Should 2 quads a long program become the limit? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Should 2 quads a long program become the limit?

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I think the zayaking rules are needlessly convoluted.

For instance, if you repeat a jump it has to be in a combination. And if you fail to put it in a combination, it's somehow counted as a combination anyway.

And I wonder... Is there any particular reason why a repeated jump should be in a combination? I'm not saying there isn't - just that I don't know/understand the reasoning behind it. (I realise that this maybe should go in the Stupid Questions Thread. ;) )

The truth is, the rules changed. When you repeat a jump, its BV is only 70%, but it's not counted as a combination. So if you miss for example a combination on a second triple Loop, you can do it later.

And I think it's not a bad idea to put the jump at least once into a combination. You have to show some skills that combinations require. It's not easy to land two triple Lutzes, but you can jump a 3-3 with Lz, you are showing much more skills.

leafygreens

Final Flight
The OP brings up a good point. There was an age limit put in place to protect the health of the skaters, so it is worth considering putting a quad limit as well.