedback will be given. If I see the other press people here at Dresden I will of course ask them if they know more.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Funny that Szolkowy agreed to help the Russian Federation with their pairs and now Savchenko is leaving Steuer.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
What really gets me are not all of these splits,
It's how every time there seems to be a person who was left completely high and dry,
Usually by people who spent years alongside them,
What is it with this sport ?! :think:

Alex D

Record Breaker
What really gets me are not all of these splits,
It's how every time there seems to be a person who was left completely high and dry,
Usually by people who spent years alongside them,
What is it with this sport ?! :think:

Well, its like in love. You can know someone for 10 years and then suddenly she / he decides to walk away from you :(

Alex D

Record Breaker

I will translate it for you guys / summarize it.

Reason?

They told the MDR that it has financial, and sports politics reasons but also private. Ingo is supposed to get a payment in the 4 digits mid range category. Aliona and Bruno don't want to pay this from their own money so they do have a little dispute.

. "Aljona sagte, die Deutsche Eislauf-Union könne mich nicht zahlen, und ich sei ihr zu teuer. Ich könne sie aber umsonst trainieren. Das werde ich natürlich nicht tun", sagte Steuer und wurde deutlich:

Aljona said, the German Federation can not pay me and she wont pay me as I am to expensive. But I could train her for free which I of course refuse to do.
"Der muss irgendjemand was ins Gehirn gepflanzt haben. Ich werde aufs Abstellgleis geschoben."

Ingo said,

that he feels really said and that he assumes someone has manipulated Aljona.
"Ich wurde vor vollendete Tatsachen gestellt. Die drehen völlig durch! Ich habe Bruno von den Rollschuhen befreit, ihm Eislaufen beigebracht, keinen Cent aus den Shows gesehen."

He also mentioned that he taught Bruno how to skate on the ice and he never saw a dime for it. He also wasn't even informed about their concerns but the result was presented to him just like that.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I don't know why but i feel so sad about the news. I always thought that although Aliona was super talented Ingo was the one that brought the "something special" in hers and Robins programs.

hanca

Record Breaker
Thank you for your translating, Alex.

Yet another article has this quote from Savchenko:

„Wir wollen mit Ingo trainieren, haben aber jetzt kein Geld.“

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/wi...ngo-steuer-und-aljona-savchenko-13183963.html (Oct 1)​

Rough translation, AFAIK: We want to train with Ingo, but we have no money now.

Could it be another plot to make German Federation come yup with money? Maybe the German Federation will get scared that no other coach in Germany can get the results Steuer did and maybe they will finally offer to pay.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Could it be another plot to make German Federation come yup with money? Maybe the German Federation will get scared that no other coach in Germany can get the results Steuer did and maybe they will finally offer to pay.
If so then they are foolish to think that German Federation will buy that story.

Meoima

Match Penalty
News, from a poster in FSU:
I interviewed Aljona Savchenko and Ingo Steuer this morning. There is a conflict, still about the financing and about the idea to have a team of coaches and not only Ingo Steuer. However, both sides told me that they are interested in continuing to work together. My article (short version): http://www.freiepresse.de/SPORT/WIN...na-hat-mich-nicht-gefeuert-artikel8994677.php
More to come I guess...
Keep calm and carry on!
Feel free to use google translate.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Are they really splitting, or are the reports, perhaps, exaggerated? I can understand Aliona's reasoning (if the split is confirmed), but it's pretty bad for Ingo to be left high and dry like this.

I was really happy to hear they'd fled the clutches of the French Fed, but it looks like a frying pan and fire situation...

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't think this issue necessarily leads to the demise of pairs skating. I think it's an isolated incident and just surprised that it's only coming out now. Did Ingo raise his rates? And I thought he was absolved or excused from his previous issues with the German government. Wasn't he getting paid before? Some how I think there is more to this story than finances....