2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Ladies SP

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow, Wakaba was incredible :clap:, she doesnt look junior at all, the most of the time I see potential in the juniors, but she is already great, and just 13 years old :eek:
Her jumps are so beautiful :love:

gotoschool

Medalist
Wow, Wakaba was incredible :clap:, she doesnt look junior at all, the most of the time I see potential in the juniors, but she is already great, and just 13 years old :eek:
Her jumps are so beautiful :love:

I really enjoy watching the energy and freedom in Wakaba's performance as well. She's a little mighty Mo. Her skating skills, jumps and flow are fabulous, especially for her age, and to me she is rather graceful for a junior power skater. She also reminded me of two of my favorite skaters on the exits to her jumps. I noticed that she varies the exit to her jumps between a flow and lean back that reminds me a little of Mao, though admittedly still not quite as graceful, and on another occasion I noticed that she does a wide open arm gesture on exit that reminds me a little of Kristi Yamaguchi. Of course, she still has a way to go to get to their level and I wish she could get a Biellmann or a triple axel. But, she is already a joy to watch.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I really enjoy watching the energy and freedom in Wakaba's performance as well. She's a little mighty Mo. Her skating skills, jumps and flow are fabulous, especially for her age, and to me she is rather graceful for a junior power skater. She also reminded me of two of my favorite skaters on the exits to her jumps. I noticed that she varies the exit to her jumps between a flow and lean back that reminds me a little of Mao, though admittedly still not quite as graceful, and on another occasion I noticed that she does a wide open arm gesture on exit that reminds me a little of Kristi Yamaguchi. Of course, she still has a way to go to get to their level and I wish she could get a Biellmann or a triple axel. But, she is already a joy to watch.

Agree with this 100%. She does have tiny things to work on but she is fabulous. She arguably looks more polished than Yuna and Mao were at that age.