Canadian TV Schedule 2014-15 | Golden Skate

Canadian TV Schedule 2014-15

cjmorton29

Rinkside
So, I've been trying to find out if/when/where you can view figure skating in Canada this season. It has always been nothing until this week CBC added times for Skate America. But, hasn't announced anything beyond that. And there has been nothing from TSN/CTV that I've been able to find. Does anybody know if their contract to broadcast Skate Canada and Nationals is still in effect? Or is CBC doing everything?

Just wondering if anybody has more information than I have been able to find.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So, I've been trying to find out if/when/where you can view figure skating in Canada this season. It has always been nothing until this week CBC added times for Skate America. But, hasn't announced anything beyond that. And there has been nothing from TSN/CTV that I've been able to find. Does anybody know if their contract to broadcast Skate Canada and Nationals is still in effect? Or is CBC doing everything?

Just wondering if anybody has more information than I have been able to find.

fyi, TSN recently spent at least two or three days with Team Canada skaters at DSC. Paul/Islam, Balde, and Weaver/Poje all happily tweeted about TSN's video and photo shoots.
Acquiring fresh material for TSN coverage of skating this season would be the most plausible explanation, I would say.

Skate97

Rinkside
CTV/TSN has the rights for Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals for I think 7 more years (it was a ten-year deal), so they will definitely be airing these events. CBC has the international broadcast rights for 1 or 2 more years, so I would expect approximately the same coverage as we had last year.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Thank you for this information! I couldn't remember when the deals were established, or how long they were for. I was thinking they were still intact, but it just seemed odd than nothing had been announced yet.