Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 (Rules) | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 (Rules)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
EDITED 11/2/2014: Please refer to the links below for each round of the game!

Round 1: Skate America (ENDED)
Round 2: Skate Canada (ENDED)
Round 3: Cup of China (ENDED)
Round 4: Rostelecom Cup (ENDED)
Round 5: Trophee Bompard (ENDED)
Round 6: NHK Trophy (ENDED)
Round 7: Grand Prix Final (Now open with revised rules, please go to the page to see them)

Check out the winners of each round at our Grand Prix Predictions Game Hall of Fame page!
Check out the scores HERE.

*** ORIGINAL POST. See below for predictions rules ****
Hear ye, Hear ye! We are a little over a fortnight away from the start of this Grand Prix Season and 'tis time to continue the tradition of our our Grand Prix Predications Game! -- [Applause goes here!]

This is the time of year where we spent countless nights trying to figure out the likely outcomes of the six Grand Prix events ahead of us. We will have shouts of joy when somehow we ended up in first place in a discipline we never watch and cry as our predictions go down the drain in one fell swoop!

Alas, that is the nature of this fun game!

I am your coordinator and men's scorer, Mrs. P. Joining me in the scorers circle are FSGMT, our enthusiastic Italian fan who has returned to judge the fair ladies. New to this year's game are Snow63, engineer in Russia by day and Ice Dance scorer by night and our lovely friend from down under, elle_e who will score the pairs! We also have a great group of substitute scorers who may pinch hit from time to time: tulosai, Li'Kitsu, guenever, rosacotton

So with further ado, THE RULES!

1.) Please provide predictions for the top 6 in each discipline. Scoring will be done for the top 5, with the 6th place pick to be an alternate if someone in your top 5 cannot compete or withdraws.. You're welcome to add other predictions for places below 6th for further backup.

2.) After much though we have decided to stick to our current scoring system for simplicity:

All perfect predictions = 15 points. You predict Mao Asada to be in 1st and she gets 1st.
One place out = 10 points. You predict Mao Asada to be in 1st and she gets 2nd.
Two places out = 5 points . You predict Mao Asada to be in 1st and she gets 3rd.
All predictions that end up being three places out or more will receive zero points.

3.) Please be patient with the scorers. We are all volunteering our time to do this. Our goal is to have them done within a day or two of the competition, but we all have day jobs. So please be patient! Each of the scorers will post updates after each event.

You can check your scores by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/GPpredictions2014

This is important: If you have a question regarding your score, please PM me! (Mrs. P). I will then pass your inquiry to the right scorer. Also feel free to PM me regarding any questions regarding the game!

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hi, thought I'd title my response so it's easier to find for the administrators:

Admins: would it help you guys if we started a separate thread with each competition so it's easier for you to find?
I think it would help.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
At your request, I have posted both the Trophee Bompard and NHK Trophy pages so you can start doing predictions for both events. Keep in mind of roster changes, though we'll do what we can to update you all!

guenever

Rinkside
I'll be free to score for the GPF, if anyone wants to take a break (assuming whatever new gameplay you're figuring out isn't too complicated :D)