2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Pairs SP

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Seguin & Bilodeau look so, so polished and poised. :) I'm beyond impressed. They scarcely resemble the team that they were less than a year ago. They have made some amazing improvements, especially when you consider all of the setbacks they've had since last February (Julianne had a severe injury that made them miss junior worlds last season).

I agree that Julianne will eventually have to leave singles if she and Charlie really want to make a go of it for 2018. It's a shame, because she's been one of the top senior ladies in Canada for a few years now. Her schedule this season is absolutely insane, though. She has the Skate Canada Autumn Classic in mid October, then Skate Canada the week after. Assuming they don't self distruct in the FS tomorrow, her and Charlie will probably be at the JGP final in December. Then she'll have to skate two disciplines at the Canadian Championships in January. Her and Charlie should make the Junior world team, and she may make it in singles as well (she had qualified in both disciplines last season before the injury forced her to withdraw). With the state of pairs in Canada, there's a legitimate chance that her and Charlie may make the senior world team as well. I can't imagine she'll be able to keep up with all of that for too much longer. She's a delightful singles skater, but I think her and Charlie have something special here.

I seriously adore Séguin/Bilodeau!!! :love: They are so great; and have come so far!!! I am super excited for their free tomorrow!!! I hope it's just as fabulous! :biggrin: And, they definitely do have something special skatingfan04. I'd really love to see them aim for and make it to the 2018 Olympics.

In recent interviews, they've both discussed how much they enjoy skating with one another; and Julianne has said that she prefers pairs to singles, so I really hope they stick together and stick with it! I know that I'll be cheering these two on! :yes: :yay:

- I really like Fedorova/Miroshkin as well! Their SP is lovely; and a lot of fun to watch. :) Can't wait to see their free tomorrow as well!

Barb

Record Breaker
Wakaba was fabulous :bow:, she skate with an incredible sureness , style Yuna or Michelle. I hate she is only 13 and cant compete in seniors.